Man, talking about the ending of BfA just makes me sad.
    I remember when BfA started and I defended it's niggles because I so desperately wanted it to be the south seas/naval expansion I always wanted. And then 8.3 just shat all over my dreams. (Or I supppose 8.2.5 did when Sylvanas ran away)
    So much potential, so many story threads, and they pretty much all went nowhere.

Even small things like the really cool Kul Tiran ship you give to Anduin in the Kul Tiran recruitment questline never gets used, and I fear it never will. It will just end up sitting in Stormwind harbor forever, a sad reminder of how cool it could ahve been to have it used as the platform for a really cool raid boss in an alternate Teldrassil final raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Seems like ICC is bugged, at least for Alliance. The Gunship does not actually go down to a place where you are actually able to board it...

- - - Updated - - -

Well at least exiting and reentering the raid seems to fix it.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Cue the outrage wheel coming out of the bushes.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I mean, I'd be outraged by the god awful looking thing.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Speaking of that cinematic though. Anyone wonder why Turalyon is already in Stormwind keep taking hte place of Anduin when he isnt supposed to have been kidnapped yet? The Legion pre-patch managed ot make a distinction between before and after Varian goes to the Broken Shore/is killed.

Makes you wonder whether Blizzard intended the pre-patch events to start immediately, and Turalyon taking the place of Anduin is an artifact of that.

Or I guess maybe Blizzard just wanted the new WPvP achievements ot be available immediately.

- - - Updated - - -

That is absolutely not what it says. It states that ray-tracing will be added in November, which could be an indication of the proper release, or could be a completely separate event.

- - - Updated - - -

Remember during the end of Legion when the forums speculated a dungeon or mini-raid taking place in Gorribal in Silithus? Wonder what an equivalent idea to that could be for the end of BfA.
    And ray tracing is already in the game last I checked. I wouldn't put too much into that.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Lol this is pure trolling from Blizzard side, outrage from internet manchilds is glorious.

I mean, I didnt expect the weird sprite darter transmog to be tied to a 6-month subscription of all things, but why not. I was sure it would be from the Blizzcon ticket.

Regardless I obviously bought it. Though fair warning for all who want it just for the wings like I kinda did, it is tied to the shoulders, not actually a back piece, though the shoulderpads are not that intrusive and neutral in color, so it should mesh with transmog fairly well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I mean, I'd be outraged by the god awful looking thing.
    The Blizzcon pyjamas transmog was trolling, this one almost kinda works. The chestpiece set especially is most of the detail, so it might be interesting to see what kind of transmogs will be made from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I think it's a bit funny that this seems to be the same video just flipped. Both captains do the same animation and so does the ship when the wave takes it.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, are you famous? Saw people talking about you in the trade chat of Darkspear-Terokkar.

- - - Updated - - -

Is Alleria even in the keep? Does she just appear if you attack Turalyon or something?
    I'll send you a PM to answer, as answering that would be off topic for the thread and into personal talks. Don't think anyone wants that. Hopefully you check PMs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, I didnt expect the weird sprite darter transmog to be tied to a 6-month subscription of all things, but why not. I was sure it would be from the Blizzcon ticket.

Regardless I obviously bought it. Though fair warning for all who want it just for the wings like I kinda did, it is tied to the shoulders, not actually a back piece, though the shoulderpads are not that intrusive and neutral in color, so it should mesh with transmog fairly well.

- - - Updated - - -

The Blizzcon pyjamas transmog was trolling, this one almost kinda works. The chestpiece set especially is most of the detail, so it might be interesting to see what kind of transmogs will be made from this.
    I bet it was originally for Blizzcon, then Covid happened.

Have the usual people started saying "Shadowlands delayed to Spring" yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post

I wouldn't bother with that not to mention it m akes no sense and it would make it the longest beta ever.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Well there is no Blizzcon so they just threw it out to the 6 month sub.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't bother with that not to mention it m akes no sense and it would make it the longest beta ever.
    Yeah but you know a certain community coughripcorderscough will do it because "the game is still absolute trash and needs the time."

And trolls just to troll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this what Blizzard is spending their time in?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    This seems overall believable, though there are a couple of questions I could see in the way of an early December release like this:

1. Can they finish up the main bugs/gameplay elements they need to by Dec 1? Especially if we are looking at a 6 week pre-raid gap, there will need to be a lot of things for players to do during those six weeks to hold interest until the first raid tier starts.

2. Is Blizz comfortable with players having 6 weeks to gear and grind Anima before the raid comes out? While they did do a pretty long wait for Battle of Dazar'alor, this would be the first tier of the new expansion.

3. How much time do they actually need to advertise the new date before it arrives? I've been presuming a month, but that is by no means what they are looking at time-wise. And if they do opt for Dec 1 or even Dec 8, they'll likely hold off on making that call until they feel for sure they are ready for launch.

4. Perhaps somewhat unrelated here, but BlizzConline is Feb 19/20. One would imagine that there will be some sort of Warcraft presentation at this, perhaps something around 9.1. If they wind up pushing the date until 2021, one would think they'd need to get the raid out and probably World First done before BlizzConline occurs so as not to compete with those same guilds for viewers.
    1. Yes. Main problems on beta are phasing bugs and weird quest bugs while much more than previous times it’s nothing really new

2. Anima is a gated grind so with 6 weeks you might be at row 4 of the soulbind and have access to 2 different legendary items to swap

3. No more than the time they had for a release date

4. Raid release the week after New Years allows the race to be done well before the convention

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post

It won't get delayed again. The only thing they ever guaranteed was a 2020 release, and with their open wording in the recent delay announcement they can release any time up until the end of the year.

Even if it did need it, it wouldn't get delayed past the end of the year. It's already shocking enough it's been delayed already.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoBisque View Post
    I would be surprised if the game release->raid release changes from two weeks to six weeks. It would lead to a lot of people getting bored and would mess up the power curve of the raid because people would go in with pretty much complete soulbinds and more/higher ilvl legendaries.
    You are gated with renown so soulbinds wouldn’t be completed. You have the torghast runs and the rep grinds. Honestly there’s more prep now than there has been for a bit

I'm going to wear butterfly pajamas on my tauren and no one can stop me.

Quote Originally Posted by Atticon View Post
    I'm going to wear butterfly pajamas on my tauren and no one can stop me.
    I wonder if this is one of those "free with every 6mo sub" deals, or requires a dedicated purchase of one. Not that either would make much of a difference for me.

Edith just told me anybody on an active recurring 6mo sub will get it by October 30th, no extra purchase needed.
    Last edited by huth; 2020-10-20 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I wonder if this is one of those "free with every 6mo sub" deals, or requires a dedicated purchase of one. Not that either would make much of a difference for me.
    Only gotta read the article...

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ne...rification-set

Players on an existing 6-month recurring subscription with a future renewal date will receive the Sprite Darter’s Wings transmogrification set as a gift in their Battle.net desktop app*** at no additional charge no later than October 30, 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Weird, I didnt get it to start with. Might have to doublecheck if I am actually on a recurring subscription.

Weird, I didnt get it to start with. Might have to doublecheck if I am actually on a recurring subscription.
    "no later than October 30"

How did i miss the shareable map-markers in the world-map...

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    You mean the one that MMOC for some reason didn't bother linking to in the news?