Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Okay but what I'm saying is if you have values and other people don't then you should spread your correct values through consensual interactions instead of using coercion and violence.
    I appreciate your feedback in this thread, but you're pretty slick in avoiding questions that might stump you. See post #87, which you glossed over.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeyjakey View Post
    I appreciate your feedback in this thread, but you're pretty slick in avoiding questions that might stump you. See post #87, which you glossed over.
    lol that's because when you added the time-constraint and the "giant vs tiny people" idea I wasn't sure about whether or not that was a scenario that could only exist in a sci-fi hypothetical or if it could relate to a real world scenario on Earth. I doubt that it can relate to a real world scenario but I also don't 100% discount it either. I definently enjoy your creativity in coming up with crazy scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Okay but what I'm saying is if you have values and other people don't then you should spread your correct values through consensual interactions instead of using coercion and violence.
    I can and do. The problem is that the people who have less wherewithal to actually argue their points tend to resort to either sabotaging the conversation, or outright violence. It's why you have people like @Saucexorzski advocting for synagogues being shot up because he's unable to refute any of my points.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Yeah, I think it would warp my way of thinking and in the end consume me

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    I can and do. The problem is that the people who have less wherewithal to actually argue their points tend to resort to either sabotaging the conversation, or outright violence. It's why you have people like @Saucexorzski advocting for synagogues being shot up because he's unable to refute any of my points.
    You points have been lies, your proof has been lies. I repeat i am not your slave Zython, i will not go out and murder folks you claim are evil under the logic that if i dont i want you dead for your religious beliefs. I have never argued for nor have i endorsed the killing of any human based on religious reasons.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I never really liked the "absolute power corrupts absolutely" quote. It's entirely possible for someone to be given absolute power and not be a dick about it. Not entirely likely, but possible.
    It's probably more apt to say absolutely corrupt people are more likely to seek absolute power; hence, why most people with absolute power are corrupt.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    You points have been lies, your proof has been lies. I repeat i am not your slave Zython, i will not go out and murder folks you claim are evil under the logic that if i dont i want you dead for your religious beliefs. I have never argued for nor have i endorsed the killing of any human based on religious reasons.
    See, @PC2? This is the kind of shit I have to deal with when I try to reason with certain people. How do you expect me, or anyone, to be able to spread my values to people like this?
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

See, @PC2? This is the kind of shit I have to deal with when I try to reason with certain people. How do you expect me, or anyone, to be able to spread my values to people like this?
    Your point was that all pro 2A folks should go to religious houses of worship armed to the teeth and kill anyone you claimed was evil. Mine was, that you are welcome to do so yourself. To which you have claimed:

You said Jews had no right to self-defense.
    Well, yeah. Wouldn’t want you running around murdering me and my family.
    It's why you have people like @Saucexorzski advocting for synagogues being shot up because he's unable to refute any of my points
    There is nothing to discuss with you that hold value at this point.

so again i reiterate Zython. I am not your slave. I will not murder folks for you.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

I don't think so. I wouldn't have any interest in an alien civilization of tiny people. If we're talking about ruling the world, I would have some unpopular policies, but not anything created out of malice. I'm generally a big softy, but I don't have any tolerance for cruelty so that's where any authoritarian tendencies would emerge.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Some might call it corruption, I would call it bringing justice. Id flick that guy who tried to murder someone off the planet in the OPs scenario. I'm big enough to see it happen.

No i would not be

Quote Originally Posted by Cloe View Post
    No i would not be
    Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
    Sure but you could always choose to never use your power over other people. It can't corrupt you if you're never willing to use it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No, because I am already corrupt and have been for a long time, absolute power wouldn't change me
    I'd go with this as well. At best I curb my worst impulses but I know that there is a well of darkness within me that only needs resources and opportunity to flourish.

That being said could I use power and resources for other peoples benefit? More than likely, however there would be those that would not benefit from my exercise of power.

To the first group I would be good and to the latter group I would be evil.

Who is right?
    The Right isn't universally bad. The Left isn't universally good. The Left isn't universally bad. The Right isn't universally good. Legal doesn't equal moral. Moral doesn't equal legal. Illegal doesn't equal immoral. Immoral doesn't equal illegal.

Have a nice day.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd spend all day recreating the potato chip scene from Death Note.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

Has there ever been a person in history that was not corrupted, not even a little bit, by having power?

I'd probably be worse than hitler. With absolute power I'd force humanity on to my essential "golden path" ala Dune. And force them to proceed. Starting with eliminating all world governments (ie making 1 government for the world as opposed to the 800 or so we currently have) and making a single language the spoken one worldwide.

We will be a type 2 civilization if it killed me Regardless of how many bodies it took to get there