Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashiraya View Post
    Well for one, they badly affect the economy by drowning the AH in cheap mats which non-multiboxers has no way to really compete with, and they fuel inflation with raw gold farms (which WoW already has issues with), which coincidentally also raises the token prices for everyone.

Throw in bots to the mix - which aren't banned quickly enough to deter their use - and things get pretty ugly.
    And yet botters get banned and MB don't. If it was actually a problem then Blizzard would act. It isn't so they don't. People overstate the prevalence of MBer. I think it's because people are jealous they can't afford to do it themselves.
    Last edited by munkeyinorbit; 2020-10-20 at 02:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    I think it's because people are jealous they can't afford to do it themselves.
    I blame CRZ. People don't just see their realms multiboxers they see whatever realms they are CRZ'd with as well.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

10+ Year Old Account
    I am confused... Does someone really think multiboxers are some higher beings? Honestly they are same scum as gold sellers, botters and boost sellers. Ruining the game economy and being nearly unkillable in pvp. They are the P2W players, nothing more.

And yet botters get banned and MB don't

I don't think anyone argues whether multiboxers are allowed or not - Blizzard has made it clear there's an exception for them (as usually using external programs to play WoW is not allowed).

The problem is whether they should be allowed. And I think the damage they deal to realm economies is too great to justify permitting them. Not to mention that they shelter actual bots, who by the time Blizzard has been able to deduce that they are indeed an outright bot and not a multiboxer, will have had time to recoup any losses they incur by getting banned (hence why we aren't seeing the botting trend decline, which it would if it wasn't profitable).

Banning the button duplication programs would solve all the problems at once, and it's not like multiboxing is some core gameplay feature worth sacrificing other things to preserve (it's not even supported).

Well for one, they badly affect the economy by drowning the AH in cheap mats which non-multiboxers has no way to really compete with, and they fuel inflation with raw gold farms (which WoW already has issues with), which coincidentally also raises the token prices for everyone.

Throw in bots to the mix - which aren't banned quickly enough to deter their use - and things get pretty ugly.
    Are there any evidence of this actually happening? I mean linking those cheap mats to multiboxing accounts. How do people link them? Gold farm? I though most people got their gold from the garrison. A friend got his gold during that time from selling tanking services.

3+ Year Old Account
    Multiboxers are usually terrible players that can only do "press button to one shot something". Whenever that one trick doesn't work for whatever reason, they're worthless. If they were ok players they wouldn't find the need to pay for multiple accounts just to feel worth something by trivially one shotting people.

I don't like having them on my side in battlegrounds. They hog many slots in the raid for a single idiot who can only do one thing and pay attention to one thing, and who believe that the entire bg revolves around them.

I find hilarious that the op thinks people are somehow in awe of multiboxers or that there is anything mystical about the intricacies of running a tool to broadcast the same key presses across multiple game clients. Whatever makes you feel good, I guess.

That said, I don't think they're a big issue either. They don't break the "mildly annoying waste of space" level of the irritation scale.
    Last edited by tamarin; 2020-10-20 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Are there any evidence of this actually happening? I mean linking those cheap mats to multiboxing accounts. How do people link them? Gold farm? I though most people got their gold from the garrison. A friend got his gold during that time from selling tanking services.
    Throughout BFA, I have constantly seen groups of multiboxer druids fly from node to node, as well as standing in mob spawn hotspots and endlessly killing the mobs there (such as the farm in drustvar or the blood gate).

It's true that Legion missions and the garrison were big sources of inflation, but they are gone now.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Basil2 View Post
    A lot of people dislike multiboxers. Surprisingly, the same people think that multiboxers are some kind of elite
    No one thinks multiboxers are elite. We think they are unethical and, at worst, harassers.

It's literally the opposite: they are too bad to play without cheating.

Nice to see your thread getting downvoted too.
    Last edited by A Chozo; 2020-10-20 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stresskiller View Post
    just make a Realm for multiboxers only , everyone happy they can play and we can play the way we like without bots
    Yep, if your account is caught multiboxing you should be quarantined. We will see how "fun" it is then.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Well, the problem is then with multiboxing bots or people exploiting the game to sell tokens. So its not normal multiboxer players.

It is cheating any way you try to spin it, it is just a condoned version of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Because they do? I remember it being particularly bad in Legion with this multiboxer running around with five druids, he'd bug out WQs locations by spamming moonfire all over the place and causing some of the mobs he didn't kill to become permantly immune or constantly evade and it was rare you could get a hit on one of the mobs he'd already tagged before it's nameplate went grey and didn't give you credit for the kill, there were other times I saw him despawning herb nodes with one gather and gatherers in the General channel were quite vocal about it and don't even get me started on how his presence in any of the ffa PvP areas meant people had to avoid the area for a good while whenever he bumbled on in.
    1 person is not every existing multiboxer.

Assholes exist everywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    It is cheating any way you try to spin it, it is just a condoned version of it.
    Multiboxing isnt cheating. Cheating would be doing something against the ToS of WoW.
    People that pay two or more accounts, have the right to use them the way they like, as long as they dont break the ToS of WoW.

Is using Addons cheating, compared to the people that don't use addons?

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Well, the problem is then with multiboxing bots or people exploiting the game to sell tokens. So its not normal multiboxer players.
    I'd very much argue it is the 'normal', in fact. The only people I've ever seen who do not multibox for advantage (whether it is to oneshot people in world PvP or flood the AH with zin'anthid) are members of my roleplay guild who multibox NPCs for storylines.

And good luck convincing anyone that that is normal. In fact, they'd happily surrender that ability to make the game better for everyone.

I'd very much argue it is the 'normal', in fact. The only people I've ever seen who do not multibox for advantage (whether it is to oneshot people in world PvP or flood the AH with zin'anthid) are members of my roleplay guild who multibox NPCs for storylines.

And good luck convincing anyone that that is normal. In fact, they'd happily surrender that ability to make the game better for everyone.
    I multibox 5 man dungeons in classic for the fun and challenge (and yes it IS challenging unless you are doing something dumb like 5x shamans or priest + 4x mages.... personally I'm playing a Warrior / Rogue / Mage / Warlock / HPala group and having a blast at it)

I'm not herbing or mining (which is a retail only problem, and btw it would be very easy for Blizzard to fix that whole problem), I'm not attacking anybody in WPvP that doesn't attack me first, etc.

But people just want to be super salty about multiboxing when they have never tried it and 90% don't even understand how it works.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

7+ Year Old Account
    Multiboxers not breaking the TOS is a nice fantasy. I think 99.5% of them go way beyond using autohotkey macros & use a ton of automation.

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    I multibox 5 man dungeons in classic for the fun and challenge (and yes it IS challenging unless you are doing something dumb like 5x shamans or priest + 4x mages.... personally I'm playing a Warrior / Rogue / Mage / Warlock / HPala group and having a blast at it)

If you use entirely different classes, I assume you don't use keystroke duplication? If so, you are fine with me, tbh.

I think banning keystroke duplication programs would solve all the issues of fixing one player bringing along what is effectively 4 bots while also letting you be as skillful in jumping between windows and managing different abilities as you like.

Multiboxers have a whole set of unfair advantages

Why do multi boxing players ruin the gameplay for others?

Maybe few of them are those that use programs that triplicate or multiply by X characters to do world pvp (battlegrounds do not accept /follow). The other multiboxers are just players that pay 2 or more accounts and want to play them at the same time without ruining other people's gameplay experiences.

Dont understand why people always acuse multiboxers of ruining the gameplay for others.
    The philosophy of people that multibox is basically to have more accounts to allow them to farm better, or kill better, or pvp better, or level up better, the whole thing is about getting an edge you wouldn’t have if you were playing the regular way. Since vanilla i’ve been always farming my own material and now an external program with game breaking mechanics is making this impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    And yet botters get banned and MB don't. If it was actually a problem then Blizzard would act. It isn't so they don't. People overstate the prevalence of MBer. I think it's because people are jealous they can't afford to do it themselves.
    No, it is cause multiboxers screw up the AH prices on farmable mats. It isn't profitable to farm and sell mats from gathering nodes cause of multiboxers flooding the market.

I'm not jealous of multiboxing, I'm just irritated that they flood the damn AH to the point where it isn't worth my time to farm mats to sell. Most of the gold I made in MoP, WotLK, and Cata, was from selling raw mats. I remember making 30k in the first week of Cata from just selling ores, got around 80k in the first two weeks of MoP from ores again. After the initial expansion rush prices died down I would make gold off of JC (I still want sockets returned to being a standard part of gear, instead of RNG shit, cause the removal of baseline sockets severely devalued JC). I don't want to multibox, I just want multiboxers to stop crashing the AH prices.

Multiboxers ruined my ability to enjoy participating in the AH and economic side of WoW, I never ran across them enough in other types of content to be bothered by them (PvP multiboxers weren't too common, I'd say on average I saw them once every 50 bgs).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Why do multi boxing players ruin the gameplay for others?

Maybe few of them are those that use programs that triplicate or multiply by X characters to do world pvp (battlegrounds do not accept /follow). The other multiboxers are just players that pay 2 or more accounts and want to play them at the same time without ruining other people's gameplay experiences.

Dont understand why people always acuse multiboxers of ruining the gameplay for others.
    They monopolize the AH. Simple like that. Auto-farming in large scale breaks the economy: OFFER X DEMAND, imagine a lot of herbs, for example, the offer above the demand, the price will fall drastically.

To PVE and PVP, it stills fine, but in-game economy, it breaks the game so hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Basil2 View Post
    But, you may say, what about software?
    This is why people dislike it. You are breaking the TOS and Blizzard gives you a pass on it for whatever reason.

One button press = one action, that's Blizzard's policy, but for you multiboxers you get to do 1 button press = as many actions as you have accounts.

Now you can make your own judgment.
    You're cheating, that's my judgment.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.