Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    In wod they had gold making with the companions. In cataclysm jewelcrarting was op. I had every profession and it’s really hard. I made like 400k gold. Prospecting and making gems. I really don’t see how you make more than 1 million in 6 months. Sooo... 20 million? 50 million? There are people with so much gold. Caps on multiple chars. How? Cheats? Either way it’s s big eff you. Soo... they need to do something. But it will cause inflation. The only fair way is grinding. But they want AH skill. So.... what do right? IDK

isn't buying tokens and selling them an option?

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
    isn't buying tokens and selling them an option?
    Always has been.

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    is this legit ? BFA was a concerted effort to absolutely funnel gold out of the economy with massive gold sinks everywhere and SL's dosnt seem to have an obvious source of gold gain.

Was hoping they would take a step back on gold suck.
    Any obvious source of gold?

Farming? Questing? Arent those the defacto most obvious sources of gold in the game? They are still there bro

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    They are never hard but it turns into a gear check.
    Thats the excuse people always make when content is too hard for them :P
    Extremism and radicalisation is the bane of society

10+ Year Old Account
    On the subject of dropping certain professions to only relearn them later: if you drop, say Blacksmithing which you've had since vanilla or TBC, when you relearn you, do you have all the same recipes you did before, that may not be in the game anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Any obvious source of gold?

Farming? Questing? Arent those the defacto most obvious sources of gold in the game? They are still there bro

- - - Updated - - -

Thats the excuse people always make when content is too hard for them :P
    I mean... I'm not talking about doing content the proper way I'm talking about selling carries.

You have to out gear it somewhat .

I mean... I'm not talking about doing content the proper way I'm talking about selling carries.

You have to out gear it somewhat .
    Not really.

MoP challenge modes scaled your gear level down, didnt stop people from 4 man carrying them anyway.

Not really.

MoP challenge modes scaled your gear level down, didnt stop people from 4 man carrying them anyway.
    They didn't scale down gem slots. I know I sold a ton of them...

With full gems and bis stats you out geared them to carry in most cases. It was possible to do it without that but it made it a lot harder.

Many old crafting recipes makes gear with 2 or 3 gem slots. Given that you can make the gear for just about any level under 50, is that a good gold source?

They didn't scale down gem slots. I know I sold a ton of them...

With full gems and bis stats you out geared them to carry in most cases. It was possible to do it without that but it made it a lot harder.
    They didnt but you are severely overstating how much stats you got from them. Bis stats are bis stats always. Doesnt mean you "outgear" content. Boosters boosted ppl because they had a lot of practise and where good at the game

They didnt but you are severely overstating how much stats you got from them. Bis stats are bis stats always. Doesnt mean you "outgear" content. Boosters boosted ppl because they had a lot of practise and where good at the game
    I really am not... having a full set of gem gear wasn't something to take lightly as the gems where not budgeted or scaled down for that content. It was on par with having an extra slot of gear worth of stats.

Sell Boost run, Sell mount run.. what else do you want? Profession sell? Lmao those multi boxer are taking over gathering and mats bullshit right there so i wouldn't bother wasting time. PLay auction house sure.. whatever effective for you my man.

Use your credit card and buy it directly from Blizzard, obviously.

Did a few quick tests for farming old dungeons. Most WoD dungeons on normal(repeatable) seem to run around 400-500g per run, and around 700-800g on mythic. This is mostly by rounding up trash. Boss loot ia not so good.

Old reliable cata raids net about 700-900g on heroic, excluding short raids like baradin hold or throne of winds.

I haven't yet tested mop or wod raids. Legion stuff is also on the list now that it obeys legacy loot rules. And I have to imagine that once we're all 60, farming BFA dungeons and raids will be more viable as well.

I really am not... having a full set of gem gear wasn't something to take lightly as the gems where not budgeted or scaled down for that content. It was on par with having an extra slot of gear worth of stats.
    I know they wherent scaled down, i already agreed to that. But their combined worth wasnt as much as you think, and its not something the boosters i know went out of their way to get, as it wasnt needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    We all know the game has several options when it comes to making gold (professions, AH playing, etc), but apparently the raw gold from farming and selling old content drops (i.e. raids) has been slashed by about 70%. I myself have always enjoyed farming old raids to get missing transmog pieces while also collecting a hefty amount of gold, but this is no longer possible. So, this is basically aimed towards those who played the beta, what are some options to make gold? Do we have a mission table with gold rewards as we did in Draenor? Do world quests give more gold? Or did they just decide to give a big "fuck you" to people who ran old instances?
    You can still run Legion, and eventually, BfA raids and dungeons for gold drops.
    There’s always gathering professions, usually herbalism and mining, to make a buttload of gold at the beginning of the xpac. Herbalism usually stays pretty relevant thru the xpac.

I know they wherent scaled down, i already agreed to that. But their combined worth wasnt as much as you think, and its not something the boosters i know went out of their way to get, as it wasnt needed.
    I mean that's fine I doubt every group did but it was extremely common to.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Did a few quick tests for farming old dungeons. Most WoD dungeons on normal(repeatable) seem to run around 400-500g per run, and around 700-800g on mythic. This is mostly by rounding up trash. Boss loot ia not so good.

Old reliable cata raids net about 700-900g on heroic, excluding short raids like baradin hold or throne of winds.

I haven't yet tested mop or wod raids. Legion stuff is also on the list now that it obeys legacy loot rules. And I have to imagine that once we're all 60, farming BFA dungeons and raids will be more viable as well.
    I haven't touched any dungeons, only WoD raids, and in my experience it's netting about a third of the gold it used to yield before prepatch. I realized WoD raids were much more efficient to run compared to Cata ones since you could easily leave them and farm again twice (changing difficulties), not to mention they don't have nearly as much RP as DS does. I'm gonna run Skyreach and see what the fuss is about, people said it yielded ~450 gold in about 4 minutes before prepatch, but one can only run the same place so many times before it gets tedious.

-edit-

I just finished running Skyreach on Mythic and earned 264 gold. By the way, I'm pretty sure they hit the gold sell value on every item, not just WoD and earlier drops, so Legion won't be nearly as lucrative as WoD and such were before prepatch. Not to mention that Legion has almost zero weapon drops because of Artifacts, and weapons are the drops that sell for the most.
    Last edited by Chromell; 2020-10-20 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post

I just finished running Skyreach on Mythic and earned 264 gold. By the way, I'm pretty sure they hit the gold sell value on every item, not just WoD and earlier drops, so Legion won't be nearly as lucrative as WoD and such were before prepatch. Not to mention that Legion has almost zero weapon drops because of Artifacts, and weapons are the drops that sell for the most.
    On that note: You can alsos run Ramparts in TBC in about 3 minutes on normal for just under 200g after vendoring everything. Theoretically you can hit the instance cap and switch characters I guess. But it's probably not the most efficient.

- - - Updated - - -

Ran out of time today. Only had enough to run Lost City of Tol Vir on normal. 183g after vendoring. Not great, but only took like 3-4 minutes.

yeah they nerfed the gold value of most of the items that drop in dungeons/raids pre legion.

can still get ok gold from trash heavy dungeons.

isn't the instance cap account wide now?