Page 1 of 32
... LastLast

Angry Still no release date announcement

Let's all reflect on the fact that it is already almost the original release date and there is still no new release date announcement.
    And also the new please-don't-leave-us desperate 6-month "promotion."
    2021 is looking more and more likely.

Do we even know when we are getting the icecrown event in pre patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    Let's all reflect on the fact that it is already almost the original release date and there is still no new release date announcement.
    Funny to look back at all the people who swore black and blue they would NEVER delay a release, despite the mounting evidence. I hope none of them put money on it, they might not be able to afford SL when it releases in January.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ActuaryBro View Post
    Do we even know when we are getting the icecrown event in pre patch?
    Not yet, no. I expect them to announce the release date, and with it the dates for the events.

they wont announce a new date until they are 100% sure this time

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    "Let's all reflect". So... you have something you can add to discussion?

A worldwide pandemic says hi. The 6 month promotional stuff happens every 6 months regardless. Nice to see the desperate spinning though.

If it needs delay until 21, so be it.

My guess is that Pre-patch Scourge event is post election day so the 10th or the 17th of Nov, then you have about 2 or 3 weeks of marinating in that, and then you have expac on the first or 2nd week of December the earliest.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This seems like a pretty pointless moan-post to me.

I wouldn't expect an announcement until about a month before the release, and I don't expect the release to be before December 1st, so I'd think an announcement would be very early November at the soonest. As others have said, they're likely intending to be certain this time. I don't think 2021 looks particularly likely, and you make no rational argument as to why it does.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post
    My guess is that Pre-patch Scourge event is post election day so the 10th or the 17th of Nov, then you have about 2 or 3 weeks of marinating in that, and then you have expac on the first or 2nd week of September the earliest.
    I know this is a typo and you fixed it after I saw but I really feel like in 2020 I would just be unsurprised if somehow after November we were back into September again.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    A worldwide pandemic says hi. The 6 month promotional stuff happens every 6 months regardless. Nice to see the desperate spinning though.

Hasn't it happened like 3 times already this year? I swear there was two mounts (the dragon & the parrot [I think???]), but I might be misremembering.

Soon™ I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Volson View Post
    Soon™ I guess
    I figured most of the talk about how "broken" the game is was just the usual hyperbole and drama talk, but after playing beta and prepatch - yikers. Shes a total mess - not so much one big problem, more just hundreds of small issues all building to a very, VERY messy crescendo.

I am happier with "soon" compared to releasing it in a state even close to what it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I figured most of the talk about how "broken" the game is was just the usual hyperbole and drama talk, but after playing beta and prepatch - yikers. Shes a total mess - not so much one big problem, more just hundreds of small issues all building to a very, VERY messy crescendo.

I am happier with "soon" compared to releasing it in a state even close to what it is now.
    when blizzard delay expansion first time since tbc (which they delayed before having a date), you know its bad.

Yeah it might actually be delayed to next year.

They always knew they weren't gonna make the October release date, but announced it anyway because this way they knew fanboys would defend them saying "they'll only release it when it's ready, they're like old Blizzard again".

Then they'll release it next year and it's still gonna be a mess and covenants are gonna be shit.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting timing on this thread OP. You got a guess when the date will be? Or did you just throw this out there to bait people into saying "March?"
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post

Except that the last promotion was in July, so no it is not every 6 months. This is a "please don't leave us, because of the delay" promotion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Except that the last promotion was in July, so no it is not every 6 months. This is a "please don't leave us, because of the delay" promotion.
    July 9th.
    October 20th

yeah only (almost) 4 months, so yeah it is a bit shorter. good point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Interesting timing on this thread OP. You got a guess when the date will be? Or did you just throw this out there to bait people into saying "March?"
    Is it interesting timing for me or interesting timing for Blizzard who decided to throw out another 6-month promotion, 3.5 months after the previous one.

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    when blizzard delay expansion first time since tbc (which they delayed before having a date), you know its bad.
    I thought it was bad by 'modern' standards, but until i spent some meaningful time with it, i had no idea how incomplete and just......rushed and messy it felt. It really does feel like an indie title in a lot of ways - endless minor bugs and crashes (not hardware related, taking FP etc through mop was crashing a lot, intractable quest items causing crashes, that kinda thing).

Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    All the preorder said originally was 'by 12/31'. Regardless, it will come when it comes. It's their game to launch when the time comes. I don't run it, I'm not the CEO, and I didn't design it.

Unfortunately, lots of people on MMO-C seem to think they do, or should do, one or more of those roles.

Y'all are players. You can play the game, or not. That's the real choice you get. Anything else you're reaching pretty hard, telling the game company how to run their own game.
    You know they officially announced a release date, and then later retracted it and officially delayed the expansion, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah..and..so what?

People taking Blizzard to court over broken promises or people just playing SL no matter what?
    Didnt you hear? All Blizzard executives are going #StraightToJail for delaying Shadowlands, as foretold by countless armchair lawyers when they claimed there was ZERO chance they would or even legally COULD delay the launch.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You know they officially announced a release date, and then later retracted it and officially delayed the expansion, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Didnt you hear? All Blizzard executives are going #StraightToJail for delaying Shadowlands, as foretold by countless armchair lawyers when they claimed there was ZERO chance they would or even legally COULD delay the launch.
    If there is anyone who was claiming they could sue off of a delay they actually need to be shadow banned for being that stupid and forcing everyone to read that comment they posted