Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    I thought the mounts were bad.....

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post

Sooo, if I get this for free since I have 6 month sub, am I participiating too?
    "nothing is free" apparently so you might need to go back to month-to-month subs because you're a corporate shill for paying the same amount for the game and getting an added bonus /s

Looks like the shadow lands delay may be a lot longer than we expected

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    1. i think you fail to realize an example is just an example.
    2. a 10% gain is not enough, you need higher margins because that payment is too low of a risk.
    Yeah for a starting company, but if your an established company only making 10% gain you deserve to fail.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Yea I mean these kinds of things are never realy free and it's what I mentioned earlier is that when subbed.. you are already paying so here you go and thanks. As for pricing.. I have no idea, couldn't bother honestly.
    Yep.
    Nothing in the world is free, especially when it comes to product marketing.

The worst part is, it's horrendous.
    I get it, I mean you throw something like that out as an attractive bait to lure some people into 6packs, makes perfect sense.
    But does it have to be that... I dunno... gaudy?
    Even worse, I usually grab a 6-er with an expansion launch, since I plan to level and raid and such, so I'm gonna end up getting this garbage cloggin up the mog tab lol.

Honestly, ESO has way worse monetization practices than WoW. I'm surprised it took Blizzard this long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only thing I like about it is the wings. Rest is clown-looking. =/
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlehoff View Post
    TBC Tier 6 was so good they recycled it in legion. that's hardly subjective
    The fact some people liked it well enough to bring it back doesn't make it any less subjective of a decision whether one individual likes it. You can tell me that they're the best armor sets around. I can tell you I don't care for them. Neither is incorrect, because it's personal preference. That being said, TBC did have some really nice armor sets, in my opinion. I farmed the Absolution lookalike for my warlock back in Cata. I replaced it with the Shadowmoon set in WoD because I liked that one better.

I'm on a 6 month subscription. Haven't got it. Anyone else?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    Yep.
    Nothing in the world is free, especially when it comes to product marketing.

I get it, I mean you throw something like that out as an attractive bait to lure some people into 6packs, makes perfect sense.
    But does it have to be that... I dunno... gaudy?
    Even worse, I usually grab a 6-er with an expansion launch, since I plan to level and raid and such, so I'm gonna end up getting this garbage cloggin up the mog tab lol.
    I don't think it will ever change like that, people like (free) stuff, simple as that. It is what it is realy I am afraid. I mean what would you do as company to lure people? free icescream that you still need to make (invest more time) or flatout buy?
    Idk I am always skeptical about these things on that front ,I mean was raised with the hard truth that in the end you always pay for everything. Maybe thats some weird dutch saying, sad part about it is that it is actually true lol.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2020-10-20 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by naeblis495 View Post
    it's so fucking ugly .
    Depends on the model. For many of the Horde factions, it looks pretty ugly unless you're a Blood Elf... but that's Horde for you! Looks much better on Alliance models that tend to have more slim builds and more standard 'human' proportions. Also, the pictures that Blizz released are more unflattering than how the set actually looks, so someone in PR needs to start looking for work!
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    Check the Gifts tab on the Battle.net app.

The most important information is .... "6-Month".
    Shadowland will be out in 2021.

Enjoy the new leveling system !

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    Aside liking it being subjective, isn't it good that many people think it is horrendous. Imagine it would be a really glorious amazing shiny beautyful transmog. The bitching about being forced (forced I say) to pay €20 for it would ddos this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post

Give it a couple days, you'll get it no later than october 30th. It's right in the announcement.

If you put this transmog on, you should automatically be put into Warmode, and be killable by your own faction

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Depends on the model. For many of the Horde factions, it looks pretty ugly unless you're a Blood Elf... but that's Horde for you! Looks much better on Alliance models that tend to have more slim builds and more standard 'human' proportions. Also, the pictures that Blizz released are more unflattering than how the set actually looks, so someone in PR needs to start looking for work!
    nah , it's pretty much ugly on any race . the only thing i can stand on this thing is maybe the helm. The rest : severly unappealing.

The "gay fairy" look is horrendeous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bitterwinter View Post
    Sad that another tmog is behind a paywall - but oh well, we all knew this was going to happen again at some point. I think it looks hideous though
    I just equipped it on a few of my chars and it’s meh. Definitely wouldn’t have wasted money on it, but since I got it as part of my 6 month sub I figured why not.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Mine just showed up in the launcher gift notifier to be claimed as a 6mo subscriber.

Quote Originally Posted by Cnfzs View Post
    I have no issues with this yet but the new transmog tab in the shop is a bit concerning. I feel that the quality of armor sets obtainable in games always suffers when companies start to sell costumes etc.
    Not true. FFXIV has a HUGE store to buy cosmetics from, all without sacrificing the quality of gear earned in-game. If WoW's "normal" gear (i.e earned via simply playing) were all super detailed and polished, then I'm certain players will have less of an issue with optional cosmetics as they do now.

Granted WoW's armor sets have gotten better and better with each expansion, but they still need some tender loving care.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    its not gear, its just transmog.... they are not selling gear.

- - - Updated - - -

this is how it worked exactly the other 3 times so its not changing.
    anyone who has a 6 month sub running gets it for free.
    Its still gear, even though it doesnt have stats on it. Hope Blizzard keep making these kind of sets and sell them, absolute horror.