10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pepine View Post
    Yeah I noticed from the looks.... I like desert zones. Deserts, Snowfields and Jungles I like. Uldah is awesome too. It reminds me of FF12 in a way.

I don't mind if it's slow either. Mages in Final Fantasy are my favorite. White, Red, Blue, Black, Time, Green, Sage you name it.

A friend told me Red Mage here isn't like it was in 11 but I don't mind.
    I'm not sure what it was like in 11 since I never did that but in 14 its pretty much keeping black/white mana near equal and when you get over 80 of each you dash in for your melee combo and then get out and repeat. But yeah Blue Mage is in the game but its as a limited job where it more or less is not the current max level.

And off the top of my head I don't think there are many jungle areas... Parts of La Noscea? Rak'tika Greatwood are really all that come to my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Western and Eastern Thanalan are probably the best looking zone in ARR, probably because of the gorgeous long draw distance scenary shots with the mountains in the background. The other ARR zones don't really have that (except maybe the southern part of South Shroud, beautiful sunrises to amazing music).
    Dumb question but I'm on PS4. Is graphical quality sacrificed heavily compared to PC?

I mean stuff looks pretty but I'm guessing PC looks prettier?

10+ Year Old Account
    Western and Eastern Thanalan are probably the best looking zone in ARR, probably because of the gorgeous long draw distance scenary shots with the mountains in the background. The other ARR zones don't really have that (except maybe the southern part of South Shroud, beautiful sunrises to amazing music).
    Excuse me Val Coerthas is beautiful also!

Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    I'm not sure what it was like in 11 since I never did that but in 14 its pretty much keeping black/white mana near equal and when you get over 80 of each you dash in for your melee combo and then get out and repeat. But yeah Blue Mage is in the game but its as a limited job where it more or less is not the current max level.

And off the top of my head I don't think there are many jungle areas... Parts of La Noscea? Rak'tika Greatwood are really all that come to my mind.
    In 11 it was a jack of all trades.... literally. Could heal, dps and even tank if you knew what you were doing.

If you were a good RDM tank people would love you.

10+ Year Old Account
    In 11 it was a jack of all trades.... literally. Could heal, dps and even tank if you knew what you were doing.

If you were a good RDM tank people would love you.
    Yeah nothing like that. Although a RDM can heal/raise people in a pinch if needed.

Yeah nothing like that. Although a RDM can heal/raise people in a pinch if needed.
    Does it still have the dapper hats for it's armor sets? That's all I need to sell me.

I'm going to exhaust what I can of this unlimited free trial then my friend said buy Shadowbringers as it includes Stormblood.

I don't mind if it's slow either. Mages in Final Fantasy are my favorite. White, Red, Blue, Black, Time, Green, Sage you name it.

A friend told me Red Mage here isn't like it was in 11 but I don't mind.
    White Mage gameplay in FFXIV is a mixture of DPS and healing. You maintain DoT uptime on targets, spam stone for single target or aero for AoE, and if the tank is low on health you heal him up real quick and go back to DPSing. In the 70s, White Mage gets a very powerful DPS nuke CD that is fun to use.

Black Mage is the aforementioned turret. Stand in place and deal a lot of damage. Also great at AoE.

Red Mage has the most mobility and versatility of any caster, and is pretty easy to play. The job revolves around "Double Cast", where after casting a spell, your next cast is an instacast. So what you want to do is to cast short cast time spells so you can insta cast spells that would otherwise take you a long time to cast. That way you can insta rez people, or cast attacks while moving.

Astrologian is the time mage. Sort of. A lot of what made Astrologian unique has been watered down over the years. It's now a white mage lite, except instead of the high damage nuke, you instead draw a card and give it to a party member to buff their DPS by 3% or 6%, depending on which card it is and who you give it to. Not that it really matters. The cards used to be different and used to be very important way back when, the job needs a rework to make that matter again.

Blue Mage is different from the other jobs in that you don't automatically learn new abilities upon leveling up. Instead, you must open your Blue Mage spell book, look at where an ability is rumored to be located at, and track down a monster that has that ability, fight that monster, wait for it to cast that ability, and then kill the monster to acquire its ability. Some of the abilities are ludicrously powerful (like one shotting bosses). Blue Mage was really overpowered at first so the devs restricted it from queuing for duty finder (LFR) with randoms. Then Blue Mage got nerfed and now it's mostly on par with everyone else (still has a handful of abilities that can one shot bosses), but you still can't queue with randoms for dungeons. You'll be doing a lot of dungeons to progress the main story, so unless you're going to form a group to do each dungeon, it's rather difficult to go through the game first as a Blue Mage.

- - - Updated - - -

Blue Mage also has fun challenging solo content called the Masked Carnival, where you have to find the right set of abilities and tactics to win. Think Brawler's guild from MoP.

You can unlock Blue Mage as soon as you beat the ARR 2.0 story. No expansions required. Give it a try.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blue Mage also has fun challenging solo content called the Masked Carnival, where you have to find the right set of abilities and tactics to win. Think Brawler's guild from MoP.

You can unlock Blue Mage as soon as you beat the ARR 2.0 story. No expansions required. Give it a try.
    I really need to get BLU leveled up with the amount of fates I need to do -.- I unlocked it and then never did anything with it...

Excuse me Val Coerthas is beautiful also!
    Certain parts of Central Coerthas, yes. But you can't get long draw distance shots across the zone, as half the time there is a blizzard obscuring your view, or there is a mountain in the way.

Western Coerthas has unobstructed long draw distance shots and looks gorgeous, but that's an expansion zone. I can't really think of any expansion zones that don't have gorgeous long distance shots... except for maybe Raktika.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it still have the dapper hats for it's armor sets? That's all I need to sell me.
    This is the level 50 set you get when you complete the first quest for the job.

show him the 70 set that's the one everyone wants

Getting FF11 vibes..... Sold.

Getting FF11 vibes..... Sold.
    too bad you missed the rerun of the FFXI event, they gave out Iroha's armor. Maybe they'll rerun it again in a couple years

but on the bright side, the FFXV event will probably be rerun next year so you'll be able to get the car

10+ Year Old Account
    show him the 70 set that's the one everyone wants
    It takes me time since I didn't save any of the appearances so I have to go get them! Like you can look in the ffxiv character thread and see the glamour I use there because that is what I use for EVERY job >.>

- - - Updated - - -

Level 70

Level 80

It takes me time since I didn't save any of the appearances so I have to go get them! Like you can look in the ffxiv character thread and see the glamour I use there because that is what I use for EVERY job >.>

- - - Updated - - -

Level 70

Level 80
    Ooooh I like them both. Imo I think the 80 one looks cooler.

10+ Year Old Account
    In other news got one of the upgrade pieces from a Castrum run yesterday for the Bozja gear, today it sold for 8mil!

In other news got one of the upgrade pieces from a Castrum run yesterday for the Bozja gear, today it sold for 8mil!
    holy crap

+2 haste while doing Bozja isn't worth 8 mill gil to me so I guess I'll try to sell if I get an augment token

10+ Year Old Account
    holy crap

+2 haste while doing Bozja isn't worth 8 mill gil to me so I guess I'll try to sell if I get an augment token
    Gotta love Crystal and Diabolos server >.>

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I think the point is also to allow for challenge, open world encounters just turn into zerg fests with no penalty for just throwing bodies at it until it dies. That's not interesting to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    They are world bosses. This is as close to interesting content in the open world that cannot be zerged as you are going to get.
    Sorry but I really don't see how this is interesting or challenging open world content when it is not open world. It's just a locked circle in a map. There is nothing open about queuing to get locked into a circle to fight a boss, it may as well just be the usual circle room in an instance. I don't think changing the scenery is enough to change what it really is.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

10+ Year Old Account
    Thaumaturge/BLM never really speeds up much since its the turret class/job. But yeah the game is fairly slow until you get a ton of oGCD skills later on. And also realize that Thanalan is the desert section of the world
    Very different people you and me.
    When I played the demo I started in Thanalan... almost quite the game because I thought it looked so barren and ugly.
    I was used to WoW's cheerful colors and deserts never were my thing in any game.

I prefer the Shroud. Esp. during lightning storms.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    Sorry but I really don't see how this is interesting or challenging open world content when it is not open world. It's just a locked circle in a map. There is nothing open about queuing to get locked into a circle to fight a boss, it may as well just be the usual circle room in an instance. I don't think changing the scenery is enough to change what it really is.
    It's open in the sense that you have spectators. Yeah the queue mechanic + teleport does take away the seamlessness a bit.
    Bummer but it's okay.

To be frank though: Bozja itself is a dungeon, so it's not really part of the open world at all.