Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uthan View Post
    I'd be happy with them just making the defensive stance talent baseline, no need for more than that really.
    Was a smart move to make a proc->mindless CD & baseline -> talent ^^
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Was a smart move to make a proc->mindless CD & baseline -> talent ^^
    And when would Defensive Stance have been a proc in the history of the game, exactly?

Keyboard Turner
    3+ Year Old Account
    No, please no...I don't ever want to stance dance ever again!!!!

Kill it with fire!!!!
    Nuke it from orbit!!!!

I agree!

Especially now when we have gotten abilities back that's for "Defensive Stance" etc. Instead of having your UI flooded with abilities that you normally don't use as DPS i'd love to be able to switch stance.

Really like the Classic way warrior plays when it comes to that part!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    Stance dancing didn't take any finesse or make you skilled, stop kidding yourselves. QoL change to get rid of it imo and much rather have it this way.
    for reals, every stance dance i ever needed to do (which was rare) was macro'd and i never ever thought about it other than the loss of rage when i needed it most. Yeah, I didn't like it when I had it, don't want it back.

Dps warriors unironically feels way better to play in classic. Not so much because of stance dancing but rather that you actually have to manage your rage instead of just building and spending.

7+ Year Old Account
    Stance dance for some reason is interesing. But imo for a long term is pain in the ass. No tnx. I remember that day when stance dance was erased. I felt free and smile came into my face.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually would like stances to come back but I don't just want Battle, Defensive, and Berserker stance. I want stances that feel impactful where they could make a difference in combat like maybe sacrifice strength for more haste and critical strike and one that sacrifices haste for more strength and stamina.

I'd really like something like that. Then again I'm fine without them. Warriors are basically my favorite class to play now after they kinda ruined enhancement shamans for me so stances or no stances I'm still having fun with them.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2020-10-29 at 07:32 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Stance dancing was terrible and was not fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea stance dancing wasn't fun. The most fun I ever had playing my warrior was in Cataclysm when they killed stance dancing. Nothing pissed me off more in Wotlk when I had to interrupt someone in arena and had to switch to berserker or defensive stance w/ a shield.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    This. I don't know if it's an unpopular opinion or not, but as a longtime warrior main, I said good riddance when stance requirements went away.
    ^^this^^
    no thanks, been there done that <--- I'm sure its already been said here too (13 pages in, not gonna scan it all) the ONLY way i found Stance dancing even playable was after getting several good macros together, and even then....I actually cheered the day it was announced they were removing it and going with a more "baseline" approach.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm playing warrior pvp since TBC and yeah in tbc/wotlk times it was fun with stance-dancing, you could differentiate good warrior from trash by their rage management and stance dance, but atm many classes got simplified, gameplay got faster. I dont want to tie my legs only because its more challenging this way.

Quote Originally Posted by vexxan View Post
    Hi!

One of the most fun aspects of playing warrior in classic is (imho) swapping around between stances. This creates depth and you can enjoy the different aspects of being a warrior.

• Charge in and rend up your targets.
    • An incoming healer joining the fight? Berserker and intercept.
    • Oh, two rogues attacking? Better use my sword+board macro and swap to defensive.
    • The bastard rogue dodged? No worries. Back to battle stance.

Am I alone loving this and hoping it will return in Shadowlands (even tho it's not mentioned in the upcoming changes...)?

/vexxan
    You're not, i approve of the idea and have made suggestions to that end myself.

However i do understand why they removed them, as they were quite disruptive, as opposed to dynamic, in use. So any re-introduction would require them to rethink how they work in practice.

For one i'd advocate stance-locked abilities to immediately switch you to the required stance, so as to make the macros inbuilt rather than an additional step to scare off new players.

For two i'd advocate the stances themselves to have more influence on gameplay, as opposed to just having them influence plain stats a bit. Let them alter i.e. global cooldowns, rage generation, rage cost, more dramatic trade-offs in damage done vs. taken, etcetera; things that are genuinely noticable and affects our gameplay in pvp and pve.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

How has only one person in 13 pages mentioned Druids but mentioned them incorrectly?? Yes some abilities enable you to get into the form required e.g. "Dash" which puts you in cat form. However most other times Druids are forced to 'Stance Dance' or change forms to be able to access certain abilities, like as a resto druid, taking balance affinity, you can't cast Starsurge unless you are in boomkin form even though we are taking a talent to give us this spell.

We don't lose a resource like rage, but we do if we have gone into bear form as a healer and sat in it for a bit, it's just the relevance isn't there.

It's pretty clear cut that warriors are improved without having to stance dance. If you want it, go play a druid because that is literally what you have to do. It does require a higher skill of player to be able to handle more keybinds than a hunter or mage for example and to actually think about pre-empting group damage or situations where you need to be in a different form.

I wouldn't be against stances coming back.

Your wish or... #Bring back Bows for warriors. A warrior w/o a bow (ie ranged weapon)? Really? Game is too much streamlined again.