Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Only takes 10 hours to level from 1 to 50. Do you regret?

Back in the old days, 10 hours does not even get you to level 20.
    It takes hours to gain a level.
    You don't get the mount until level 40.

Then you have to do BC, WotLK, etc.
    Each expansion takes 10 hours.

Do you regret to level all your alts?

I haven't leveled any alts since Blizzard starts to sell boosted characters.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post

No regrets. At the time it was the best possible solution to my need to get a new alt. People need to stop living in the past or possible future. What matters is the here and now. If you want an alt then do it and stop worrying about "ifs" and "whens". Applies to a lot of things in life, not everything though.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

I'm confused, so you're saying it takes you 10h to go from 1 to 50 but then you say you havent leveled since blizzard started selling boosts. Then where are you getting the 10h? Bc I've been leveling a new alt since wednesday, a dark iron dwarf, so it starts from lvl 10. I'm currently at 12h and I'm only 32 after having completed only 1 entire zone (Howling Fjord) and I'm on the early quests in Dragonblight
    You don't understand. Having an unpayed full time job that no one appreciates is the magic of classic.

It's about the journey. The journey into depression. The journey of running a daycare full of middle-aged alcoholics ignoring their SOs and avoiding social engagements to fulfill something they wanted 15 years ago before everyone realized it's not hard at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    The game is just a lot different than it used to be in general. I enjoy playing classic, but I definitely prefer the leveling in retail now. It's faster, more enjoyable, and there's a lot more options of where and how to level. It's not much of a "journey" anymore but I've been playing since 2006 so I don't really care about that anymore. I've seen it all a million times and being able to level alts in a timely fashion is great. I'm happy it's like this now.

Of course not!

I only level alts when I WANT to, meaning every single one of them has been part of my entertainment, which is what this game is to me. I never feel forced to level an alt, so it will never be something I regret doing.

Regret leveling them when it used to be longer? No, because then I wouldn't have been able to play them

Also, I find leveling one of the most fun parts of the game. I've yet to experience the new system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    I'm confused, so you're saying it takes you 10h to go from 1 to 50 but then you say you havent leveled since blizzard started selling boosts. Then where are you getting the 10h? Bc I've been leveling a new alt since wednesday, a dark iron dwarf, so it starts from lvl 10. I'm currently at 12h and I'm only 32 after having completed only 1 entire zone (Howling Fjord) and I'm on the early quests in Dragonblight
    It depends on the expansion you level in. Also, dungeons are faster than questing in many of the expansions. In general WoD leveling is the fastest though. I still generally prefer tbc and wrath questing though so even though they're a little slower I've been doing those instead. I've been leveling a dark iron warrior and I'm level 21 with maybe 2-3 hours played, just spamming dungeons as prot and gaining around 2 levels per dungeon.

No regrets, all those alts got me millions of gold back in WoD and have helped maintain my ability to play for free.

I haven't really leveled any characters from scratch since WotLK. Fuck that noise. Might finally level a shaman as it's the last remaining class I haven't got to 110 (45 i guess)

Why would I regret having fun? I wouldn't level up alts if I didn't find some enjoyment in it.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Oldschool vanilla WoW and even TBC, used to be about the journey. Spending a long time leveling up was important, because there was a lot to appreciate along the way.

But modern WoW is all about the end-game at level cap. So making leveling take a long time doesn't even make sense. In fact, there have been many very good arguments for removing leveling entirely, and simply replacing new leveling experiences with story-based progression instead.

So no, I don't regret leveling being faster in modern wow. It makes sense. It fits the game's focus. It fuels alt play. It lowers the barrier of entry for new players.

10-50 leveling took 15-20 hours for the player who do not use optimal paths, premade group dungeon spam etc.
    Assuming that leveling now isnt the big part of the game and just the way to endgame where most of content are, its pretty optimal.

Wait you haven't leveled any alts in 6 1/2 years?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    I'm currently at 12h and I'm only 32 after having completed only 1 entire zone (Howling Fjord) and I'm on the early quests in Dragonblight
    If you wanted to level fast, you'd just spam Island Expeditions. 1 IE = 1 Level from 10 to 30. Then it's 2 per level. Just make sure you tap all the kills you can, and don't loot or get azerite any other way except for kills.

10hours is more than enough... stop provoking.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

so.... how do you know how long it takes to level from 1-50 then? have you been boosting all your characters?

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    so.... how do you know how long it takes to level from 1-50 then? have you been boosting all your characters?
    A youtuber said so.

As for leveling alt, we get a free boosted character whenever we buy the expansion.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    A youtuber said so.

As for leveling alt, we get a free boosted character whenever we buy the expansion.
    ah so you're basing it off their experience and not your own. gotcha. if you'll excuse me I'm off to buy 100 lottery tickets because a youtuber said that was the best way to win the lottery

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    Loooooooooooooooool
    Well at least he's honest lol! Also "A youtuber said so." is my new sig.

If that youtuber said you should jump off the cliff, would you do that?