Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The tuning is a bit weird. I really hope they fix it. Had my char at level 45 from before, heirlooms enchants and a bm hunter. Since she can't level in WoD in Chromie time (already did WoD), went to level in BfA zones. 1-2 mobs almost can kill my pet. Ouchie. She decimated WoD mobs (did the intro scenario I usually skip with the Timeless Isle campfire method, thinking Chromie would reopen WoD for me, which wasn't the case). The minute she stepped to BfA zones pet is like wet noodle.

Leveling feels a lot better now, but personally I still don't like retail talent "trees". Also, I think they could add some optional affixes for leveling (similar to the npc who turned XP off) so that mobs don't die in a second and can use some of their abilities. That would make me interested in leveling some more chars.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Mind blown. That is not obvious, thank you.
    Np. Personally I would have preferred it if the Vanilla zones and endgame Cataclysm zones were separate, but oh well, this is good too.

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    Is this really a bug? I assumed that it was intentional that Kul Tirans and Zandalari Trolls skipped the intro experience for BFA. I leveled a ZT in 8.3 and the same thing happened there. Skipped the intro quest and went straight to the quest table to choose a zone. It made sense to me at the time. I was actually curious what would happen there, and seeing that it happened like that didn't make me raise any eyebrows. The fact that it also happens with Kul Tirans just settles it even further in my mind that it's probably intentional.
    your experience makes sense, but my quest table dont have any quests.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    my thought is leveling in retail feels disgusting atm.

got 10-50 in 7 hours. it should have never been possible

wow is no longer mmorpg in my eyes - its mmo-instance symulator . its lost any right to be called rpg game

if you took 20 hours you must have been taking very long .....sessions in process for it to be so slow.

wont lie getting 1-20 in classic feels much more revarding them getting 1-50 in retail now.

disguested with what blizzard did to this game.
    You could try reading the quest text so its not just a leveling simulator and do some professions on the side.

I'm enjoying it so far. I have a Shaman to 28 in just over 5 hours /played leveled through Hellfire Peninsula. The biggest issue I can see is that post MoP expansions have inherently much much faster leveling processes with things like Bonus Objectives and Invasions and an overall smoother flow between quests. I've switched my expansion from BC to Legion and will see how much faster it is.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    my only beef with the level process is that if you're going to make fast-flying available at 40 then it should be at a price that a brand new person leveling to 40 can afford at level 40. Otherwise just make the level requirement higher but currently, you level so fast that there is little chance a new person or new to a faction person has 4500g by level 40.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    my only beef with the level process is that if you're going to make fast-flying available at 40 then it should be at a price that a brand new person leveling to 40 can afford at level 40. Otherwise just make the level requirement higher but currently, you level so fast that there is little chance a new person or new to a faction person has 4500g by level 40.
    This reminds me of playing on a Private Server with 10X leveling buff. I hit level 60 and couldn't afford spells, mount, profession recipes. There were a lot of level 60 bums just hanging around with green armor of varying types on trying to sell anything we could. We also bummed smokes and drank generic beer for a long time...lol

Definitely way more fun now.
    I love leveling in Cataclysm EK+K, but you would just outlevel the zones way too quickly.
    This is so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    Definitely way more fun now.
    I love leveling in Cataclysm EK+K, but you would just outlevel the zones way too quickly.
    This is so much better.
    I think they seriously need to address the expansion intro quests though - WoD in particular should have an option to skip straight to your garrison. Also encountering a LOT of bugs, but the pacing is fun for those who have been playing a long time and done it a bunch already.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I think they seriously need to address the expansion intro quests though - WoD in particular should have an option to skip straight to your garrison. Also encountering a LOT of bugs, but the pacing is fun for those who have been playing a long time and done it a bunch already.
    Oh, I know. Chromie time is completely broken. I somehow managed to lock one of my former 110 characters out of BFA. No breadcrumbs, not main quests once you get there by boat. Nothing. So now I have to reactivate Chromie Time and go level elsewhere.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    because the 5 quests leading up to the garrison are too much?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    Oh, I know. Chromie time is completely broken. I somehow managed to lock one of my former 110 characters out of BFA. No breadcrumbs, not main quests once you get there by boat. Nothing. So now I have to reactivate Chromie Time and go level elsewhere.
    no what you need to do is go back to chromie and choose to go back to the present timeline.

You are horribly mis-remembering the number of quests - by being so disingenuous, you hurt your "argument" - whatever that might be.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You are horribly mis-remembering the number of quests - by being so disingenuous, you hurt your "argument" - whatever that might be.
    Ok its a video of the dark portal, you go through and do under 20 quests with maybe 3 cutscenes. All that takes literally an hour or less (emphasis on less) and you're in your garrison. My point is stop crying about it. Oh i forgot to mention that youll probably gain 2-3 levels in that amount of time as well. Youre big sad about it im sure.

Ok its a video of the dark portal, you go through and do under 20 quests with maybe 3 cutscenes. All that takes literally an hour or less (emphasis on less) and you're in your garrison. My point is stop crying about it. Oh i forgot to mention that youll probably gain 2-3 levels in that amount of time as well. Youre big sad about it im sure.
    This seems overly hostile for such a simple opinion that i expressed. There really is no need to be so childish - you said it was "5 quests" in an extremely condescending and immature way, and now you are heavily backtracking to it being an hour and 20 quests. Your "point" is to "stop crying about it" when all i suggested is i would like the option to skip the introduction and get straight into the action.

- - - Updated - - -

no what you need to do is go back to chromie and choose to go back to the present timeline.
    I've done that back and forth multiple times. Still broken.
    It is a buggy mess.

I made a fresh account to get an understanding jwo it is to new players. I allready liked leveling a lot but the change is really awesome.

I leveled through BFA by doing only main storyline quests. But you need to have a list of all the quests from wowpedia to know which quests are side quests and main storyline quests. I ended up at 24 in Zuldazar and did bonus objectives to unlock Nazmir. Doing only main story quests in Nazmir ended me at 36 in Voldun. And I was done at 46 with doing only main story quests in Voldun. Thats included the foothold quests and 3 dungeons.

My only critique with the system is that its impossible for players to see in game if a quest belong to a main storyline or a side story line.

This is important because the main storyline belong together to tell the main story of the zone. And being able to do them all together without getting distracted by side quests is a much more deeper experience.

In the latest expansions half the quests are side story quests.

Thinking of the previous system and compared to this, the old system must have been very confusing for new players. Half the playerbase arent even at max level so with this system more people will level to max I hope.

I cant wait to start a vulpera now. And the fact that I can level him through dungeons to 35 and then dedicate him to only Vol'dun quests is amazing.

its fine but leveling isn't really fun anymore. We've been able to level fast since at least 2010 in cata. I recently leveled up some old alts and it was fine but at this point its just done to death. I don't believe any real wow players that still don't have every class at max level by now. At that point you're leveling again for 10-12hrs just to make another duplicate class with different skeleton and animation rig its like meh. Leveling alts should give you some tokens or something you can use to buy from a special vendor that has exclusive toy/transmog/mounts that actually incentivize you to level up alts to enhance your main with cool cosmetic features. Not just level up another slave alt to do "mount runs" with.

Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    I'm oneshotting mobs with judgement as a holy paladin and taking zero damage.

It might be my worst leveling experience yet.
    Then don’t go holy?

I have to say though, I wish we could choose to skip the Death Knight intro now... I'd rather send my fresh DK (not Allied race) to Exile's Reach than slog through WOTLK crap one more time.