10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryctos View Post
    He called Burisma Burmisa , then clained that was the proper Ukrainian pronunciation.
    As a Ukrainian, burmisa is an uncommon sound... As an example, Burma is pronounced Beerma...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Ted Cruz introduces Constitutional Amendment to block SCOTUS packing.

"Obviously I don't have a problem with blocking Democrat nominees," Cruz didn't say but should have, "but I won't let the size of the court be changed while I have the ability to field an Amendment with a negative 25% chance of passing".
    I seriously doubt Ted "Trump-said-my-dad-killed-JFK-but-I-still-campaigned-for-him" Cruz even knows what it takes to pass an Amendment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Team Trump goes all in oin TV ads, spending $55 million (that's got to be almost all of it) on the final two weeks.

The campaign and the RNC will jointly target Arizona, Iowa, Wisconsin, North Carolina, and Michigan — all considered critical swing states. RNC chair Ronna McDaniel told reporters on a Monday call that one ad would target Joe Biden's health care plan.
    Interesting choice, to target Biden's health care plan. You know, the ACA? The one that protects pre-existing conditions? While Trump doesn't have one at all.

I didn't see Ohio, Texas or Florida in that list. Interesting choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I seriously doubt Ted "Trump-said-my-dad-killed-JFK-but-I-still-campaigned-for-him" Cruz even knows what it takes to pass an Amendment.
    Oh, I'm sure he does. He just doesn't care. This is just Cruz posing for his audience, pretending he still got it.

By the way, remember when Trump promised to push a Constitutional Amendment in his first 100 days? Remember that, from the Contract with the American Voter? Remember when he promised that? Cruz is now beating Trump by 1-0, also known as "eleventy billion percent".

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    As a Ukrainian, burmisa is an uncommon sound... As an example, Burma is pronounced Beerma...
    Burma now thats a term/word i haven't seen in a while. Not since my grandads last war story.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1318039274344882176

Donnie Jr, in bed, wants to know why his posts aren't going viral. Probably because a 15 second video of a rich kid complaining that people don't like him while laying in bed isn't the most compelling content. And/or that some of his posts are being hidden for misinformation. That too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Burma now thats a term/word i haven't seen in a while. Not since my grandads last war story.
    It’s the only word I could think of, with that sound.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    GOP senators voice fears of a painful Trump defeat

Well, y'all backed him.

Republican senators are increasingly voicing fears that President Donald Trump could lose the election, and some are openly fretting that he’ll turn the party's candidates into electoral roadkill, distancing themselves from him to an unusual extent.

A weekend of agonizing from Republicans did not yield any perceivable course correction from Trump as he continued his inflammatory rhetoric on the campaign trail and directed some of his fire right back at anxious GOP senators on Twitter.

Pointed warnings of electoral defeat have come in recent days from Sens. Ben Sasse of Nebraska, Ted Cruz of Texas and Lindsey Graham of South Carolina. All are former Trump critics turned allies who reliably vote with the president.

“I’m worried that if President Trump loses — as looks likely — that he’s going to take the Senate down with him,” Sasse said in a conference call with constituents last week, according to a recording first reported on Thursday by the Washington Examiner. “I’m now looking at the possibility of a Republican bloodbath in the Senate.
    I assume he means figuratively.

The elevated fears come as Democrat Joe Biden leads Trump by more than 9 points
    Or, as we call it in the industry, "ten points".

in the NBC News national polling average, and as some forecasters say Democrats are likely to secure control of Congress. The grim GOP outlook follows Trump’s widely criticized debate showing, hospitalization for Covid and a failure to secure an economic stimulus package.

“I hope that they're having a moment of moral clarity. I think they're realizing that the Trump show is almost over,” said Olivia Troye, a former homeland security adviser to Vice President Mike Pence who served on the White House coronavirus task force. “They have ridden the Trump wave long enough. But I think it's no longer helpful to do that for them.”

Troye, a longtime Republican, says she plans to vote for Biden and Democrats down the ballot this fall. “There needs to be a significant change,” she said, and insisted that Sasse represents the misgivings of many party elites who are afraid to speak up.

At the Supreme Court hearing last Thursday for Judge Amy Coney Barrett, Graham, chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee and a Trump golfing partner who is in a close re-election battle himself, told Democrats, “Y’all have a good chance of winning the White House.”
    "Surely this is just panick."

Liam Donovan, a lobbyist and former Republican operative, said the remarks “strike me less as panic and more as resignation setting in.”

“Even then only Sasse has been critical of the president. Cruz is essentially pre-spinning the loss and laying the blame with Democrats,” he said. “Both suggest the writing is on the wall, but otherwise very different tacks.”
    Holding the Senate will be tougher as Trump attacks his own people. Well, no, attacks Republicans. Simply put, allying yourself with an adulterous lying thief who failed every promise he didn't break intentionally, who has been taking goverment and election money for himself and then whining because he might have to answer questions about his own handling of the coronavirus WITHOUT SHOUTING OUT OF TURN, hasn't been working. And the Party of Trump is too far out at sea to be picked up by another ship.

I've been saying, they have no choice. The Party of Trump made me correct. They chose not to look at other options. Their party message is really just "whatever Trump wants".

Leaders make results. Losers make excuses. Breccia makes red beans and rice because it's Monday.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Sorry, Arizona, Trump the superspreader is in your state now talking about his Quid Pro Quo again. Mask up and avoid the MAGA crowd.
    Yep, here it is from another source.

“All I have to do is call up the head of every Wall Street firm, head of every major company, the head of every major energy company, ‘Do me a favor, send me $10 million for my campaign.’ ‘Yes, sir.’ They say the only thing is, ‘Why didn't you ask for more, sir?’” Trump said at a campaign stop in Arizona, adding that he would not accept the funds “because if I do that I'm totally compromised.”
    Why brag about being able to do something that's illegal? Especially when you're under investigation?

Well, y'all backed him.
    Something about dogs, fleas and laying down.

Too late now mfer's. NO LIFEBOATS

5+ Year Old Account
    Did COVID damage his brain to the point he is unconsciously telling the truth in between his lies?

Or is it the drugs he is still on?

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    The last time I heard Burma:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Did COVID damage his brain to the point he is unconsciously telling the truth in between his lies?

Or is the drugs he is still on?
    Given the evidence of the past few years, how could we possibly tell?

10+ Year Old Account
    GOP senators voice fears of a painful Trump defeat

Well, y'all backed him.

I assume he means figuratively.

Or, as we call it in the industry, "ten points".

"Surely this is just panick."

Holding the Senate will be tougher as Trump attacks his own people. Well, no, attacks Republicans. Simply put, allying yourself with an adulterous lying thief who failed every promise he didn't break intentionally, who has been taking goverment and election money for himself and then whining because he might have to answer questions about his own handling of the coronavirus WITHOUT SHOUTING OUT OF TURN, hasn't been working. And the Party of Trump is too far out at sea to be picked up by another ship.

I've been saying, they have no choice. The Party of Trump made me correct. They chose not to look at other options. Their party message is really just "whatever Trump wants".

Leaders make results. Losers make excuses. Breccia makes red beans and rice because it's Monday.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, here it is from another source.

Why brag about being able to do something that's illegal? Especially when you're under investigation?
    Very few people have deserved what’s coming to them more than the GOP following a Biden victory.

Sell your soul to the devil, get burned. Simple as that.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I think it's rather revealing thst "someone" is under investigation for cooking up red beans and rice on Monday...and bragging about it.

Well...it's not Taco Tuesday...so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Something about dogs, fleas and laying down.

Too late now mfer's. NO LIFEBOATS
    Sink the lifeboats!

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

."I call the head of Exxon. I'll use a company. 'How, how are you doing, how's energy coming? When are doing the exploration? Oh, you need a couple of permits, huh?' But I call the head of Exxon, I say, 'you know, I'd love you to send me $25m for the campaign'" - Trump #QuidProQuo https://t.co/Tr1ccpyMzw
    https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1...762934272?s=19

Trump admitting he will give permits for political donations.

Oh calm down. Another Trump Derangement Syndrome.

.We are aware of the President’s statement regarding a hypothetical call with our CEO…and just so we’re all clear, it never happened.
    https://twitter.com/exxonmobil/statu...146141701?s=19

A statement from ExxonMobil.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    At least it's not another country saying that Trump made up a discussion with a world leader : |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Sink the lifeboats!
    Given the position of the sun and the moon, I'd say they're at the bottom of the ocean. I bit lots of holes in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    At least it's not another country saying that Trump made up a discussion with a world leader : |
    How awful can someone be that he makes fucking Exxon-Mobil look like the good guys/the sane guys?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

57,327 new cases; over 11k more than last Monday. As near as I can tell the Wisconsin numbers missing from the past couple days were distributed over all three (Saturday/Sunday/Monday) so they do not account for the huge jump today.

Texas: 4,214 new cases; 17 deaths
    California: 3,893 new cases; 22 deaths
    Wisconsin: 3,777 new cases; 12 deaths
    Tennessee: 3,317 new cases (new record); 13 deaths
    Illinois: 3,113 new cases; 22 deaths
    Michigan: 2,096 new cases; 16 deaths
    Kansas: 2,084 new cases (new record); 12 deaths
    Ohio: 1,874 new cases; 8 deaths
    Fuck Florida.
    Pennsylvania: 1,637 new cases; 8 deaths
    Minnesota: 1,627 new cases; 5 deaths
    Indiana: 1,584 new cases; 23 deaths
    New Jersey: 1,302 new cases; 3 deaths
    New York: 1,221 new cases; 20 deaths
    Connecticut: 1,191 new cases; 12 deaths
    Missouri: 1,179 new cases; 2 deaths
    Utah: 1,168 new cases; 3 deaths
    North Carolina: 1,144 new cases; 5 deaths
    Colorado: 1,072 new cases; 4 deaths

This is the highest total on a Monday we've had since the end of July when we were coming down off the peak of around 78k. I'm not looking forward to how this week is going to look, to be honest. Looking at the trends from the past week and not reading very much about actions taken for the worst states affected (dipshit governor Kristi Noem is taking the "higher numbers because more testing!" route) it doesn't look like we're close to peaking for this wave. There's a good chance we'll be reaching 70k by the end of the week. Expect more records in the next few days.

442 deaths is once again over 100 more than last Monday. Not a good trend. The national total is now 225,222. 18 states hit double digits on this low-report day. Florida once again lead the way.

Related news:

A Woman In Her 30s Died From COVID-19 On a Flight--For FUCK'S sake, Texas. This actually happened back in July but they only RECENTLY found out that she died of COVID-19.
    Trump is 'sitting' on $9 billion earmarked for COVID-19 testing because of a controversial advisor--Trump isn't done killing Americans.
    'Uncontrolled Spread' of COVID in Majority of U.S. States--Something we already figured out, but it's confirmed.

Stay safe, folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    It's going to be harder and harder to maintain that narrative if the deaths start going up.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's going to be harder and harder to maintain that narrative if the deaths start going up.
    Do you really think Trumphadi cultists are going to let things like facts get in the way of their bullshit narratives? Truthiness is more important to them than what is actually true because the truth is bad for them.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers