Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Not only that I don't regret it, I want 310% flying mounts at level 10, as it was possible to do, for example, cata leveling with 310% flying speed before, but now you have to be level 40 to have a fast flying mount, and it feels bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Baza View Post
    Not only that I don't regret it, I want 310% flying mounts at level 10, as it was possible to do, for example, cata leveling with 310% flying speed before, but now you have to be level 40 to have a fast flying mount, and it feels bad.
    Getting my DKs to level 70/27 for 280% was the best thing I did. Screw doing 80% of the leveling without a decent flying mount.

(That said, I've leveled none of them so far. I thought I'd be a lot more hype for the leveling, but truthfully, I just can't be bothered doing my 30th+ characters just for heritage armours )

Imagine how disapointed our ancestors are. It took months to travel, now it's only hours. Such a waste of time. They should have all just sit on their asses not wasting time.

How stupid of an argument it is? Do you regret buying a mobile phone 10 years ago, because now it's useless and there are countless more modern and cheaper?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    A youtuber said so.

As for leveling alt, we get a free boosted character whenever we buy the expansion.
    So you have no direct knowledge and only regurgitate info spouted from Youtubers? The 10 range is if you are leveling pretty optimally, and a pace I doubt you would ever be able to achieve. I mean, Desmesphisto (who has a few toons in my guild) has done 5.5 hours in beta prenerf and is working on his post nerf routing now, but i promise you dont have the level speed run experience he has. That just shows you cant take a single players experience as gospel.

As for your opening bait post? I have 16 120s, and dont regret them at all because i got use out of them for various reason (Crafting and Mount farming typically) and am in the process of leveling another character with my wife to play with the shorter system.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm approaching 10 hours and only 36 (warlords). But no I don't regret leveling past alts compared to this new system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Back in the old days, 10 hours does not even get you to level 20.
    It takes hours to gain a level.
    You don't get the mount until level 40.

Then you have to do BC, WotLK, etc.
    Each expansion takes 10 hours.

Do you regret to level all your alts?

I haven't leveled any alts since Blizzard starts to sell boosted characters.
    No regrets of leveling my alts.

I'm an altoholic. I've always seen leveling as easy, and found ways to make it faster for myself.

My latest alt took 15 hours (precisely, with slacking) to go 1-10 (Exile's Reach), 10-50 (Warlords of Draenor) as a Goblin Survival Hunter.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Are you implying you buy boost for your characters? This is why we can't have fun things anymore.

I like the new system. As an alt whore, I like that it doesn't take forever to get my toons to max. That lets try class/race combos I have never tried because the time sink was too much. Not only that, but since you can level completely in one zone it allows a content rotation, to avoid the experience getting stale.

I think leveling is good for learning the basics of your toon, but I don't think you needed 120 levels to get that education. You learn a lot in end game content, so with your base level knowledge from leveling, you can now start learning the big stuff quicker. I think, this may lead to more competent players in groups in the long haul, but probably not immediately.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account

Why would I regret it? I've had a lot of fun memories on the toons I've already leveled, and that isn't diminished by week-old changes. Frankly I think the leveling overhaul (minus the 'You're 50, now GTFO' removal from Chromie Time) is the best thing about this patch.

I've already leveled 3 new toons since these changes, I welcome them with open arms.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    No regrets. At the time it was the best possible solution to my need to get a new alt. People need to stop living in the past or possible future. What matters is the here and now. If you want an alt then do it and stop worrying about "ifs" and "whens". Applies to a lot of things in life, not everything though.
    Agreed. It literally took many years to get to this point, and it was a slow tedious development, we got heirlooms and character boosts, less required experience, easier mobs, and although an abandoned account full of max level characters wouldn't hold as much value today, I'm sure people with similar accounts who still actively play made some great achievements across the years with their many alts, it depends on how you made use of your account and if you spent your time right, EDIT: if you done something valuable with it before its value depreciates.
    Last edited by Hekazi; 2020-10-19 at 01:12 PM.

Of course not. Should I have held off on leveling alts for FIFTEEN years because it's faster now? That makes no sense.

nope and i probably wont level any more toons eihter

I don't understand this thread. Does the OP think 10 hours is too long? Why would anyone regret it?

And what does the boost have to do with leveling alts?

How can you know it only takes you 10 hr to level up now when you say you havnt leveled up in years, just sounds like the typical on my street back in the city we do it this way, you know someone that has an opinion without even knowing if it is true or not

If it only takes 10 hrs thats great but i am sure you would love the game to have progressed to where current max lvl was 200 on the character and that reaching that with a new customer would take you 8 months but trust me it is fantastic once you reach max level, that customer would mail it in and say forgetaboutit in like 2 weeks tops.

I levelled through WOD 1-50 in just under 6 hours. You can definitely do it faster than I did.

I regret nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    No regrets, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    I'm confused, so you're saying it takes you 10h to go from 1 to 50 but then you say you havent leveled since blizzard started selling boosts. Then where are you getting the 10h? Bc I've been leveling a new alt since wednesday, a dark iron dwarf, so it starts from lvl 10. I'm currently at 12h and I'm only 32 after having completed only 1 entire zone (Howling Fjord) and I'm on the early quests in Dragonblight
    It takes between 8-12 hours to level from 0 to 50.
    I'm finishing my 3rd new character today.

You are slower because you choose one of the worst places to level. TBC, WotlK and Pandaria are horseshit slow compared to Cataclysm, Legion, Bfa, WoD.

Even then, just do WoD as much as you can. Fastest there is. BfA would be a close second in my exp.

I need to play and level asap

5+ Year Old Account
    I have NO regrets. I think Leveling is fine now. Honestly if you wanna level slow just play classic.

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    I'm confused, so you're saying it takes you 10h to go from 1 to 50 but then you say you havent leveled since blizzard started selling boosts. Then where are you getting the 10h? Bc I've been leveling a new alt since wednesday, a dark iron dwarf, so it starts from lvl 10. I'm currently at 12h and I'm only 32 after having completed only 1 entire zone (Howling Fjord) and I'm on the early quests in Dragonblight
    He's probably getting it from the threads around here where people are hitting level 50 in one zone. It sounds like you are taking longer than most of the other people posting about it. Then again, I'm not playing, so what business do I have commenting?
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu