Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    First of all,who are these people exactly?

Secondly,the absolute terror americans feel when exposed to a word regardless of context is kind of hilarious,honestly. It's no wonder they can't get past racism as a society if such small things have such a huge effect on them
    It is pretty hilarious, really.

So too is the veil of saintliness that most people weave around themselves on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Drpizka View Post
    Dude, it's the African Americans out of all people that use the N word the most. Why is nobody calling them racists?
    I despise that anyone uses it, but the difference is intent. It was used to keep people down by one party. That downtrodden party reclaimed the word and made it their own. The view in the culture is that a black person saying it is a term of power within the community. A person not of color saying it is a word of assumed power over the community. Get it?

Quote Originally Posted by G3 Ghost View Post
    That's a bit extreme. Drpizka may or may not be a racist (I'm leaning towards not). What they are railing against (with good reason) is the invasion of privacy that's happened here.

There is good reason to be upset that these people used a racial slur, but there is also good reason to question why a private discussion from two years ago ended up with current consequences. I see Dr's point and would like to keep that conversation as civil as possible.
    The truth is we are WAAAAY beyond that point already. Major corps slowly invaded our privacy years ago. It will be almost impossible to back out of that now. I recently worked on app development for phones i can get any private info i want whitout the user even knowing about it you are suppose to play nice and not do that but its hardly checked, our proffesor showed us how easily it is for apps to see anything you do its just baffling. That discussion sailed a long time ago im afraid.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    If you can't make a distinction between people of colour using it amongs themselves and some priviledged white boy dropping it, you're beyond help.
    aaaaaaalright, because all black singers and actors are poor and without privileges. You got it dude.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a bit extreme. Drpizka may or may not be a racist (I'm leaning towards not). What they are railing against (with good reason) is the invasion of privacy that's happened here.

There is good reason to be upset that these people used a racial slur, but there is also good reason to question why a private discussion from two years ago ended up with current consequences. I see Dr's point and would like to keep that conversation as civil as possible.
    thank you for your support. Apparently, these days if you do not agree with them, you are a racist.

I' ve been saying about "Orwellian" "big brother" "private conversation" during the past hour, but hey they like to victimise for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Drpizka View Post
    aaaaaaalright, because all black singers and actors are poor and without privileges. You got it dude.
    I'm pretty sure the OP is the most racist person in this thread,I doubt you'll get much from him,but I commend you for trying

I despise that anyone uses it, but the difference is intent. It was used to keep people down by one party. That downtrodden party reclaimed the word and made it their own. The view in the culture is that a black person saying it is a term of power within the community. A person not of color saying it is a word of assumed power over the community. Get it?
    I see what you're saying, I really do understand that you are trying to convey intention. Some things, however, are harmful despite intention.

That's besides the point really. The ones who obtained the vods and used them to blackmail or whatever are obviously shady individuals, there's no denying that. But really, it doesn't take away what was said. You people also think that Assange and other whistleblowers should get death penalty because technically what they did was act of treason? Or when I cheated on my girlfriend when I was young and dumb and outside person told my gf about it, did it take away the fact that I was a cheating asshole eventhough it was none of the 3rd parties business? Of course not.

It's just desperate smokescreening of the real issue to get outraged by "someone playing dirty with the vods". Shit was said, end of the story.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    I'm pretty sure the OP is the most racist person in this thread,I doubt you'll get much from him,but I commend you for trying
    How am I racist?

I have an idea if they utilize that word. It's the only idea I've got, actually. Am I supposed to give someone using hate speech the benefit of the doubt? Or even worse, ignore it and let it become normalized in their mind? No, I don't think that's how that works.

Impressions are just that, the impression you create through your actions and statements. It doesn't matter if they are racist or not, they utilized a racist word, giving the impression that they are racist.

I see what you're saying, I really do understand that you are trying to convey intention. Some things, however, are harmful despite intention.
    Don't give in to your fantasies too easily. We're all taught to be open minded have we not? If someone said the N word to a friend as a jest or in the air while venting then i'd shrug and let it go. A racist expression does not make one a racist. I call my fat buddy "fat fuck" That doesn't mean i hate all fat people. It's the same thing. But if said friend were spouting shit like "all black people are worthless, unintelligent and should just die or stay in the ratholes they come from" etcetc like what you stereotypically hear then i'd be much more prone to view him as a racist. Not that i'd let his personal views on things impact our relationship though. That is unless he sought verification from me or were harassing people physically or psychologically.

We all have weaknesses which are natural and we can't do anything about. Too slim, naturally prone to be overweight, ugly, full of freckles, birthmarks.. Why is race so much worse? It's just the colour of your skin, is that really so much worse to be made fun of than anything a bully would target you for as a white person? I just don't think so. We're all the same at the end of the day, and the biggest racists (If we use the normal faulty definition today) are the ones who are shouting racist at everything. They're more focused on colour than anyone else.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Agreed, but it doesn't change the point that the use of the word is still pervasive and largely accepted when said by a black person, and that leads to occasional use by white people looking to be transgressive.

I mean, we live in a world where a college hired a rapper who uses the n word constantly in his lyrics then put out a press release saying that black people were allowed to sing along to the lyrics and white people weren't. It's just really silly.
    Ignorance is bliss and all that.

People will take in media where it’s used And will think many/all black people use it even though it’s mainly a cultural thing in only a few cultures. They also aren’t shown that there is also back lash between different black people even within the cultures that do use it, some times media will show this like say the luke cage show but the majority won’t.

As to colleges there run by people who can be as ignorant foolish or stupid as any one else and make bad calls.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    That's a useless, tired cliché of an argument. But coming from someone that boasts about calling his gay friends fags, it is entirely unsurprising.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. We live among a generation of idiots that think 'freedom of speech' means 'devoid of consequences'.
    What about a gay calling their normal friends a fag?

Also talking about privilige, dont black people need like 70% of the score of a asian person to get into a good univeristy?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    I thought that was a Dutch thing?
    You could be right. I remember it was from the nordic countries and seen something about Sweden partly scrapping it.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Pvp is toxic, more news at 11. Doesn't make them racist snowflake you've probably dropped n word and fag as much as the rest of us. Welcome to the internet . If my private conversations amongst friends were recorded we would probably be in prison because of retards who take shit seriously.
    Actually surprised someone from EU used the n word, I thought only Americans did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I never said it wasn't harmful to use the word by either party, simply that I understand the intent behind using the word in the black community.

I never said it wasn't harmful to use the word by either party, simply that I understand the intent behind using the word in the black community.
    But in one case you said your inherent view of how harmful it is trumps intent, and in the other you kind of used intent to handwave it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    So basically someone leaked some vods with some unsavory shit (dropping n-bombs) and Blizz banned the dudes.

Raikus statement: https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sreglf

"I said the n-word one time and one time a modified version of it), but that does not make me a racist." - Lol, stressed out and angry calling someone n-slur as an insult is pretty fucking textbook racist behaviour.

On the one hand, I'm disappointed since these lads have been on top of their game for so long and pretty much the best EU team there is, but on the other hand I'm glad that the deep seeped racism of the WoW scene gets pulled out in the open because no matter what people in denial say, our scene is disgustingly toxic and racist and people use alot of racial slurs like "jew" as insults to this day.

Also this is where he just shoots himself on the foot and soils his apology and turns the focus into playing the victim of some dirty scheme.
    This does bring up a question, from what i can tell they got banned from the game aswell.

it brings to question.

if people say stuff not in your game, do you ban then from ingame?

they say the N word on stream, they get banned from competiting and representing blizz obviously.
    but they did not do anything bad ingame, so do you feel it right to ban them ingame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    What about a gay calling their normal friends a fag?

Also talking about privilige, dont black people need like 70% of the score of a asian person to get into a good univeristy?
    Oof.

Yeah you clearly get it.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    This does bring up a question, from what i can tell they got banned from the game aswell.

it brings to question.

they say the N word on stream, they get banned from competiting and representing blizz obviously.
    but they did not do anything bad ingame, so do you feel it right to ban them ingame.
    I would say it's not right to ban them in game for out of game conduct. That veers too close to big brother.

As for competitions and organizations, not services? Well, yeah, Blizzard should be able to ban them for whatever reason considering they're representing them, even if it is to save their hide from controversy. (which is 99.9% of the time the reason for a corp to drop you, anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

it brings to question.

I don't think they were banned from ingame nor do I think they should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    Oof.

Yeah you clearly get it.
    ...... same as when I made my to much gay stuff in borderlands thread.....buddy better not assume anything about me.

Also yes , its NORMAL to not be gay, as nature intends it. Doesnt stop me from not being normal. I stay with what I said, so please focus on the topic and not what you want to read

normal
    /ˈnɔːm(ə)l/

conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expected.

the usual, typical, or expected state or condition.
    Last edited by ArenaDk; 2020-10-20 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Pvp is toxic, more news at 11. Doesn't make them racist snowflake you've probably dropped n word and fag as much as the rest of us. Welcome to the internet . If my private conversations amongst friends were recorded we would probably be in prison because of retards who take shit seriously.
    Yikes.
    My go-to is 'Horde asshole', not racial slurs. But I'm in my 40's, so mimicking early 2000's gangsta rap isn't my go-to cultural touchstone.