Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    ...Do you regret to level all your alts?...
    I enjoy the leveling more than the end game... so not at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

I regret nothing.

I had my fun back in the day with the old style levelling but times change. If I wanted to play with levelling as a prime focus I'd play classic.

Back in the old days, 10 hours does not even get you to level 20.
    It takes hours to gain a level.
    You don't get the mount until level 40.

Then you have to do BC, WotLK, etc.
    Each expansion takes 10 hours.

Do you regret to level all your alts?

I haven't leveled any alts since Blizzard starts to sell boosted characters.
    Once I started reading stuff from people on Alpha and Beta saying to wait until Pre Patch to level I stopped leveling alts and waited now I have characters at max level I would have never dreamed because I despise questing and leveling in general and they have been parked since WOD because leveling has been utter garbage the last 2 expansions now I get one character from 40-50 per night.

No regerts. Not at alllll.

10+ Year Old Account
    i have one of each class at max level for every expansion. The Monk was my last to level up and its done, so I never have to go thru this again. There are no regrets, and when they introduce more classes, I will be leveling one to learn it inside and out. Its a "know thy enemy" kind of philosophy.

No regrets.

Have been on this roads 20 times or so. Don't need more extensive levelling xp if we don't have a complete redoing of it, Cata-like.

10 hours? I level in TBC zones and 1 lvl takes anywhere from 20 to 50 minutes

I wish they would allow my Heirloom gear to work like it did before so it would take even less time. Id love to have the option to boost for free after you level once character through the new content to make some developer happy.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I don't understand this thread. Does the OP think 10 hours is too long? Why would anyone regret it?

And what does the boost have to do with leveling alts?
    No, he doesn’t think so - a YouTuber said so and he is parroting their words.

He hasn’t levelled an alt in years and has been using boosts

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Back in the old days, 10 hours does not even get you to level 20.
    It takes hours to gain a level.
    You don't get the mount until level 40.

Then you have to do BC, WotLK, etc.
    Each expansion takes 10 hours.

Do you regret to level all your alts?

I haven't leveled any alts since Blizzard starts to sell boosted characters.
    Nope, because I had fun when I did it. Why would I regret playing a Videogame?

No, because leveling is a journey to me. Yes, even 11 years later and regardless of what people say about endgame "being the game", which is an opinion. The entire game is the game.

If it takes 1 day of /played or 10 hours, is of no significance. I do have more fun and feel less burnout now than before though, and I'm in no shape or form speedleveling. And I've got 50+ chars at 45. No boosting.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-10-19 at 01:52 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, if someone plays with a specific plan that follows specific criteria solely focused on getting from 10-50 in the shortest amount of time, you can do it in 10-12 hours.

Or you can be a normal person and do it at a normal pace and have fun with it, and it will take...however long it takes. I have a level 18 Vulpera Warlock that has about 9 hours /played. Some of that was pre pre-patch Orgrimmar walk around time, but no way I'll hit 50 in under 24 hours. Leveling in Legion, and I am not being slow on purpose, just playing as I feel like and enjoying the experience.

Look, you can eat a Five Guys burger in 90 seconds, just shoveling it in your mouth and swallow after two chews, but that doesn't mean you should.

To quote Chen Stormstout "life...is to be savored!"
    Last edited by taishar68; 2020-10-19 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Corrected level
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

I leveled fairly casually and it was 16 hours played with I would say at least 1-2 hours of that afk. Leveling to 50 is a complete joke now. But I think this might be alright. The leveling became to convoluted. Granted this might have gone to far but leveling felt a LOT better. Every level I got a new skill, new spell, or a talent for the most part. I actually felt the character evolving at a reasonable pace. When I look to the future I see some problems though. I mean after 50 it is very quickly going to revert to borrowed power and not a lot of new skills. So once the next expansion hits and that borrowed power goes away those 10 levels are going to be pretty hollow. Add another expansion or two.. it might be quickly bad to convoluted. But we will see.

I did notice in 5 mans a few things were kind of awkward. Not broken but you noticed them. Some of them were overturned pretty hard so if you like challenging content I recommend Cata 5 mans right now while you level because 2-3 of them were rough. Also a few times where you had a very low level player, in particular in tanking and healing situations, that just didn't have the tools sometimes to get the job fully done. Yes, you would get through but man sometimes mass AOE damage is pulsing and that 18 holy paladin was on the struggle bus with the tools you just don't have now.

I started playing in Wrath, and I don't remember there being times when 10 hours got you to level 20 only, sorry. Sounds like an exaggeration.

And no, I regret nothing. The game constantly evolves and that is a good thing. I had 50 characters at max level in BfA. 15 done through afking Korrak's revenge, and 35 done in "normal" ways. I was using all those capped characters throughout that whole time when the leveling was at its previous speed. I don't see how it's a waste or something to regret at all.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

I think it is weird when i level my alt in BFA from just going though 511-16 levels i have made nearly 1000k without the "farm" aspect just normal vendor run a group and quest

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    No, he doesn’t think so - a YouTuber said so and he is parroting their words.

He hasn’t levelled an alt in years and has been using boosts

LOL. Wow. The question should then be, do you regret using boosts since leveling is so quick and easy. It's always been. I've never seen a boost as worth the money. But now that leveling is significantly easier, it REALLY isn't worth the money now.

I just wish gear, gold reward scaled so you could actually finish a zone before moving on

A youtuber said so.

As for leveling alt, we get a free boosted character whenever we buy the expansion.
    It took 6 hours for me to get my Shaman from 40 to 50, 2.5 of those levels within the hour of boosted XP after completing an Alliance invasion while leveling in Voldun. I highly doubt the average player is going to be getting 1-50 in 10 hours. Don't take the word of youtubers as gospel.

Definitely not. If anything, I regret not leveling more before. 1-120 was more fun than 1-50.

I'll be honest, I literally came to the forum today to post about this. I'm still not sure if I think Shadowlands is going to win me back over long-term, but I fucking ***LOVE*** the Leveling changes!!!

I figured I had a Mage sitting at 45, I thought I'd see how long it took to finish him out to 50. Not only was it entirely painless, but because I chose TBC, I actually got to experience a rare bout of World PvP again (I honestly had forgotten I'd even turned War Mode on until someone started attacking me), and it was a blast. But it was also a short enough experience, it didn't overstay its welcome (particularly since I added a couple of dungeons in there, so I hit 50 right about the time I completed all of Hellfire Peninsula).

I enjoyed it so much, I'm actually thinking about leveling more characters. I'm someone who has always DESPISED the leveling process. This change has done a complete 180 for me, and coupled with the removal of level-restrictions for transmogging, I'm honestly pretty stoked to try some more characters out.

Definitely a VERY welcome change.