Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    So because you play the game and enjoy it means you are a sucker?
    It was more about the whole absurd "I paid blizzard a bunch of money and they're giving me something for free" reasoning.

But regarding paying for a 6 month sub, that's also pretty stupid. In exchange for saving ultimately very little, you commit yourself psychologically to play the game for 6 more months, whether it's good or bad. It's about as dumb as preordering something that can't be subjected to any availability shortage such as a digitally distributed video game.

Btw, don't ask me questions and then ban me, you dribbling idiot. Unless you want to be reminded again how useless you are.

Quote Originally Posted by tamarin View Post
    There are lots of suckers in this game happy and proud to give money to blizzard, they'd be stupid not to take advantage of it.

Case in point:
    It's crazy to me that people forget not every reward in game needs to be tailored to them. I know my wife is gonna freak out when she sees this amd will love it. I don't like it personally but that doesnt mean it shouldn't exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yes it was
    You're misremembering. It was dropped at a time that subs were in the dumps (Uldir).

This item was originally part of a game time bundle promotion in celebration of International Talk Like a Pirate Day, which grants the mount itself and 180 days of game time for $77.94 USD (price will differ in adjusted local currencies for Canada, Japan, and New Zealand). Players who had already purchased the 180 days of game time service within the 30 days prior to September 19, 2018 (approx August 19, 2018, and after), or currently have a 6-month recurring subscription, also automatically received the mount at no additional charge. The offer lasted up until October 21, 2018, and the mount must be claimed in the Blizzard Battle.net desktop app (gift box icon in the upper right-hand corner of the launcher) or from Blizzard's website (accessible from the Account drop-down menu) before April 30, 2019.

As planned,[1] it was added to the Blizzard Shop and In-Game Shop by itself on April 23, 2019.[2]

i have a feeling wing transmogs will be very common by the time shadowlands ends. so unless you particularly like these, i wouldn't go out of my way to grab them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    i have a feeling wing transmogs will be very common by the time shadowlands ends. so unless you particularly like these, i wouldn't go out of my way to grab them.
    Well they added backpacks and Totems (for Tauren), so wings seems the logical choice :P

Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    It's crazy to me that people forget not every reward in game needs to be tailored to them. I know my wife is gonna freak out when she sees this amd will love it. I don't like it personally but that doesnt mean it shouldn't exist.
    Would your wife not have liked to have done a really investing interesting quest to gain this item to get it?
    Last edited by Orby; 2020-10-20 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    If you think only 15 players will get it, you are not thinking as everyone with a 6 month sub will get it for free. As it is, people who roll their eyes at people using that transmog are irrelevant. Their opinion of it does not invalidate the opinion of those who like it.
    I don't understand your point, if you want to get it, get it. It's what the MTX store is for. I'm not disagreeing with your taste or even the existence of the skin. If Blizz did more it would probably be nice as long as they were unique enough.

I personally don't like it, but that's not stopping you from buying it or wearing it. My comments are more meant for people who lose their shit over store items. There aren't many store items and you really never see them in game anyway, outside of exceptional ones (I got the Pirate Ship, it's too cool to pass up). I don't understand a lot of the hate for the limited MTX WoW has. It's almost as if they never played a F2P game, almost all of them suck, they are unbalanced and shallow. I don't mind the sub because at least I know the game will be solid and stay solid and not devolve into trash (SWTOR) like the other F2P games that had subs at one point.

it looks like a miscolored ugly mess of a xmog but if people want to spend extra money if they don't have the 6 month already then good for them i suppose.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    well guess what, i got mine for free...
    But then i bought it just to piss you off :P
    not gonna lie, I just bought it to piss OP off.

Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    We're talking about items sold for real money. Calling them "rewards" is weird on so many levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Well they added backpacks and Totems (for Tauren), so wings seems the logical choice :P
    yeah and like 4 different things for each covenant, and that's just the initial wave of back transmogs. trust me they'll be all over the place in a year or two.

5+ Year Old Account
    If the wings actually change colors, I'd pay at least $10 for something with multiple effects but otherwise what a messy set. The shoulders are the only redeemable part. At least it's free like those mounts for ppl who already purchase their game time in bulk.

It would be a better idea to make weird/quirky jester mogs purchasable during Darkmoonfaire.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Wasting money just to spite someone is whole other level.

So from what I gather in this thread, the paypigs continue to pay Blizz for bad practices as an attempt to try to 'own' the haters that don't actually care what you do with your money.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    If the wings actually change colors, I'd pay at least $10 for something with multiple effects but otherwise what a messy set. The shoulders are the only redeemable part. At least it's free like those mounts for ppl who already purchase their game time in bulk.

It would be a better idea to make weird/quirky jester mogs purchasable during Darkmoonfaire.
    They do change colors but not super drastically.
    Like in the image I posted earlier you can see the wings being different on both characters.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It takes a few days for it to be given to those who have 6 month things active.

since wow is my job, and i love to see people angry/excited

just paid the money NOW to get it now.
    legit so mad we never got anything for the eye... legit debating ditching it...
    Well I'd give you this: it looks rediculous

Quote Originally Posted by Frimelda View Post
    So from what I gather in this thread, the paypigs continue to pay Blizz for bad practices as an attempt to try to 'own' the haters that don't actually care what you do with your money.
    So it's easier/better to insult people because you have a different opinion? Just because you dislike something doesn't mean it is bad practice or anything. Personally, I don't mind getting a free item + free month for my 6 month sub that I know I will be playing off and on. I'm also not letting my enjoyment get ruined by those who want them (if I wasn't getting them) and those who don't.

giving my money to a mega corporation to own the op

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    You're misremembering. It was dropped at a time that subs were in the dumps (Uldir).
    that was the first one i was wrong, but the other 2 have been available instantly from the store.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    hahahaha my post went places after all

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    what a dumb reason to waste money

I hope OP is secretly blizzard

OT: what bothers me more than the fact they sell transmogs is that it looks so terrible... at least the explorer's league set looks cool, they should've sold that on the shop directly, since I don't want to create a second account for that recruit a friend crap

and in general I am against selling these things for real money, but since you can buy this with battle net balance (therefore you can buy it with gold), it's like putting a gold price on it, and that price is currently around 300000 gold... that makes it at least ok in my book