Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by G3 Ghost View Post
    It's been that way for most of us, especially in our professional lives. Just because I tell a coworker behind closed doors, in private that Jeanine is a slut, doesn't mean HR wont be knocking on my office door two hours later.
    You are really comparing apples with oranges here.

Do you also complain about Cardi B and 6ix9ine lyrics, or this has only to with non-black people?

They didnt say it out public right? I mean it was a conversation they had with each other during discord etc? And somehow got "leaked".

If so then I think the ban it stupid, but if it was on twitch or something else then fine with ban.

So a private chat, is what I read. Then stupid ban, they don't "represent" Blizzard, they are just playing the game and are dumb.

If it was a employee then OK

Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    Finally someone on the other side of the spectrum who is actually open to debate and not limited to his own woke bubble.

And I completely agree with this point. You can only judge someone based on what you know or perceive of them. You can't know their way of thinking without getting to know them. That said... condemning people to be racist because of a very limited encounter is also neither fair nor helpful. I would argue that a direct discussion with said person about his behavior would might be more helpful than immediately labelling them racist or resorting to violence (depending on the severity of the offensive act)
    Ofc but since they are a public figure indirectly representing orginisations they dont get that kind of benefit of the doubt, thats just how reality works.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    They didnt say it out public right? I mean it was a conversation they had with each other during discord etc? And somehow got "leaked".

If so then I think the ban it stupid, but if it was on twitch or something else then fine with ban.

So a private chat, is what I read. Then stupid ban, they don't "represent" Blizzard, they are just playing the game and are dumb.

If it was a employee then OK
    But they do represent blizzard and Xset, how can you not see this ..... thats like saying any major sports league does not interfere when a player steps out of line they most absolutely do. if blizzard does nothing here they leave themselves open to MAJOR backlash.
    Last edited by keldarepewpew; 2020-10-20 at 01:09 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Meh, some dumb people said nigger in anger and now they are facing backlash for it. I don't know why people are acting so shocked about it. Racism is a hot button issue in the U.S. right now.

Finally someone on the other side of the spectrum who is actually open to debate and not limited to his own woke bubble.

And I completely agree with this point. You can only judge someone based on what you know or perceive of them. You can't know their way of thinking without getting to know them. That said... condemning people to be racist because of a very limited encounter is also neither fair nor helpful. I would argue that a direct discussion with said person about his behavior would might be more helpful than immediately labelling them racist or resorting to violence (depending on the severity of the offensive act)
    As I said in a previous post, I'm willing to have that conversation, but after using that word, it's going to be an uphill battle for me not to label them.

Of course I'm open to debate and conversation. It is how the world moves forward. There's so much hatred and disgust from both sides. It's truly painful for me to watch. If I can be that bridge between two sides for even one conversation, I may be uncomfortable and I may want to smash a head or two, but I'll do it because even a small step forward is still a step in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Meh, some dumb people said nigger in anger and now they are facing backlash for it. I don't know why people are acting so shocked about it. Racism is a hot button issue in the U.S. right now.
    Exactly, its like all the surprise pikachus came out of their cave.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good.
    PvP or not, emotional or not you should think before you speak.
    Especially when it comes to racial slurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Drpizka View Post
    Do you also complain about Cardi B and 6ix9ine lyrics, or this has only to with non-black people?
    I don't support or listen to those people because of their lyrics (and I honestly just don't listen to much music at all, really). I also don't support most black comedians that have to use that word to get to their target audience. I'm only complaining because that has become the topic of this forum.

You are really comparing apples with oranges here.
    Fine. If I call Mr. Martinez the disparaging word for Mexican people behind closed doors, in private, that doesn't mean HR wont be knocking on my office door two hours later.

It's not apples and oranges. A person, in a professional field, did something not only unprofessional but also offensive to a great number of people. He was removed from his profession for his transgressions by a power directly dealing with human to human interaction.

I don't support or listen to those people because of their lyrics (and I honestly just don't listen to much music at all, really). I also don't support most black comedians that have to use that word to get to their target audience. I'm only complaining because that has become the topic of this forum.

Fine. If I call Mr. Martinez the disparaging word for Mexican people behind closed doors, in private, that doesn't mean HR wont be knocking on my office door two hours later.

It's not apples and oranges. A person, in a professional field, did something not only unprofessional but also offensive to a great number of people. He was removed from his profession for his transgressions by a power directly dealing with human to human interaction.
    I feel like people who believe that, have no id what real life is like at all. If a company found out you were talking rascist stuff in your private time HR would be there the next day lol.

Quote Originally Posted by keldarepewpew View Post
    Ofc but since they are a public figure indirectly representing orginisations they dont get that kind of benefit of the doubt, thats just how reality works.

- - - Updated - - -

But they do represent blizzard and Xset, how can you not see this ..... thats like saying any major sports league does not interfere when a player steps out of line they most absolutely do. if blizzard does nothing here they leave themselves open to MAJOR backlash.
    I'm guessing Blizzard/Xset have rules about this sort behavior from players when in a private setting then? I'm not trying to be a dick, I simply don't know that part. I know WWE has that sort of private behavior clause in their contracts with a penalty system. But if Blizzard/Xset dodn't have the same type of legal clause then they are doing this just for the sake of saving face at the cost of whoever happens to be targeted.

7+ Year Old Account

I am sorry but I do not agree with you and your Orwellian Big Brother monitoring of private conversations.

I'm guessing Blizzard/Xset have rules about this sort behavior from players when in a private setting then? I'm not trying to be a dick, I simply don't know that part. I know WWE has that sort of private behavior clause in their contracts with a penalty system. But if Blizzard/Xset dodn't have the same type of legal clause then they are doing this just for the sake of saving face at the cost of whoever happens to be targeted.
    They are saving face and throwing them under the bus, However they should know full well this will happend if behaviour like that gets out. No rules are needed to realise this kind of behaviour will lead to you beeing thrown to the wolves. If you cant see that i really dont know what to say tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

I am sorry but I do not agree with you and your Orwellian Big Brother monitoring of private conversations.
    I think you dont realise what kind of a society we live in he is absolutely right this is how it works. If blizzard condones this in 1 or 2 days kotaku would have an article : First blizzard caves in to china pressure NOW they are supporting racisme!!! read all about it here. Next thing you know its all over the internet.
    Last edited by keldarepewpew; 2020-10-20 at 01:25 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I feel like people who believe that, have no id what real life is like at all. If a company found out you were talking rascist stuff in your private time HR would be there the next day lol.
    Again, this is a circus. Because someone works somewhere, does this mean he should be oppressed to political correctness during his private conversations, just to not lose his job?

Ridiculous.

It's a sign of the times. There is no such thing as private anymore, not really. Everyone has access to everything you do. It all boils down to "be a decent person", no matter the setting.

Again, this is a circus. Because someone works somewhere, does this mean he should be oppressed to political correctness during his private conversations, just to not lose his job?

Ridiculous.
    Thats just how it is. Ive had experience with fortune 500 companies. You would get fired for WAY less then this tbh. This is actually so far past the line it baffles me how dumb those 2 players actually are. Besides you are free to say whatever you want, But you arent free of the consequences private orgs can make based on what you say if you work for them you are their puppet wether you like that or not is irrelevant.
    Last edited by keldarepewpew; 2020-10-20 at 01:31 PM.

Ridiculous.
    Lmao. Not being able to act like a racist piece of shit is "oppressing to political correctness"? Get real.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thats just how it is.
    I know, and I am not fine with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    Lmao. Not being able to act like a racist piece of shit is "oppressing to political correctness"? Get real.
    Dude, it's the African Americans out of all people that use the N word the most. Why is nobody calling them racists?

I know, and I am not fine with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, it's the African Americans out of all people that use the N word the most. Why is nobody calling them racists?
    If you can't make a distinction between people of colour using it amongs themselves and some priviledged white boy dropping it, you're beyond help.

Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    That's a bit extreme. Drpizka may or may not be a racist (I'm leaning towards not). What they are railing against (with good reason) is the invasion of privacy that's happened here.

There is good reason to be upset that these people used a racial slur, but there is also good reason to question why a private discussion from two years ago ended up with current consequences. I see Dr's point and would like to keep that conversation as civil as possible.

It's a sign of the times. There is no such thing as private anymore, not really. Everyone has access to everything you do. It all boils down to "be a decent person", no matter the setting.
    If only there was a universally accepted definition of a "decent person". Some things may be easily defined but there is a lot of gray area. Personally I consider CEOs who make 100 times more salary than the people who actually do the work to be scum of the Earth, and yet society treats them as decent.

Is a person who kills a rapist in cold blood decent or not? Is a person who steals food to feed his children because he has no job decent...? Is a person who has been caught using a racial slur once considered decent or forever branded?
    Last edited by Zalraki; 2020-10-20 at 01:36 PM.