Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 1know View Post
    Kadgar - Legion
    Magni - BfA
    Bolvar - SL
    There must always be a guy who give you the main quests, and then they expire.
    I don't know why, but I felt sad reading this.

I feel as if certain characters like Khadgar should only come when a threat that relates to them are present. Khadgar with the Burning Legion, Wrathion with anything Old God related, Bolvar/Lich King with anything undead/scourge related, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by KALAMITY View Post
    I fully expect to see Medivh and his son Med'an in that expansion, so it would make sense to also see Khadgar.
    Medivh, yes, Med'an, no!

I'm not sure the truce has much to do with Khadgar appearing or not.
    Khadgar I think mostly shows up when the Legion or Gul'dan does.

But frankly I don't think Khadgar has a lot of stake or business going on right now except figuring out where Medivh went off to or figuring out what he's doing. Maybe he has some stake with the old Sons of Lothar (and ghosts thereof) and the Naaru (probably most likely). So that kind of interaction may be up his alley. I'd have thought he'd have more involvement with current characters now that Alleria and Turalyon are back - but considering Turalyon is just sitting on the throne right now, Khadgar may not be up to much for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    I think med'an got retconned for being a massive mary sue
    Looking at the current cast of characters, I think better explanation is that he wasnt adopted by any current writer.
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2020-10-20 at 10:23 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkess View Post
    Now that the Alliance and Horde have mostly entered into a truce do you think Khadgar should come back as a main character in Shadowlands?
    no, we will have so many known characters in SL already:

Kael'thas
    (Arthas)
    Uther
    Thrall
    Sylvanas
    Lor'themar
    Bolvar Fordragon
    Draka
    Ysera
    Jaina Proudmoor
    Anduin Wrynn
    Turalyon
    Genn Greymane
    etc

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Warlock (any spec) => fel magic lorewise.

Necromancer (and DKs) => death magic.
    most magic that has nothing to do with healing/light is a variation of arcane energy, magic power is drawn from the nether and leyline filleds with arcane power, its the same principle about frost and fire for mages arcane can be moulded to do what the user wants, warlocks still use shadow magic not everything a warlock does is enchanced by using fel and a necromancer uses multiple types of magic
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    most magic that has nothing to do with healing/light is a variation of arcane energy, magic power is drawn from the nether and leyline filleds with arcane power, its the same principle about frost and fire for mages arcane can be moulded to do what the user wants, warlocks still use shadow magic not everything a warlock does is enchanced by using fel and a necromancer uses multiple types of magic
    [Citation needed]

Protip: don't mistake the in-game warlock shadow spells with them actually using shadow magic. Ditto for fire mages, who actually don't use fire/elemental magic (that's what shamans do), but arcane, as you correctly pointed out.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

[Citation needed]

Protip: don't mistake the in-game warlock shadow spells with them actually using shadow magic. Ditto for fire mages, who actually don't use fire/elemental magic (that's what shamans do), but arcane, as you correctly pointed out.
    the player versions of the class are much different to the other versions around so your unable to prove all warlock spells are infused with fel energy, the player warlock has very few spells that are infused with fel magic so the majority of thier spells are shadow based, there is only 2 sources of magic in WoW as everything was made when light and dark collided and created the WoW universe so everything is a version of those 2 cosmic forces. Light is healing/life magic and the dark is everything else.

Classes are only restricted to specific spells for gameplay reasons, when in reality you could learn pretty much anything you wanted given enough time, so a mage could use every spell any other class could use, thats why its easy for mages to become warlocks and such since its not much different than what they already do.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

[Citation needed]

Warlocks use shadow magic, according to the Legion class preview. They're even described as peering into the Void.

Khadgar is a bland motherfucker and having to deal with him as a Horde character sucks. If he returns I hope it's to promptly die in the intro.

Kadgar - Legion
    Magni - BfA
    Bolvar - SL
    There must always be a guy who give you the main quests, and then they expire.
    Thrall cata. But everyone bitched about the green jesus. Must be an alliance based hero.
    Khadgar
    Illidan
    Magni
    And now bolvar

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    For humans being most prominent, i think its simply because humans meddle the most. Elven races just make their zones more magical and ignore everyone else, humans go around fucking with everything.

But yeah, there needs to be more character representation.
    It's true that, and I think one of the biggest mistakes they make is not making this obvious. Let some of these powerful mages let you know why they're not involved in this affair or that.. but then again, remember when the night elves were introduced and came out of isolation? Tyrande, Illidan and Malfurion had their paws in everything that was affecting the world and then just went ghost silent.

So effectively only humans meddled. High elves have always been isolationist even though they were not in isolation, so nothing's really changed their. Nightborne are supposed to be coming out to make their mark in the world and show the world the power of the kaldorei civilization. But Thalyssra seems to be purely support character, it's not Tyrande/Malfurion TFT level of involvement.

Frankly, I just don't' think the human fantasy in Warcraft is very endearing that's all. Elves are quite interesting and exciting in Warcraft which is good. We've just had orcs and humans shoved down so long while when major interest grew in the elves, they stifled them, first the blood elves by taking them out of classic, then the night elves, by doing nothing with them after classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Elderwolf View Post
    Thrall cata. But everyone bitched about the green jesus. Must be an alliance based hero.
    Khadgar
    Illidan
    Magni
    And now bolvar
    Khadgar is a Human, not a member of the Aliance.
    Illidan is an N elf, not a member of the Aliance.
    People get confused somehow.
    Gul'dan was an Orc, not a member of the Horde ...

7+ Year Old Account
    god Christ no, we have enough of him, i didn't want any of him in the first place, pisses me off working with human, especially the "hero of the second war"

blizzard first of all have to stop doing those poster boys for the expansion, it was him, then Magni now bolvar(coincidentally al ex-alliance) make two, for each faction, like we had Nazgrin and the other guy,

- - - Updated - - -

Khadgar is a Human, not a member of the Aliance.
    Illidan is an N elf, not a member of the Aliance.
    People get confused somehow.
    Gul'dan was an Orc, not a member of the Horde ...
    Thrall was just an orc, not a member of the horde

must be an alliance race based hero then

Gul'dan was not the "hero"

While a hero of the Alliance, Khadgar is willing to work with the Horde for the greater good of Azeroth.
    And gul'dan was part of the original horde. Not thralls horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Elderwolf View Post
    Khadgar
    Illidan
    Magni
    And now bolvar
    Had Thrall been a quest/story guide like the others, it would have been fine. He wasn't. Half of Cata was spent on his various stories, including his therapy questline, culminating in him being promoted to Aspect of Earth. The others were far more low key.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

I can see him playing a role at the end. Like when we are done and lets say we come back to a world ruled by the Void. He could be the leader of the resistance. Something along those lines.

I hope not, Khadgar is utterly incompetent and caused Legion. Why couldn't we have just killed Gul'dan instead of freeing him? Not to mention the apparent threat of the Iron Horde was completely overexagurated.

Thematically, no, but otherwise I wouldn't mind more Khadgar.

Or.. more like BADghar, amirite?
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?