... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mexh View Post
    Tips for surviving Cancel Culture

- Always assume you’re being recorded
    - Use common sense
    - Don’t be sexist
    - Don’t be racist

It’s EZ

Or just be black and you can get away with most shit, if a white guy said what nick cannon has said,he would be fucking murdered, straight-up black supremacy, racism, anti-semitic.

Black athlete tweeting anti-semitic shit? no problem, just apology and it's ok. if a white athlete would tweet anti-semitic messages, you can bet your life that he would be suspended.
    Last edited by wladimir89; 2020-10-19 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Pvp is toxic, more news at 11. Doesn't make them racist snowflake you've probably dropped n word and fag as much as the rest of us. Welcome to the internet . If my private conversations amongst friends were recorded we would probably be in prison because of retards who take shit seriously.
    Sorry, but if you think folks are throwing the n-word around all willy nilly... just because you are... you're sadly mistaken. And the fact that in your private conversations you say it, but you won't say it publically, means you're a coward and a racist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who and who?

Quote Originally Posted by wladimir89 View Post
    Or just be black and you can get away with most shit, if a white guy said what nick cannon has said he would be fucking murdered, straight-up black supremacy, racism, anti-semitic.

Black athlete tweeting anti-semitic shit? no problem just apology and it's ok. if a white athlete would tweet anti-semitic messages you can bet your life that he would be suspended.
    There's no double standards there. Nick Cannon WAS FIRED for making anti-semitic remarks. Also news flash, you can and will find rotten individuals from all ethnicities, it's a human trait.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Pvp is toxic, more news at 11. Doesn't make them racist snowflake you've probably dropped n word and fag as much as the rest of us. Welcome to the internet . If my private conversations amongst friends were recorded we would probably be in prison because of retards who take shit seriously.
    This exactly. People need to get over "bad words". We all use them and by outraging every time someone says these words people give them even more power.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think people realize this but it's much more common than you'd think on EU servers. I'd have to ditch a majority of my friends if I ever wanted to stream. It hasn't really ever been part of my vocabulary (which I find strange rather than feeling thankful for) but I've grown so accustomed to it over the years I don't even flinch anymore. Ever been to Eastern Europe?

Regardless (not having seen the video) it's likely just words thrown into open air, as long as they're not used to actively abuse anyone I don't see the fuzz.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Yeah, I haven't said it since I was in middle school trying to look cool. IM 29 now.
    Same, stopped using those words when I grew up.

Quote Originally Posted by Denso View Post
    I don't think people realize this but it's much more common than you'd think on EU servers. I'd have to ditch a majority of my friends if I ever wanted to stream. It hasn't really ever been part of my vocabulary (which I find strange rather than feeling thankful for) but I've grown so accustomed to it over the years I don't even flinch anymore. Ever been to Eastern Europe?

Regardless (not having seen the video) it's likely just words thrown into open air, as long as they're not used to actively abuse anyone I don't see the fuzz.
    You should check the video. It was definately not "just words thrown into open air" nor should words like that ever be.

White people don't decide for black people if n-bomb is racist or not or downplay it.
    Men don't get to decide what's misogynistic or not.
    Healthy people don't decide what's ableist and what's not.

It's fucking easy.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    I'm black and I think its offensive but give them a chance to change... People make mistakes and indefinite ban is to far.
    Yeah an infinite ban is a bit too extreme, I think a 3 day one so they can maybe cool down would be better but YMMV
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Oishi View Post
    Wait we're all just making mouth sounds so why are you even here?

Edit: Tolerence of intolerance breeds more intolerance https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox_of_tolerance
    It's funny because that paradox is so clichéd yet doesn't really support the argument 90% of the people that use it nowadays make.

How do they justify banning them for something they said on Twitch and not in the game? Or did he whisper someone that? I know they can ban for any reason at all but did they do anything IN GAME?

Quote Originally Posted by Hablelol View Post
    How do they justify banning them for something they said on Twitch and not in the game? Or did he whisper someone that? I know they can ban for any reason at all but did they do anything IN GAME?
    I don't think they're banned from the game but competitions.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notJoyful View Post
    Saying the N-word isn't really racist in Sweden. Sorry.

We have an entierly different culture than what US have, surprise to no-one. Which is where the N-word makes the reason to make it racist.
    Considering Black Pete...... I call bullshit.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

There are people in the world who suffer deeply because of genuine racism and prejudice against them. I mean, after all, what kind of message are you trying to communicate while using racial slurs? You somehow at your weakest moment take your anger and correlate it with racial slur? It makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    in the past you'd just die in an honor duel without bitching and moaning about it.
    Thats what we did back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    So basically someone leaked some vods with some unsavory shit (dropping n-bombs) and Blizz banned the dudes.

Raikus statement: https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sreglf

"I said the n-word one time and one time a modified version of it), but that does not make me a racist." - Lol, stressed out and angry calling someone n-slur as an insult is pretty fucking textbook racist behaviour.

On the one hand, I'm disappointed since these lads have been on top of their game for so long and pretty much the best EU team there is, but on the other hand I'm glad that the deep seeped racism of the WoW scene gets pulled out in the open because no matter what people in denial say, our scene is disgustingly toxic and racist and people use alot of racial slurs like "jew" as insults to this day.

Also this is where he just shoots himself on the foot and soils his apology and turns the focus into playing the victim of some dirty scheme.
    On the one hand name-calling / insulting / etc. is hardly worthy of being called racism given what sort of real stuff is happening out there (thinking of how some cops effectively just execute black people, or jews getting targetted by yet another terror plot, or that disabled white dude a few black people tortured to death a few years ago, etcetera).
    On the other normalizing stuff can be how it starts, and given the way these guys try to weasel out from under it does make me suspect they're of the type that is prone to using weaker others as excuses for their own failings, which often precedes genuine racistic reasoning and sometimes acts.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaebryel Quintyne View Post
    There was this one incident in-game that happened in my guild chat like a few years ago (I am with the same guild for like 3 maybe 4 years now). I don't know word for word but this is what happened... It's kind of related to the OT:

What happened was that there was this new person who joined the guild... I don't know if the GM invited him or a friend invited them or even just a random from the trade chat or something lol. But anyway, I think it happened the same day he joined but basically he called something that happened to him in-game "gay", which was obviously apparent that the term was used to call whatever happened to him bad. I told him right away in guild chat that I would prefer that he not say the word "gay" in regards to something bad or use it in a bad connotation (I have been the victim of this type of name-calling all through my school years and it does take its toll on you mentally, even though they are just words... But a naive and non-mature mind of a teenager would not be able to reason that this name-calling should not be taken personally).

I believe then he said something to the effect that he can say whatever he wants whenever he feels like it and he, I think, admitted that he was indeed using the word "gay" to call something bad. I re-iterated to him that it is offensive and he should not use that in guild chat. And I think what next happened was a bit shocking to me at the time (I was really naïve and didn't know people like this exist everywhere). He said in the guild chat, that he is not going to be in guild anymore, especially where it is not allowed for him to say whatever he wants whenever he feels like it. He said this the same day he joined and then /gquit.

I was also kind of new to the guild, like maybe been in the guild for a few months, but I kind of thought that "I" said something wrong. I actually apologized to everyone in the guild chat right after for making him leave the guild because of what I said. Other people chimed in saying that I did nothing wrong and agreed with me that it was offensive and should not be said in that way in guild chat (or anywhere else for that matter). Also, the GM was online at the time so she did read everything that happened. She told me that I don't need to apologize for someone else who thinks that being offensive in whatever way he wants is acceptable behaviour. I still remember that my ears were burning at the time this whole event happened. I thought I was gonna get gkicked because maybe I might have made someone's friend in the guild who might be the GM's friend leave because of what I said lol. I was really fond of that guild at that time and still love the guild to this day so I definitely did not want to leave the guild or even get gkicked for something that would be considered actually my fault (Mind you I was at that time very naive to these supposed like everyday RL happenings). I personally don't like to make people feel offended or feel bad by what something I might have said and they take a sudden or abrupt reaction to it afterwards, or even to the people/bystanders present at the time to make them feel uncomfortable in any way in that kind of situation. Basically, I don't like to disappoint anyone or anyone's perspective they might have about me.

Sorry for the lengthy post lol. I just felt like what happened to me might be related to the OT . I realized that there do exist people who might have done something bad but they don't accept or feel any kind of remorse for what they might have done because they feel that their action was somehow justified/acceptable or not really something to be offended by.
    Much respect. I know I should have been better at calling out people behaving like this in my younger days but with age I find myself being someone who calls out unfairness and dumb behavior online. I mean I ain't no saint and can get upset myself but you keep it civil. I have been in a situation where a couple of guildies with did not want to do dungeons with another guildie of mine, and I got furious because that was just super unfair of them. And they came around and agreed that their behavior wasn't nice.

It got a bit better, but still to this day I remember it so well, because bringing up stuff like you did isn't always easy because it might affect your relationship with the other players, but I think its awesome when someone do that. So again, much respect.

hm his fake apology seals the deal
    cancel him
    just like the method guys theyd do these fake sort of corporate apoligies then to their friends theyd say " how lame is it we cant just say how we really think" if your gonna fight the system fight the system dont give in if you honestly believe what you were doing wasnt wrong, lose the money and be a martyr for your cause, i can tell he honestly really thinks using those words are totally fine and its such a hassle that "PC" blizzard is upset at him.

- - - Updated - - -

And id like to add on to that if you go to any private discord of any high end player its 100% full of pepe the frog racist memes and 8chan shitposts, 90% of them are really like that, they just have a persona on stream to be accepted into the corporate hiarchy, i rather have these people just admit how they really think then have the facade so people can choose for themselves, because i do really believe in freedom of association

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hablelol View Post
    I don't know if they did anything in-game, but I'm fairly certain they can ban you from competition for any reason they want as long it is regarding your conduct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wladimir89 View Post
    Or just be black and you can get away with most shit, if a white guy said what nick cannon has said,he would be fucking murdered, straight-up black supremacy, racism, anti-semitic.

Black athlete tweeting anti-semitic shit? no problem, just apology and it's ok. if a white athlete would tweet anti-semitic messages, you can bet your life that he would be suspended.
    The word/stupid ratio in your post is impressive for all the wrong reasons.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.