Poll: What will you do if Shadowlands sucks?

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Already unsubbed. WOD didn't manage to discourage me from playing, but BFA did. So far Shadowlands didn't convince me to come back. I'll wait and see but it has to be mighty good to make me resub.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah, I agree to that. As long as i am enjoying it and getting value for money - it is fine with me.

Strange though that we get labelled as sheep or sucking up to Blizzard and being a white knight, but if you complain and still pay, you are "passionate" about the product
    Meh, i dont care what label some internet clown puts on me - its my money, my time, and if i want to spend it playing WoW, even though i consider SL to be less enjoyable than XYZ expansion, thats up to me. If people want to call me a "white knight" for spending money on something i enjoy, thats a them problem, not a me problem.

Personally, i do think its a pretty obvious sign of addiction when someone openly says "i hate everything about this expansion and dont enjoy it at all, and here are my 350 reasons WHY it sux" while still paying $15 a month, but again, its not my life, its not my money.

Make the best of it just like I did for BfA and WoD, and any other time in the game I didn't like. i just did other stuff. if raiding sucks, I'll PvP more, if PvP sucks, I'll work on Achievements, etc. The real thing is people. If I have good friends to playw ith, even the worst expansion can be fun, which is what WoD was for me. I had a great guild to raid with and enjoyed my time in WoD a lot.

My guild got Curve March I think, killed a few bosses mythic, but people got bored, so this has been the worst expansion ever for me, nothing interesting todo for 8 months, if next expansion gonna be this bad I will sadly uninstall wow and call it a day, been playing since day 1 EU release too.
    Last edited by Dorfadin; 2020-10-19 at 10:24 PM.

Go outside? Jokes, my government will arrest me for it

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Leonard View Post
    If? I guess now we know, yes, it sucks bad.
    I've been playing since vanilla, and this is so bad, idk yet. I hope it really hits Blizzard in their bank account.
    They should look up the word "expansion", because all they do is amputate.
    I wish we would get a clean expansion one time. Keep what we have earned, and EXPAND.
    They ALWAYS have to take away what works, and kick people in the head.
    Shadowlands so far is the worst I have seen, and I may quit.
    I've really had it with them doing this to us, and we're paying for it.
    The last expansions were bad. They would take away your hard earned and paid for flying, laugh at you, and say, "no you have to grind for weeks to earn back what you already had". So, we grind, and don't even get to play any of the new content for a long time. And now, all of that grinding for Pathfinder II is free to new players. F me!
    They destroy your classes, and professions. I had to drop fully leveled professions, like LW and tailoring, because EVERYTHING was changed to BoP, and couldn't be mailed to alts, and was not usable on my toons that I leveled the profs on, specifically to craft for my alts.
    I quit the warlock, a class I played since vanilla, because they did a forced class change, and robbed our best abilities to give to Demon Hunters. It was a complete class change, and the warlock just wasn't fun after that one.
    I tried Shadow Priest, Shaman, and Hunter for a while, and I like them all, but really was getting into my hunter, only for this expansion to delete my favorite pet, after I leveled 2 hunters, Horde and Alliance. Now, my flying pet is gone(grounded), and there's no replacement.
    I have Engineering on about 7 toons, and they took away my most used item, the loot-a-rang. Now, I only have it on one toon. All of the others are completely disabled, and won't work again, unless I spend weeks (or more) grinding mats, or $1 million gold that I don't have to level Cata engineering to 70 on them all.
    Again, they remove what you already had. This is not an expansion. This is amputation.
    This stuff isn't even all of it, just the most frustrating right now.
    SWTOR time? Idk yet. Maybe... I've done it before...
    It's supposed to be fun, and my friends that I play with are all pretty pissed.
    Each day, it seems to be less crowded, so I am really wondering how their numbers are doing, but more important, will they finally listen??
    When so many people are leaving, and all of the guilds are falling apart, I hope they do.
    WE know? Last expansions were bad? Shadowlands is the WORST? ok dude. not over-exaggerating at all. just leave please.

Be happy that I can break free from my addiction for another expansion(though saying that I probably was away for less than 6 months in BFA even). Enjoy the free time, get active with my training again, maybe try to get a raise at work. It will be kinda sad though at the same time, because I know I'll be miserable with the state of gaming for another 2 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spalernTJ View Post
    Character boost has been expensive since it was introduced back in Warlords of Draenor, up till now. Please do not brush it off with "Oh but leveling is so fast now." When leveling has been a huge chore, until 5 days ago. And endless grinds, I don't know... Maybe Artifact power in Legion and Heart of Azeroth in BFA were just fever dreams... I guess you're right, there was no infinite grind, ever. I'm sorry, I was wrong, blizzard is perfect.
    If leveling is a huge chore to you then maybe WoW isn't the game for you. That's ok though, not every game is meant for everyone. You should go find a game that speaks to you and your interests. That being said leveling now is a joke.

If the expansion hits and i'm not having fun, i'll do something that should be pretty obvious: I'll stop playing and paying.
    I'm not having fun, so why should i keep forcing myself to play? It won't get magically better just because i force myself to play.

THe people that don't have fun and maybe even hate playing it, but still keep playing it, should maybe seek actual help. That's not healthy behaviour. Even if it's because of guild mates, you can still all exist and communicate outside of WoW

I will unsub, play Guild Wars 2 instead and come back for major patches.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I have a feeling that applies to quite a lot of ppl here....even those who voted that they will quit until next x-pac or quit altogether
    Well, I bitched internally. I didn't spam the forums about it.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    As above, I will play until I have all 24 toons to max level and then unsub. I will watch over my wife's shoulder now and then to gauge improvement of the game. She is a grinder with no limits and has not dropped her sub since launch of Vanilla. When the Youtubers and my wife tell me that the game is better, then I will give Blizzard more money and start playing again. In between those events, my anime count will increase a lot.

Stay safe and have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    If leveling is a huge chore to you then maybe WoW isn't the game for you. That's ok though, not every game is meant for everyone. You should go find a game that speaks to you and your interests. That being said leveling now is a joke.
    "Character boost has been expensive since it was introduced back in Warlords of Draenor, up till now"

You do not know anything of my experiences in WoW. If I found leveling from 1-120 for the 30'th time to be a chore, then I believe I am allowed to hold that opinion, no? Sure it's easy as piss now, but that doesn't change the fact that it was 60€ to boost a character, while the price for a new expansion is around 40-50$ for the base edition, from Warlords of Draenor, up till now.

If reading is hard for you, then maybe you shouldn't spend time on online forums (up till now.) See? I can also be rude for no reason.

It's ok, you can play something else.

If SL is a bad experience, I will get bored waiting for Ashes of Creation to materialize.
    Either way, SL is likely the last expansion I buy.
    I'll need serious convincing to carry on.

Well, none of the last 4 or 5 expansions have sucked - this one won't either.

I'll just enjoy playing the game as I have all of WoW.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

This is the first time (correct me if I am wrong) that Blizzard listened THIS much to the player base to help make an expansion. But players also gotta remember Shadowlands isn't 100% of what the player base said they wanted. Things like Covenants and Soulbinds were already in the expansion BEFORE they started getting advice from fans. So one can't truly say "they listened to fans and still made a shitty expansion". Maybe systems and things they put in the next expansion will be things fans asked for, the next expansion might be closer to 100% of what the fans asked for. That being said I will just play BC if Shadowlands sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Just to be clear here: Shadowlands will not be a new legion. You can clearly see that on the Beta servers. It might become a decent expansion, but it might as well fail even worse than BfA .
    But BFA was the best expansion though.

- - - Updated - - -

Since I enjoyed all expansions a lot, especially BFA, (because a I make my own opinions I guess), I will most likely like SL too.

Worst case scenario there will always be pet battles and fishing.

I only play for as long as i'm having fun.
    Properly executed and lively pvp can do that, just as a good world with lots of vontent can, but if neither is in the game i'll be off again as swiftly as i started.

And frankly i'm very on the fence about SL, the theme is pretty much a complete miss for me along with how everything post BoD in BfA played out. aI like the concept of craftable legendaries, the levelling squish and many other things, but have little hope for most endgame content (which is not to say that i have seen many negatives, just that i've seen too few positives in. comparison to what i think is needed).
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Do just what I did with BfA. I’ll quit ASAP, keep my eye on it and come back if they make it better. They didn’t with BfA so they only got one month out of me. I might even wait to buy the expansion at all at this point until I know for sure. I’m to the point where I’m done just preordering whatever they give us because they had too many chances to fix the game.