Poll: What will you do if Shadowlands sucks?

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I will buy a 3 month sub once Shadowlands releases. Then I will play those 3 months no matter how good or bad Shadowlands is, no more, no less. That's how I play WoW these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Erwarth View Post
    The guy you were quoting was talking about an endless grind. So if you say there is a grind. Either you didnt read or you're baiting him

Either way I'm curious what grind you are talking about because i don't see one (a 20 minutes weekly quest isnt a grind)
    endless and neverending (which is what he actually said) are 2 different things

This game always has some kind of content that I enjoy, so I doubt SL will be completely devoid of things that I will like. I find it highly unlikely.

If I do end up disliking it however, or if I simply have no time to play anymore, I will just stop. Like I already did a couple times in the past. Not sure why that seems to be so complicated for a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorimar View Post
    endless and neverending (which is what he actually said) are 2 different things
    endless and neverending are actually the same effing thing
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    No insult, but I find this attitude a bit weird. Like this "last chance" deal, like they're a boyfriend/girlfriend who has been shitty, not a business who makes games.

You're not in a relationship with them. If they make some game in four or six years that is, by all reviews, really cool, are you really going to ignore it because they "had their last chance", like you would with an ex-BF or something? If you would, that seems ridiculous, and if you wouldn't, why say "last chance"?

Honestly, if SL sucks, I won't, for example, ignore Diablo IV. Sure I won't pre-order it or anything, but I'll be waiting on reviews. If they're really positive, because I'm an ARPG fan, I'm probably going to pick it up. Seems like I'd be cutting off my nose to spite my face if I didn't.
    You can have a relationship to something that doesn't have to be intimate, you know? As I mentioned, I grew up with Blizzard and their games, I met my first and best friends through it during clubs after school, we would play WC3 custom maps all day or level diablo characters and eventually shift to WoW. I do not view Blizzard as a "Boy/girlfriend," I do however know that Blizzard and their games, heavily influenced me as a person growing up, through the stories they told, the bonding of my friends through their games, and the many, many, many people I've met throughout the years through them.

I have a personal connection towards them, which is not reciprocated, which is obvious, because they're a company, and I'm a customer, so of course it's one sided, but that is not the point. The reason why I'm talking about "Last chances" is because I feel like the company (And their games) simply doesn't live up to the ideals and experiences they used to, which I expect. Their general treatment of customers, their games and even their own workforce, is disheartening. I do not wish to beat dead horses, you can find the examples yourself.

If they make a great game in the future, then that's good for them, but I'll be spending my money elsewhere, on companies I can respect, and who shows more stability in their effort and creativity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    I find this funny. Blizzard has never went the way of the cash grab and to say otherwise, means you haven't been paying attention.
    90% of other MMOs have microtransactions for almost all cosmetic parts of the game and some are even PTWin. Blizzard has online store where it sells mounts/pets and character services.
    Recently they retired one paid service and are giving it to players as part of Shadowlands.
    By delaying Shadowlands, they have hurt their bottom line. They did this to insure the quality of the game is there.
    So, please tell me again how Blizzard does things as a Cash Grab.

Dont get me wrong, if there were another game out there I would bounce. I have no loyalty to Blizzard other than that I like WoW. I play whatever game I find enjoyable. I hoping New World or Pantheon are decent.
    You're correct, WoW's store is not microtransactions, it's macrotransactions. You pay the same, if not more money to boost a single character, than buying the game. Faction / server change costs a ton. Final Fantasy XIV's store offers the same services, for almost 1/4'th the price. Faction / race change especially is aggreivious, considering how lackluster the customization in the game is (yes even with the added customizations of SL, which is laughable in certain cases; tauren, worgen, draenei, goblin, gnome, panda.)

Don't forget what they tried to pull with Diablo 3; the auction house. Lootboxes in Overwatch. Skins in Heroes of the Storm. They're also trying so hard to find an endless grind for players, that they're completely neglecting the core gameplay, just to make players play forever.

MoP is the benchmark, its the type of expansion that will make me unsub. So if it's better than that, i'll play, if it's as good as Legion then i'll play with great frequency (as time permits).
    Last edited by tommyhil622; 2020-10-19 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Because no one can have a different opinion about what is or isn't fun then you right?
    ehm.. yes, you can?

If its worth my time I will play, if its not I won't. Is this some sort of cosmic revelation?
    actually, yes. otherwise i wouldnt have said what i said.

People are able to not play the game and do something else with their life. I know, its shocking.
    yet they dont, hence why i said 40% of people are keeping the problems alive. imagine thinking problems will get solved while paying the ones who cause the problems. it wont happen. i know, its shocking

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spalernTJ View Post
    You can have a relationship to something that doesn't have to be intimate, you know? As I mentioned, I grew up with Blizzard and their games, I met my first and best friends through it during clubs after school, we would play WC3 custom maps all day or level diablo characters and eventually shift to WoW. I do not view Blizzard as a "Boy/girlfriend," I do however know that Blizzard and their games, heavily influenced me as a person growing up, through the stories they told, the bonding of my friends through their games, and the many, many, many people I've met throughout the years through them.

I have a personal connection towards them, which is not reciprocated, which is obvious, because they're a company, and I'm a customer, so of course it's one sided, but that is not the point. The reason why I'm talking about "Last chances" is because I feel like the company (And their games) simply doesn't live up to the ideals and experiences they used to, which I expect. Their general treatment of customers, their games and even their own workforce, is disheartening. I do not wish to beat dead horses, you can find the examples yourself.

If they make a great game in the future, then that's good for them, but I'll be spending my money elsewhere, on companies I can respect, and who shows more stability in their effort and creativity.
    Seems pretty wild to me, I have to say. I've literally never viewed any business that way, and for my money (and this is opinion, not fact), it's unhealthy to view a business that way. I'd never skip a good game just because a company also made bad ones. Just seems completely perverse. I would avoid pre-ordering from any company that was unreliable like that of course.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

If SL sucks i will make a poll on mmoc to ask how to proceed with my life play wow or not?

Same thing I said when this was asked in previous xpacs:
    If I don’t like it, I won’t play it. I will use my time to do other things.

15+ Year Old Account
    You're correct, WoW's store is not microtransactions, it's macrotransactions. You pay the same, if not more money to boost a single character, than buying the game. Faction / server change costs a ton. Final Fantasy XIV's store offers the same services, for almost 1/4'th the price. Faction / race change especially is aggreivious, considering how lackluster the customization in the game is (yes even with the added customizations of SL, which is laughable in certain cases; tauren, worgen, draenei, goblin, gnome, panda.)

Don't forget what they tried to pull with Diablo 3; the auction house. Lootboxes in Overwatch. Skins in Heroes of the Storm. They're also trying so hard to find an endless grind for players, that they're completely neglecting the core gameplay, just to make players play forever.
    I'm not sure you and I are playing the same game. They have sped up leveling so much that buying a boost is only for the truly lazy players. On the same note, the endless grind as you say, is what? leveling, questing, gearing? To me thats part of the fun of the game. Grinding infers wasting time, if you don't wanna waste time, then dont play. As for the other games and things they have done, could care less. Not my circus, not my monkeys

I think race changes, faction changes should be expensive. Its keeps people from doing things on a wim.. Oh I cant find a group on this server, lets move. If you are moving for a good reason, then you wont mind paying.

You seem to have a lot of issues with WoW and Blizzard, lackluster, endless grinding,services cost to much and so on.. So tell me again, why are you still playing?
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    I'm not sure you and I are playing the same game. They have sped up leveling so much that buying a boost is only for the truly lazy players. On the same note, the endless grind as you say, is what? leveling, questing, gearing? To me thats part of the fun of the game. Grinding infers wasting time, if you don't wanna waste time, then dont play. As for the other games and things they have done, could care less. Not my circus, not my monkeys

I think race changes, faction changes should be expensive. Its keeps people from doing things on a wim.. Oh I cant find a group on this server, lets move. If you are moving for a good reason, then you wont mind paying.

You seem to have a lot of issues with WoW and Blizzard, lackluster, endless grinding,services cost to much and so on.. So tell me again, why are you still playing?
    Character boost has been expensive since it was introduced back in Warlords of Draenor, up till now. Please do not brush it off with "Oh but leveling is so fast now." When leveling has been a huge chore, until 5 days ago. And endless grinds, I don't know... Maybe Artifact power in Legion and Heart of Azeroth in BFA were just fever dreams... I guess you're right, there was no infinite grind, ever. I'm sorry, I was wrong, blizzard is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    endless and neverending are actually the same effing thing
    no they are not. endless is a related term of never-ending. as adjectives the difference between endless and neverending is that endless is having no end while neverending is.

Do what I've done since 2006. I'll play long as I enjoy it and once I don't I'll play something else til the next expansion or something interesting is added to the game. Eventually someone will release another MMORPG that fills the niche for me and I'll quit WoW for good, but for now it's the status quo.

Because no one can have a different opinion about what is or isn't fun then you right?

If its worth my time I will play, if its not I won't. Is this some sort of cosmic revelation?
    People are able to not play the game and do something else with their life. I know, its shocking.
    friendo, im all for differing opinions and all, but isnt this thread about "what would you do IF shadowlands sucks" which would mean be bad in your eyes, i would assume.

if that were the case and thats what this thread is about, yet people kept playing despite it sucking to them, i can see that as a problem. at the same time it could still be their favorite game even if they find that it sucks, depending on the degree of suck.

though i cant help but feel this thread is a bit biased. wheres our "what will you do if shadowlands is awesome" thread? someone always makes a polar opposite thread to counter these types.
    Last edited by Sevarin; 2020-10-19 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    The more people realise wow is a game and its supposed to be fun, the better. Sure, some grind is required and doing boring stuff from time to time, but theres a limit. Honestly, most of us should spend less time writing on these forums, complainig about the game, and rather just unsub when not happy :P
    I know, it's almost as if they choose to ignore the playerbase entirely .

"We're tired of the Artifact Power grind, Blizzard!"

"We heard you, so here's the new expansion with Azerite Power which is totally not Artifact Power! You're all welcome!"

Play,take break,play,take break and then play until new expansion.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Same thing I've done every expansion since WoD.

Quit until the next expansion inevitably suckers me in again.

New this time is "Quit" includes playing Classic.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

15+ Year Old Account
    Character boost has been expensive since it was introduced back in Warlords of Draenor, up till now. Please do not brush it off with "Oh but leveling is so fast now." When leveling has been a huge chore, until 5 days ago. And endless grinds, I don't know... Maybe Artifact power in Legion and Heart of Azeroth in BFA were just fever dreams... I guess you're right, there was no infinite grind, ever. I'm sorry, I was wrong, blizzard is perfect.
    We all have opinions. Be sarcastic if it helps you get by, its all good

Every game on the market today and in the past has limited content. That being said, every facet of the game is an infinite grind. Thinking otherwise is just being stupid. You grind to get gear to do dungeons, you grind dungeons to get gear to do Raids, you grind raids to get gear to do Mythic Raids. Nothing new here. It seems like your personal view on the game has changed. You seem unhappy with the game, so stop playing find a game you dont have to grind in. Oh wait, ya thats right, there isnt one. I hear hello kitty if pretty straight forward.

As for character boost being expensive, I guess it is for some people but not so much for others.
    Being lazy has a cost associated with it or so it seems. To lazy to level a toon, its gonna cost you.

You need to figure out the root cause of your anger. I dont think its just the game.

Good luck though.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

There is one more option :wait for tbc servers to come

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I mean I am not going to play Shadowlands at all at this point. I will keep playing Classic and hopefully TBC when they release that