Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    "I'm not to blame for using the n-word, the guy who EXPOSED me for using the n-word is to blame!"

Tonight at 8: how to live in a world of delusions with zero personal responsibility for your actions.

Also love the whole "yeah I use racial slurs but I'm not a racist" thing. What's next, "yeah I rob banks but I'm not a bank robber"?

EDIT: also, it doesn't matter if YOU consider YOURSELF to be a racist or not; what matters is what your words and action say about you. THAT is what makes you a racist or not a racist, because anything else is inaccessible to anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Oishi View Post
    Yeah true, it's ok to use words that people yelled at people when they beat the shit out of them and killed them historically IRL when you're losing to them in videogames.
    So you say they say "fucking gay dude yada yada yada" only when they Lose against a gay dude? Sure.

Dude those are words you Pick up from music or Films and then it can happen that you have them in your wording for some time just because you got influenced by some other source and after a while there will be another word that takes this place.

What i'm trying to say is: they dont use the n wird because they are facing ziqo, they will use it no matter who they face. They will even use it when they face me in Arenas and i'm just a "White boy" AND i wont even hear it since they are not in voice with me. So why the fuck should it bother me?

Quote Originally Posted by crazyswayzee View Post
    Beaides isnt it illegal to rexord ppl against their will? So these Videos may not be right view as proof.

In some places, but not many. In the United States especially, generally it's OK to record as long as SOMEONE in the recording gives consent. I only know of a few instances where all parties in the recording must consent. This only applies to things you would normally deem private; so recording ANYTHING in a public place (Where there is no expectation of privacy) is almost always OK, even if no one consents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    I'm sorry but no, I don't have any interest in dropping n bombs during anything. I curse like crazy and am very far from some one who tries to be PC. Its just never been a word i use out of frustration or as an insult in private or public. If you use the n-word as an insult you should probably double check if you are relating that to race being the insult cause it has a strong connection especially in the US.
    These players were EU btw. I bet EU people say the n-word just as much if not more than NA people. Immature people like using edgy words that society has determined are the most naughty. News at 11. I bet most people don't even use the n-word intentionally as a racist insult, but just because it's the most edgiest word you can use.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oishi View Post
    The best part about this thread, is either the edgy "just an insult" people are going to eventually learn and regret defending this, or get isolated by people in their social circle as they get older and move on with their lives, while getting more angry and blaming everyone else.

Doing something in the past is only (barely) justification if you haven't been made aware it might be an issue.
    Yeah, there's a good deal of folks not even trying to put the least bit of thinking into this. "I only use the n-word as a general insult". Well no shit dude, that means you're implying being black is bad. If you can't see how that's a racist act even if you don't "mean it that way", then you're either too dumb to apply basic logic or too immature to move beyond knee-jerk defensiveness of your own actions.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for this opinion. I literally said the same to my friends and we All agreed. F****** cancel culture where everybody is whines about everything.

Beaides isnt it illegal to rexord ppl against their will? So these Videos may not be right view as proof.

- - - Updated - - -

In germany it isnt viewed this in my opinion. I only know a few Black people which i'm cool with and out of respect i would never ever say this to anyone who might find this offensive. But what i say out of shit talking (not even serious) when i have my crazy minutes with my boys can be something like that.

I would never consider myself a racist and never consider someone a racist that uses some dumb word, your actions and how you treat others will make you one.
    And here we have case-in-point for what I said above. Not even attempting to take the reasoning a step further, because that would be way too inconvenient.

- - - Updated - - -

So you say they say "fucking gay dude yada yada yada" only when they Lose against a gay dude? Sure.

Dude those are words you Pick up from music or Films and then it can happen that you have them in your wording for some time just because you got influenced by some other source and after a while there will be another word that takes this place.

What i'm trying to say is: they dont use the n wird because they are facing ziqo, they will use it no matter who they face. They will even use it when they face me in Arenas and i'm just a "White boy" AND i wont even hear it since they are not in voice with me. So why the fuck should it bother me?
    Man, just stop. You're twisting yourself into pretzels to defend behaviour you know isn't defensible.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    Yeah, there's a good deal of folks not even trying to put the least bit of thinking into this. "I only use the n-word as a general insult". Well no shit dude, that means you're implying being black is bad. If you can't see how that's a racist act even if you don't "mean it that way", then you're either too dumb to apply basic logic or too immature to move beyond knee-jerk defensiveness of your own actions.

- - - Updated - - -

And here we have case-in-point for what I said above. Not even attempting to take the reasoning a step further, because that would be way too inconvenient.
    When I say "fuck you man", I don't imply that I want to actually fuck you. Immature people just like to use edgy naughty words without actually meaning what the word means. In a CoD lobby for example do you really think some random person can tell you are black or whatever without seeing your skin?

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    "I'm not to blame for using the n-word, the guy who EXPOSED me for using the n-word is to blame!"
    I don't think that's the point, they essentially (at least according to them) got blackmailed to keep their mouths shut.

Obviously, they shouldn't say racist shit, but for fairness sake, blackmailing people also is most certainly not excuseable.

Bit of an overreaction, especially if this was recorded from a private chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Pvp is toxic, more news at 11. Doesn't make them racist snowflake you've probably dropped n word and fag as much as the rest of us. Welcome to the internet . If my private conversations amongst friends were recorded we would probably be in prison because of retards who take shit seriously.
    I haven't tho. My mom raised me better and I have more imagination and vocabulary than resort to racist slurs. Also grew up with multicultural group of friends so nah, try again.

Using "retard" as an insult is also not cool btw, my dude.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by apustus View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again; calling someone a nigger isn't and doesn't automatically make you racist.
    Actually it fucking does lol.

As much as people toss it around at one another, particularly blacks, I feel the word has lost its original meaning; and that's a good thing. I think intention and context are far more important to consider rather than the word itself. Blacks use it on one another with several different meanings behind it ranging from being synonymous with "brother" to "dumb motherfucker". My own black friends use it around me, a white guy, in similar context. One of them has spent years trying to get me to say it and its a running gag that I will start words with "ni-" and then say something else entirely. Maybe it's because we are best friends that it's acceptable. That being said, there are people who use it as a slur, though I've heard people using it to refer to someone who they view as an idiot regardless of skin color.

Are these guys racists? Idk. I suspect they're inconsiderate and don't put much thought into the word since it is used rather commonly on the internet along with a ton of other slurs. But if offensiveness is the problem here, then what kind of name-calling do we draw the line at?

God, we surely have the most fragile society in human history.

10+ Year Old Account
    i called people a lot of things when i am alone but never had the need to call someone the n-word. it just isn't in my textbook of insults because it is like burning out a picasso painting to cook a meal : both pointless and overboard.

at the same time, i have to watch them using the racial slur (considering they used it as an insult of some sort) before i make an opinion. why ? simple. because i saw a lot of people of color using the term '' white trash '' and got away with it. these insults may or may not be in the same league but feeds from the same source.

again, i don't have both of these terms in my book of insults (i liked this term, might use it more often) because both culturally (i am not a native) and historically, they don't mean anything to me. i know when and how they are used, but i will not be able to fully comprehend the real meaning behind these terms. i have to admit that i was a bit meeh about blm, then i watched this and changed my mind drastically : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeN_...NetflixIsAJoke

o.t : i couldn't decide if the bans are justified or not and i guess not my place to form a real opinion.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Another white boy downplaying how serious issue racism is, more news at 11.

It depends on where the recording is taking place and if you're trying to use it in a court case. If there are two-party consent laws in the countries the two are from, then they could, in theory, sue the person who leaked the recordings and claim they illegally recorded them and hold them liable for loss of income because they can't compete in the WoW Arena if and only if the recordings were taken without their knowledge. But the recordings of their voices WERE NOT taken without their knowledge. Both admit that they recorded the streams themselves to watch the playback. The question then becomes who did they give access to the streams?

They would have to prove that the person who leaked these recordings accessed them through malicious means or with malicious intent. If they allowed them to be accessed without any kind of NDA or controls (log-in / password) then they have no leg to stand on. And the case would be a civil case at best, not a criminal one.

None of that would change the fact that Activision-Blizzard can choose to ban them, permanently or otherwise, for the language they used because they do not want them to be perceived as ambassadors or influencers of WoW eSports.

The videos are proof that they said what they said. Their apologies are proof they said what they said. Just because the person who got the recordings used them to expose them doesn't make them "not true" or illegally obtained.

Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    Another white boy downplaying how serious issue racism is, more news at 11.
    I'm hispanic.

Notice how the focus is shifting towards how the vods were obtained and the possible legality of it?

Disgraceful.

Personally there's not much I can say. Blizzard has all the right to do it, but I do find it funny how crazy people get over mouth sounds and how they salivate at the opportunity to show their superior virtue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Not wrong, really.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Do you actually believe that most people use the n-word when they're angry? Really? I've never heard someone who I didn't already consider a little bit racist use the n-word in real life.
    well the thing is,its just human nature when insulting someone to use words that would hurt the most,i know this may sound weird,but its true,not everyone that uses homophobic or racial slurs are actualy racists for example,they just use them because they know those words have a strong affect...for example people that use the C insult arent all woman haters or something lol,or people who use dick as an insult dont all hate men etc

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Do you actually believe that most people use the n-word when they're angry? Really? I've never heard someone who I didn't already consider a little bit racist use the n-word in real life.
    Anger isnt rational or thought out. If I call someone a cocksucking redneck who fucks sheep does that mean I hate gay people/rural white people or think the person is into bestiality or that I am? Or does me calling someone a dumb bitch doesn't mean I hate women? No it just means I'm saying something that I think will piss them off.

Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    The level of mental gymnastics in here is blowing my mind.
    Care to explain?
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2020-10-19 at 08:19 PM.

Perma ban seems excessive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.