10+ Year Old Account
    Shocked that he's left the likes of Grealish and Kane on the bench, unless the former is carrying a knock from being kicked off the park the other night I see no reason to have Mount start over him.

Benching Kane for a very out of form Rashford is mindboggling.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Shocked that he's left the likes of Grealish and Kane on the bench, unless the former is carrying a knock from being kicked off the park the other night I see no reason to have Mount start over him.

Benching Kane for a very out of form Rashford is mindboggling.
    That winning goal was hilarious. But those count as well!

10+ Year Old Account
    The team that was put out shouldn't have won today, they did well to get the result they did.

But so much talent was left on the bench.

England are gonna win nothing under southgate. And I'd rank their squad is near enough the top 3 if selected right and assuming they turn up on the day without all the added pressure that comes with playing for england
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

lukaku was always a top player no idea why united binned him and kept pogba.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    lukaku was always a top player no idea why united binned him and kept pogba.
    He leaked luke shaw's sprint times. He was on burrowed time exposing that lardy lad

Deleting this post
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what it is I can't get into football this season. Doesn't help that we are losing every game due to refs fucking up and half the squad being out injured but i just want this season done with already can't see us staying up at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorged View Post
    I don't know what it is I can't get into football this season. Doesn't help that we are losing every game due to refs fucking up and half the squad being out injured but i just want this season done with already can't see us staying up at all.
    I get that and I feel similar. As a MU fan I've pretty much written off the season already. We won't be a real threat under Ole and while top4 is a possibility, we're just not consistent enough or improving enough where I feel any excitement at the moment. But even aside from that, I think the lack of fans at the stadiums and the over reliance on VAR so far makes the sport a lot less enjoyable. Sure, we don't want goals that were against the rules to be allowed due to lack of technology, but we've hit a point now where you can't celebrate goals because they might be taken away 2 minutes later. When you remove the ability to feel that instant joy and celebration of a goal, it's just a lot less fun to watch.

15+ Year Old Account
    I still don't get how VAR ruled out Liverpool's goal... while I welcomed the technology, mainly because of how successful it's been in Rugby, it's just been a shitshow in football thus far, or at least in the Premier League.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I saw that VVD is going to need surgery and will be out for months, a noise left my mouth that my body has never produced before. It was a moment of shock, horror and disbelief unlike anything I have ever experience before.

10+ Year Old Account
    94 games in a row ended by Pickford flying in like a loon.

And yes over ruling that goal for offside is just ugh. I was also surprised that Mane didn't get sent off for kicking out ala Beckham before Richarlisons red card.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    I still don't get how VAR ruled out Liverpool's goal... while I welcomed the technology, mainly because of how successful it's been in Rugby, it's just been a shitshow in football thus far, or at least in the Premier League.
    Because, at least in the PL, the VAR is manned by incompetent officials. When refs are basically untouchable by the system, making mistakes will happen over and over.

Then their statement: They didn't review the challenge because they reviewed the offside, but can't retroactively punish it because it had been reviewed. They make no fucking sense
    Last edited by DrMcNinja; 2020-10-20 at 07:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This whole "helping those who can't help themselves" culture that Rashford started is getting ridiculous.

Two games in a row now we've had to score for other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Because VAR is set up to fail in the premier league. The Premier League (and FA) never wanted VAR in the first place and only after the world cup and successful season of it being used in the European tournaments (Europa league and Champions league) did public pressure force them into it. They put it in place in such a way that people will hate it.

Last season when the crowds were chanting "Fuck VAR." I'm certain those in the FA and premier league offices were rubbing their hands together with glee knowing that another season or 2 like it they can go "Experiment failed. Remove all tech."

10+ Year Old Account
    If they could get officials like the referee in the United match last night, then we wouldn’t need it. Instead we get the worst of both.

Marcus Rashford proves yet again hes quite a special talent on and off the pitch.

Fred and tuanzebe were great. And Telles providing some accurate crosses from the left for once is quite exciting.

Obviously two games ago they got a trashing from spurs, but there is potential in this squad. If only they can be more consistent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Because VAR is set up to fail in the premier league. The Premier League (and FA) never wanted VAR in the first place and only after the world cup and successful season of it being used in the European tournaments (Europa league and Champions league) did public pressure force them into it. They put it in place in such a way that people will hate it.

Last season when the crowds were chanting "Fuck VAR." I'm certain those in the FA and premier league offices were rubbing their hands together with glee knowing that another season or 2 like it they can go "Experiment failed. Remove all tech."
    At the same time though, most people know it's not the system that's the problem. It's silly rules combined with shit refs.

So Ozil was excluded from the Arsenal squad for the Premier League. He was already excluded for the Europa League, so he's not playing this year.

- - - Updated - - -

GOAAAL. I was not expecting Porto to score 1st.

BS penalty really.