Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So it have come to this huh....who knew.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardoc View Post
    Came here for FelPlague defending this, was not dissapointed.

I know it’s quite funny, its frothing at the mouth bad.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    Not really what I would class as the same thing.
    Pay real life money to get things ingame you cant get any other way? mmm i would call those microtransactions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    What about this then?

My favorite so far LOL
    Transgender Big Bad Wolf from someones very very disturbing, bad dream?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asparuch View Post
    Transgender Big Bad Wolf from someones very very disturbing, bad dream?
    where does the transgender thing come in?
    You saying only trans people can enjoy... wings and teal hoodies?

7+ Year Old Account
    Imagine being angry over a cosmetic
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    Lol this free argument is good stuff.
    Keep going, guys.

In this specific case, did the 6 month sub price increase with the addition of this set?
    If it did, it was not a "free gift" (you know, the redundant marketing lingo people use to trick the feeble).
    If the price didn't change, it is a "free gift" (see above re: redundant marketing lingo).

The thing is, they give things like this away for "free", in some cases (such as this, when you buy 6 months sub) because they are, in fact, trying to purchase YOU to stay subbed longer by giving you these "value added bonuses", which are nothing more than actual valueless things.
    The cherry on top is, if you don't want to sub for 6 months (which, to be fair, is the better deal should you choose to play each month of its subscription), you get to pay actual money to get this.

So, the answer to your argument is: It is both free and not free, at the same time.
    Blizzard is giving you a value added bonus in an attempt to get you to sub for longer (if you are not a 6 month subber) and remain around, while the ones who have revolving 6 month subs (auto-renew) just get it as a "thanks for your money".
    Yea I mean these kinds of things are never realy free and it's what I mentioned earlier is that when subbed.. you are already paying so here you go and thanks. As for pricing.. I have no idea, couldn't bother honestly.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2020-10-20 at 08:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see who thought this was a good idea.

I mean the set is nice. Definitely creative, but I like it.

My issue is around the whole concept of how to obtain it - and the fact that blizzard prevent silly transmogs (like hallow's end and co.) outside of their respective period. It gives the impression that you get more transmogrification freedom if you pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Bobby kotic does not work on wow, if blizz made literally 0 dollars he would still get 30 million dollar yearly bonus, i think you fail to realize a game needs to make decent money for it to be seen as worth to a company.

if a company costs 10 billion to run, and only makes 11 billion, while yes thats 1 billion dollar made! thats only a 10% gain, that is not worth the risk, cause if something went wrong it could throw the entire company under.

also lol "blizzard probably realised games like genshim impact can make 100 million dollars in under 1 month just from microtransactions"

didnt know blizzard were time travelers and realized genshim impact could make 100 million in a month, so then they went back in time to 2004 to add microtransactions to their game.
    When I read this I just laughed, first, there is no company around that has a 10 billion budget to run other than a country. second, if you can't grow a company on a billion-dollar 10% gain your just greedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashenhoof View Post
    Gods, the stupidity in this thread is again overwhelming.

Instead of enjoying a free transmog, people just bitch.
    Ofc, because it's like in real life, right. If someone give his fresh shit (like literally shit) you enjoy it, because it's free...
    It's quite sad than dear sir.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ognomad View Post
    When I read this I just laughed, first, there is no company around that has a 10 billion budget to run other than a country. second, if you can't grow a company on a billion-dollar 10% gain your just greedy.
    1. i think you fail to realize an example is just an example.
    2. a 10% gain is not enough, you need higher margins because that payment is too low of a risk.

So glad they did this as I did not want to do a 6 month sub and I have zero interest in this transmog.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asparuch View Post
    Ofc, because it's like in real life, right. If someone give his fresh shit (like literally shit) you enjoy it, because it's free...
    It's quite sad than dear sir.
    idk if you know... but this transmog is not literal shit... if what is left inside the toliet after you go to the bathroom is a pile of pixels in the shape of a hoodie, you need to see a doctor.

Hmm its pretty nice, In the ideal world it would've been an optainable item through ingame content but whatever, Cosmetic sets being sold for real money or as a 6 month sub reward, doesn't bother me.

Wake me up when you can buy a full set of mythic gear straight from the store.

I think this has to be the lowest effort they ever gave to their $$ vid.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Pay real life money to get things ingame you cant get any other way? mmm i would call those microtransactions.
    It’s a weak comparison, a few bonuses that no one hardly knew or cared about to a bribe tied to a 6 month subscription advertised in a in game shop. Whatever, you’ll defend it regardless and I’m not going to drawn on an argument on semantics.

There is one saving grace to stuff like this, you can spot morons in game far easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    That's always subjective. I don't think there are any really good armor sets before MoP; the graphic fidelity just isn't comparable to modern models. Some Legion Class hall sets were decent. There are some PvP sets from WoD that I want to buy still. I liked the Dazar'alor and Nyalotha sets, while I think the first raid tier in Shadowlands looks awful; that opinion isn't shared by others posting comments on those pages. Meanwhile, some of the covenant sets look pretty good. Heritage armor has been mostly good, though there are some pieces that I've been replacing with others or hiding because they just don't fit (e.g. Worgen shoulders).
    TBC Tier 6 was so good they recycled it in legion. that's hardly subjective
    Till water is gone, Till shade is gone. Into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath. To spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.

it's so fucking ugly .

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    This is what I keep thinking. Love it or hate it -but boy oh boy...everybody is just jumping at this.
    True, no matter the side, the shitshow is glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by Elese619 View Post
    Why does it matter? All you need to worry about is not participating in the microtransactions that Blizzard puts out thats it. end of story
    Sooo, if I get this for free since I have 6 month sub, am I participiating too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.