Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    The fact that Trump has seemingly recovered the way he has is an indictment of the American medical system. If an Adderall-snorting, fast food-gorging, spray tan-encased, obese man in his late 70’s can survive this infection, then our death count should be microscopic compared to what it currently is. But no, Trump has access to better care just because.
    That image would be a powerful ad. Do it, Lincoln Project!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Timester View Post
    That image would be a powerful ad. Do it, Lincoln Project!
    Lincoln Project doesn't want M4A though.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Anyone actually believing this nonsense deserves Trump as their President, tbh.
    For context, go to 14:23 in this video. Holy shit, Pete is going to be a leader if he can lean a little more progressive as time goes by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You realize your jails are open and there's still people not doing everything they could to support the regime, so you modify exactly who's "undesirable" and expand your scope.
    "First we will kill all the subversives; then we will kill all their collaborators; then their sympathisers; then those who remained indifferent; and finally, we'll kill the undecided."

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Michael Steele just endorsed Biden... “because I am an American first”...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Genuinely, how does one support this demented old fool?
    I have no idea. Biden has said time and time again that he wants to public option, as well as a private option for those who want enhanced coverage.

I don't see how anyone could be against that aside from those who are more concerned with a slight tax increase, than the well being of the less fortunate.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

In reality, they can be very much with the "I'm ok, don't care about you" crowd.
    This is the single biggest issue regarding voting in most countries. 'I'm fine, you can go die in a ditch'.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    For context, go to 14:23 in this video. Holy shit, Pete is going to be a leader if he can lean a little more progressive as time goes by.

He doesn't even really need to lean, he's a solid moderate.

I'm as libertarian as they come, and I would have voted for him if he had won the nomination. I think he would have taken the military vote from Trump, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    He doesn't even really need to lean, he's a solid moderate.

I'm as libertarian as they come, and I would have voted for him if he had won the nomination. I think he would have taken the military vote from Trump, as well.
    It's interesting how the Dems have a more viable succession plan in place should they win 2020. Harris, then Pete, then AOC. All the Trumps crying.

It's interesting how the Dems have a more viable succession plan in place should they win 2020. Harris, then Pete, then AOC. All the Trumps crying.
    Well, it helps that your platform is clearly represented and tries to hear the younger voters, and is not an old and dying one.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Harris has a ton of baggage, Pete Buttigieg doesn't. On paper, he's much more likely to appeal to moderates and independents, without losing the solid blue states. Anyone who wouldn't vote for him, because he's gay, was never going to vote for him. He would need to work to increase appeal to black voters. Harris is a very strong-willed person, and it works well for her (it didn't work for Hillary). Either would be good for the Democrats in 2024 and beyond.

AOC is a non-starter, I just don't think she has enough overall appeal among moderates.

Harris has a ton of baggage, Pete Buttigieg doesn't. On paper, he's much more likely to appeal to moderates and independents, without losing the solid blue states. Anyone who wouldn't vote for him, because he's gay, was never going to vote for him. He would need to work to increase appeal to black voters. Harris is a very strong-willed person, and it works well for her (it didn't work for Hillary). Either would be good for the Democrats in 2024 and beyond.

AOC is a non-starter, I just don't think she has enough overall appeal among moderates.
    I think long term AOC could, but that's very contingent on a) her understanding that coalitions matter b) America becoming more progressive.

Give it 20 years. I would say no sooner than that.

I think long term AOC could, but that's very contingent on a) her understanding that coalitions matter b) America becoming more progressive.

Give it 20 years. I would say no sooner than that.
    You nailed it on the first part, she doesn't like to play ball. Honestly, that's what I actually like about her, because she doesn't mind pissing off her own side. But, it also means that she isn't going to gain a lot of traction among mainstream voters.

You nailed it on the first part, she doesn't like to play ball. Honestly, that's what I actually like about her, because she doesn't mind pissing off her own side. But, it also means that she isn't going to gain a lot of traction among mainstream voters.
    Pretty much. I think she's got so much potential, but compromise is key. That doesn't mean dropping principles, it means adopting a unified view.

Anyone actually believing this nonsense deserves Trump as their President, tbh.
    While true, the rest of the sane people certainly don't.

Also making sure to get his bullshit excuses in for why he's so shit at debating.

Imagine supporting this man and thinking he is strong and a great leader lol
    Trump is such a garbage tier human being it's ridiculous. I've had discussions with people who have tried to argue about how great he is as a leader because of his policies and whatnot and I told them I couldn't care less about any of that. His behavior is enough for me to disqualify him as a person who should be president. He's an unabashed asshole who has absolutely zero qualms about shitting on and making fun of anyone that disagrees with him. That's speaks to his mind set and mental capacity, among other things, and that is absolutely not the kind of person I want as the President.

He's not even a good leader. Morale across the entire administration and connected branches is at an all-time low.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    See, this is the sort of conservative that really needs to take over the Republican party. Or some other party that replaces it. Somebody that is capable of holding positions on both sides of the arbitrary party divide, and still putting the needs of Americans first. Someone that understands which of these policies are important, which are urgent, and is capable of working with people.

Talking about William McRaven's endorsement of Biden here. It is scarcely a surprise, he has been increasingly vocal about it ever since Trump's little church photo shoot. I am still massively discouraged that this sort of Conservative doesn't seem to be numerous enough to have any political relevancy. Instead, the vast majority of "Conservatives" seemed to be happy to jump onto the next hate filled facist rallying cry that comes along, to the point where I can't even use the term to describe myself any more, because "Conservative" has such a gross connotation now. Would totally be down for McRaven style conservatism, but I just can't see it existing any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    See, this is the sort of conservative that really needs to take over the Republican party. Or some other party that replaces it. Somebody that is capable of holding positions on both sides of the arbitrary party divide, and still putting the needs of Americans first. Someone that understands which of these policies are important, which are urgent, and is capable of working with people.

Talking about William McRaven's endorsement of Biden here. It is scarcely a surprise, he has been increasingly vocal about it ever since Trump's little church photo shoot. I am still massively discouraged that this sort of Conservative doesn't seem to be numerous enough to have any political relevancy. Instead, the vast majority of "Conservatives" seemed to be happy to jump onto the next hate filled facist rallying cry that comes along, to the point where I can't even use the term to describe myself any more, because "Conservative" has such a gross connotation now. Would totally be down for McRaven style conservatism, but I just can't see it existing any time soon.
    I think trump echoing the whole seal team six did not kill osama bin laden nonsense probably pushed him to be more vocal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, the Trump campaign spends 77 to raise a $1 donation from small dollar donors.

$181m of the $235.7m it raised went to more fundraising efforts, suggesting that Trump's base is tapped out.

Trump Fundraisers Spun Wheels, Spending 77 Cents to Bring in $1
    • Committee pours money into upping grassroots fundraising
    • Outlays in search of more donors leave little for advertising

The joy of watching Trumpkins pile their money into a pile and burn it.

The unsurprised horror of realizing they piled their money into the shape of a burning cross.
    Last edited by Milchshake; 2020-10-20 at 02:46 PM.
    Government Affiliated Snark