Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Warlock race choices in SL.

So in prep for SL I decided to dust off my ol Warlock and transfer to Horde.
    The Bloodmallet templates don't currently have Warlock data and I was wondering what the best race is (Horde side) for PvE focused content?
    Mythic raid progression in the world 1,500-2,000 range, keys in the sub 20 range. I've done keys over 20 but they're not a huge prio for me.

I'd be looking to play Destro or Affi depending on tuning, so the races that jumped to mind were Goblin for 1% haste and some mobility while Belf has 1% crit and AoE purge.

Any insight would be nice, I know race choices aren't a huge mathematical advantage but why not?

Toss up between Troll and Orc i'd say for dps numbers. Main stat is massive on Beta right now and Blood Fury is a 2min CD that stacks with other things so i'm leaning towards Orc right now. 1% Pet damage too but..that's very very minor.

Probably troll and gobbo again since it's been troll and gobbo since basically forever.

Also, spec is way more important than race. If demo is king shit and destro is in the bin, a demo vulpera lock will dab on a destro troll lock every day of the week.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Play whichever one you like best.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

It's almost entirely aesthetic. But troll and orc tend to be stable good locks
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    The Bloodmallet templates don't currently have Warlock data and I was wondering what the best race is (Horde side) for PvE focused content?
    Mythic raid progression in the world 1,500-2,000 range, keys in the sub 20 range. I've done keys over 20 but they're not a huge prio for me.

I'd be looking to play Destro or Affi depending on tuning, so the races that jumped to mind were Goblin for 1% haste and some mobility while Belf has 1% crit and AoE purge.

Any insight would be nice, I know race choices aren't a huge mathematical advantage but why not?
    Orc ranks pretty high and if you do want to PvP they have by far the best racial for PvP. Just an added bonus if you're thinking you might want to dabble.

Thanks guys, solid input.
    Now if only SL would come out, I find no reason to play Pre-patch.

berserking is always good and shares cd with the cds of all 3 specs (Darkglare 3 min, infernal 3 min, tyrant 1.5 min) so you can macro it and forget about it completely

bloodfury is good aswell, can be macroed into dark soul+trinkets (could be better than berserking for aff depending how good the talent for darkglare CD is)

1% haste and having rocket jump as a panic button is also nice to have
    Last edited by valky94; 2020-10-21 at 07:03 PM.

Undead for coolness > 1% increase

For burst I went Troll. That 10% haste can be juicy in certain situations. Just wish they had boots

Orc if your serious about pvp.

Otherwise play what you want. the dps gains are negligible these days.

I really like having rocket jump on my warlock and the dps amount is very close.

Quote Originally Posted by Malekius View Post
    For burst I went Troll. That 10% haste can be juicy in certain situations. Just wish they had boots
    Dazar’alor set covers the toes at least.

Quote Originally Posted by sensei- View Post
    Dazar’alor set covers the toes at least.
    It might be that the pictures I found online aren't precise, but it looks more like it just adds a shackle above the feet, not really working like a boot.

ps: Looking behind a troll's feet, even Zandalari. You can't unsee it.

UD !

And with Thrall, Garrosh and Voljin out of the picture, we now have the best race leader, smooth and... wait !

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Undead for coolness > 1% increase
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninix View Post
    UD !

And with Thrall, Garrosh and Voljin out of the picture, we now have the best race leader, smooth and... wait !
    Dark Lady watch over you.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Blood elf is the only choice.

Arcane torrent, plus looking good while you do it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Undead for coolness (that vanilla cinematic, still).

Vulpera for fox puns. If puns are important to you. If they're not, you're a monster.

On topic - for pure min/maxxing dps it's going to generally be troll or orc, as said.

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post

Undead for affli or destro, orc for demo. Entirely for flavor reasons.

Or of course vulpera, for ...different flavor reasons.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.