Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    1. yes its free, take even a highschool course on marketing and you will maybe learn something
    2. yeah no, the sun aint free either by your logic, cause you gotta pay for food and housing and all this other stuff to be able to live to enjoy the sun.
    1: ok lol
    2:Nope try again, the sun is actually free, you should try it. (correction, the sun is not free cus of YOUR logic)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    This is hilarious, you pay a sub for WoW and think they are giving stuff for free.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    Blizzard: "You felplague, you are our 1 billionth player, you get this free car!"

Makemelaugh: "ITS NOT FREE, CAUSE YOU HAD TO BUY A SUB TO GET IT, ITS NOT FREE, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

that is you right now. grow the fuck up, maybe edjucate yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfaheart View Post
    I love how you can't grasp simple phrases that go against your invalid argument then call people triggered when you're getting absolutely shit on (for good reason). Very insightful 10/10 keep it up

OT: is free shipping a scam then?
    It.. would be wasted time to explain that to you, indirectly to felplague. Not very kind now don't you think?
    I think you should reread if you are so interested, it's already hard explaining it.. when a person thinks he has to pay for the sun lol.

But I want to thank you as well for your input, very helpfull.

Edit: I think you are either confused/quoted wrong post or just lost idk, weird post.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2020-10-20 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    This is hilarious, you pay a sub for WoW and think they are giving stuff for free.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    If you pay for X then they add Y for no extra charge then yes Y is free for those that paid for X

Quote Originally Posted by Kilik View Post
    That's not how marketing works. They don't care about who deserves what. They care about locking you in for the longest time possible.

Giving it to 1 month subs would give the set to everyone anyway.
    What would be better is to give it to people who are subbed for the last 6 months consecutively, regardless of the plan, but again, they don't care about that. They want to bait you right now to buy the next 6 months.
    Well, i guess Blizzard isn't regarded as a trash company for no reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Knock it off with the semantics debate and bickering please

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Blizzard: "You felplague, you are our 1 billionth player, you get this free car!"

Makemelaugh: "ITS NOT FREE, CAUSE YOU HAD TO BUY A SUB TO GET IT, ITS NOT FREE, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

that is you right now. grow the fuck up, maybe edjucate yourself.
    Lol look at this guy, hilarious. Paying for a sub and thinking he's getting stuff for free.

Damn, blizz is so nice, everytime they launch an expansion, we get free patches until the next expansion.

BEST.COMPANY.EVER!

Can’t stop laughing.

I mean... it's cute... but not $20 cute.

Now I'm not gonna go on a tangent about how sets obtainable in-game are gonna suffer because Blizz now sells transmogs on their store, because I fully believe that about 90% of sets in Shadowlands look fucking amazing (especially that Maw Raid Plate, god yes gimme). But, it is a shame that a game that has millions of subs, is reportedly making a bigger profit year after year, ends up selling mounts and pets and other cosmetics separately from the game instead of just packing them into a fun questline, or a minigame, or an achievement, or whatever the hell else they can lock them behind.

So... eh, it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Donovan4893 View Post
    Nope doesn't count, you only get the promotion if you go through the subscription service, just stand alone gametime doesn't count and hasn't counted for these 6 month promotions other then the first dreadwake one.
    Wow. Im just now finding out about this. Used to work this way when i would buy gametime like this, its been a while. Fucking trash and i still cant believe it.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    It's 20 euros here. 20 euros for a transmog set. FFXIV has a problem where they put more and more outfits to the store. I thought WoW was safe but they saw that literally anyone is gonna throw their money on a transmog set even tho we already paying sub.

Fuck sakes.
    I would honestly constantly pay for sets if they were priced at 5€ or so.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    I mean... it's cute... but not $20 cute.

Now I'm not gonna go on a tangent about how sets obtainable in-game are gonna suffer because Blizz now sells transmogs on their store, because I fully believe that about 90% of sets in Shadowlands look fucking amazing (especially that Maw Raid Plate, god yes gimme). But, it is a shame that a game that has millions of subs, is reportedly making a bigger profit year after year, ends up selling mounts and pets and other cosmetics separately from the game instead of just packing them into a fun questline, or a minigame, or an achievement, or whatever the hell else they can lock them behind.

So... eh, it is what it is.
    It is a sad thing, but its a required thing, realize yes profits are up, but companies need to expand and grow. companies that just "stagnate" do not last long. nor do games that "stagnate" last long either, look to hots, which was doing rather well but not VERY well, look to the same with starcraft, tons of players, but its stagnated and well now its cancelled.

not a single MMO out there is sub only, because sub only does not work in the economy, it just does not. it needs support, it did almost 20 years ago, but we are in a very different time. especially since the sub price has stayed the same since... almost 20 years ago, when it should have increased as money inflated.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Lol this free argument is good stuff.
    Keep going, guys.

In this specific case, did the 6 month sub price increase with the addition of this set?
    If it did, it was not a "free gift" (you know, the redundant marketing lingo people use to trick the feeble).
    If the price didn't change, it is a "free gift" (see above re: redundant marketing lingo).

The thing is, they give things like this away for "free", in some cases (such as this, when you buy 6 months sub) because they are, in fact, trying to purchase YOU to stay subbed longer by giving you these "value added bonuses", which are nothing more than actual valueless things.
    The cherry on top is, if you don't want to sub for 6 months (which, to be fair, is the better deal should you choose to play each month of its subscription), you get to pay actual money to get this.

So, the answer to your argument is: It is both free and not free, at the same time.
    Blizzard is giving you a value added bonus in an attempt to get you to sub for longer (if you are not a 6 month subber) and remain around, while the ones who have revolving 6 month subs (auto-renew) just get it as a "thanks for your money".

It is a sad thing, but its a required thing, realize yes profits are up, but companies need to expand and grow. companies that just "stagnate" do not last long. nor do games that "stagnate" last long either, look to hots, which was doing rather well but not VERY well, look to the same with starcraft, tons of players, but its stagnated and well now its cancelled.

not a single MMO out there is sub only, because sub only does not work in the economy, it just does not. it needs support, it did almost 20 years ago, but we are in a very different time. especially since the sub price has stayed the same since... almost 20 years ago, when it should have increased as money inflated.
    or maybe just make a good game and dont lose millions of subs

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    or maybe just make a good game and dont lose millions of subs
    Man that sounds so easy, why dont you do it and become a billionaire if it is that easy?
    but you must be a genius if you can do it while literally no other company in the entire world can do it!

The orc dancing with this thing at the end of the video is ridiculously hilarious.

Gods, the stupidity in this thread is again overwhelming.

Instead of enjoying a free transmog, people just bitch.

Looks ugly, wont buy it.

About the other discussion - wont paticipate. It's just blizzard business move.

Man that sounds so easy, why dont you do it and become a billionaire if it is that easy?
    but you must be a genius if you can do it while literally no other company in the entire world can do it!
    i dont know wtf you are talking about, blizzard clearly did it before they got lazy and realized they can just make lazy ass content and feed on whales

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    I would honestly constantly pay for sets if they were priced at 5€ or so.
    I hear this alot tbh and I agree. I mean why are these things 20 euro?