Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    If there is anyone who was claiming they could sue off of a delay they actually need to be shadow banned for being that stupid and forcing everyone to read that comment they posted
    Oh it wasnt just one person, it was multiple people in multiple threads claiming it was ILLEGAL to delay SL now that they had announced the release date. It amazes me how short peoples memories are, but it absolutely 100% was a thing.

For some perspective - there are countless people also claiming the 6month sub + "free" item is done every 6 months, even though the last one was only like 3 months ago.

Honestly, go back and have a look at a few of the threads discussing SL launch possibly being in 2021 and it was mocked and laughed at by most. Im not saying it WILL be 2021 for sure, all im saying is the delay is a MASSIVE setback, that clearly shows Blizzard are extremely unhappy with the product. Recently, Blizzard have shown to be quite happy to release a broken ass wow patch/expansion rather than delay, so it makes me wonder just how bad it is.

Each persons perspective of how "broken" it is could be just a tiny slice of the pie.

Not to mention balancing issues with the gap being close to 40% between top and bottom. On some specific fights, its as much as 70% gap. Same skilled players, same ilvl, same fight experience. I do try to avoid the balancing rabbit hole for a few reasons - firstly, they are "working on it", so im happy to wait for the 'final product'. Secondly, its pre-patch, so who really cares if balance is bad, so long as it is fixed by launch.

However, it does bring up some major concerns for me regarding the bold on systems in SL - the way i see it, they will not be undertaking any major reworks of any classes now, so its pretty much what you see is what you get. What i fear they will do is try to use the bolt on systems to compensate for weaker specs, and given how the systems work in SL - i just see that being an absolute clusterfuck.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2020-10-20 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Oh it wasnt just one person, it was multiple people in multiple threads claiming it was ILLEGAL to delay SL now that they had announced the release date. It amazes me how short peoples memories are, but it absolutely 100% was a thing.

For some perspective - there are countless people also claiming the 6month sub + "free" item is done every 6 months, even though the last one was only like 3 months ago.

Honestly, go back and have a look at a few of the threads discussing SL launch possibly being in 2021 and it was mocked and laughed at by most. Im not saying it WILL be 2021 for sure, all im saying is the delay is a MASSIVE setback, that clearly shows Blizzard are extremely unhappy with the product. Recently, Blizzard have shown to be quite happy to release a broken ass wow patch/expansion rather than delay, so it makes me wonder just how bad it is.

Each persons perspective of how "broken" it is could be just a tiny slice of the pie.

Not to mention balancing issues with the gap being close to 40% between top and bottom. On some specific fights, its as much as 70% gap. Same skilled players, same ilvl, same fight experience. I do try to avoid the balancing rabbit hole for a few reasons - firstly, they are "working on it", so im happy to wait for the 'final product'. Secondly, its pre-patch, so who really cares if balance is bad, so long as it is fixed by launch.

However, it does bring up some major concerns for me regarding the bold on systems in SL - the way i see it, they will not be undertaking any major reworks of any classes now, so its pretty much what you see is what you get. What i fear they will do is try to use the bolt on systems to compensate for weaker specs, and given how the systems work in SL - i just see that being an absolute clusterfuck.
    I’m not even being silly here, people like that actually deserve a permanent shadow ban. Spreading something around that stupid or are just trolling to an extent that deserves it anyway.

People’s stupidity honestly surprises me.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah..and..so what?

People taking Blizzard to court over broken promises or people just playing SL no matter what?
    Well, I have a problem with it. I resubbed to get some alts leveled before SL. I thought that I'll level a bunch of alts, check out the new builds and organically roll into SL, but now it looks like I will have to un-sub again for who knows how long, possibly up to 5 months, and then when I'll come back to SL I will have to re-learn all my rotations etc. It is really annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    This seems like a pretty pointless moan-post to me.

I wouldn't expect an announcement until about a month before the release, and I don't expect the release to be before December 1st, so I'd think an announcement would be very early November at the soonest. As others have said, they're likely intending to be certain this time. I don't think 2021 looks particularly likely, and you make no rational argument as to why it does.

- - - Updated - - -

I know this is a typo and you fixed it after I saw but I really feel like in 2020 I would just be unsurprised if somehow after November we were back into September again.
    Lol, agreed, it's been a crazy year. Sometimes I watch old clips on youtube from before 2020 and it's kinda sad, can't wait till things go back to normal again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    Well, I have a problem with it. I resubbed to get some alts leveled before SL. I thought that I'll level a bunch of alts, check out the new builds and organically roll into SL, but now it looks like I will have to un-sub again for who knows how long, possibly up to 5 months, and then when I'll come back to SL I will have to re-learn all my rotations etc. It is really annoying.
    Lol "possibly up to 5 months", if they delay to 2021, it'll be Jan. Its not in THAT bad of shape.

Leveling is mostly fixed (just ran 50-60 yesterday, very smooth, felt good. Didn't run into any WQ issues so those may have been sorted, and no bugs preventing main quest progress).

At this point it's balancing and bug fixing, and they'll be balancing through heroic week.

10+ Year Old Account
    My insider sources tell me it already came out. We have the new loading screen and patch build to show for it.

They just removed Covenants, removed Soulbinds, removed the Shadowlands continent and questing zones, removed new NPC models and new spell effects, removed level cap of 60...

...they removed a lot of things. Enjoy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Video game delays are better then..well the what could of happened.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    2021 is looking more and more likely.
    I really hope so. Even prepatch is still a buggy ass mess.
    2020 is just not realistic if we want a properly functioning fun game.

What if the "Choose the next mount and everyone with Shadowlands gets it for free" was 100% because they KNEW it was going to be delayed

10+ Year Old Account
    and that is a good thing

Funny to look back at all the people who swore black and blue they would NEVER delay a release, despite the mounting evidence. I hope none of them put money on it, they might not be able to afford SL when it releases in January.
    I don't really think it's fair to poke at those people (and no, I'm not one of them) since it was all but unheard of for WoW until the moment they said it. This hasn't been done since BC, and it's a very different market now, and honestly, even though I didn't express an opinion on it either way beforehand, I wouldn't have considered a delay on the table, and was shocked when it happened. It just... wasn't feasibly in the conversation based on anything that could have formed an opinion on the matter in a WoW-centric context in the last decade. Even with 2020 being the crazy exception it has been, I was utterly floored and found it almost... negatively humanizing for Blizz to delay. Obviously it's best for the game, but it doesn't fit any WoW trends at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    I don't really think it's fair to poke at those people (and no, I'm not one of them) since it was all but unheard of for WoW until the moment they said it. This hasn't been done since BC, and it's a very different market now, and honestly, even though I didn't express an opinion on it either way beforehand, I wouldn't have considered a delay on the table, and was shocked when it happened. It just... wasn't feasibly in the conversation based on anything that could have formed an opinion on the matter in a WoW-centric context in the last decade. Even with 2020 being the crazy exception it has been, I was utterly floored and found it almost... negatively humanizing for Blizz to delay. Obviously it's best for the game, but it doesn't fit any WoW trends at all.
    When you look at the situation, i am shocked anyone was shocked.

- Many of the new systems had been receiving extremely negative feedback
    - Balancing was almost non-existent, with specs doing more than 200% of other specs
    - Entire specs where going through dramatic reworks just weeks before the launch
    - The leveling experience was in an extremely poor state, and still is
    - Recent Blizzard products have been delayed, and patches 'held back' from expected release dates
    - Countless other AAA games and major studios were and are delaying releases all over the place
    - As you said, the current WFH climate is not idea, and without a doubt had a major impact.

I know a lot of people didnt WANT a delay, but to rule one out was pretty naive, in my opinion.

- The leveling experience was in an extremely poor state, and still is
    It seems to mostly be cleaned up now. Didn't have any major issues over the past few days leveling on beta.

Just wish they'd get a date out so I can get the week off, not that I need more that a week of notice, but my wife's work schedules a month out ahead, so if they announce in the same month it's no bueno.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It seems to mostly be cleaned up now. Didn't have any major issues over the past few days leveling on beta.

Just wish they'd get a date out so I can get the week off, not that I need more that a week of notice, but my wife's work schedules a month out ahead, so if they announce in the same month it's no bueno.
    Yeah totally understand the work leave issue - im my own boss so i have the benefit of....well.....doing whatever i want in that respect. But for previous expansion i have taken a couple days off or similar to get to max level, but i honestly dont think i would this time round. Either way, Most of the issues i have encountered have been DC's due to what i assume are de-sync errors (im not a programmer, just how i would classify them) Mounting various quest mounts = dc, some FP causing DC, stuff like that.

Personally, i also think the Chromie stuff is an absolute shambles - i just dont know how any newer players would wrap their head around it. With the world scaling everything to our lvl, every single quest in the bloody game is showing as yellow. Previously, they would obviously either be grey, or not show at all unless you clicked on the NPC, now, its just quests everywhere every few steps you take, and its impossible without strong prior knowledge to know what quest fits with what timeline and expansion.

For some reason, i just assumed when you picked a timeline, you would be locked into that, and all quests not related to that timeline would be greyed out, but thats not the case. I was obviously wrong, so thats not on Blizzard, but i thought the idea of all the new leveling systems was to make it more user friendly, not less.

Yeah totally understand the work leave issue - im my own boss so i have the benefit of....well.....doing whatever i want in that respect. But for previous expansion i have taken a couple days off or similar to get to max level, but i honestly dont think i would this time round. Either way, Most of the issues i have encountered have been DC's due to what i assume are de-sync errors (im not a programmer, just how i would classify them) Mounting various quest mounts = dc, some FP causing DC, stuff like that.

Personally, i also think the Chromie stuff is an absolute shambles - i just dont know how any newer players would wrap their head around it. With the world scaling everything to our lvl, every single quest in the bloody game is showing as yellow. Previously, they would obviously either be grey, or not show at all unless you clicked on the NPC, now, its just quests everywhere every few steps you take, and its impossible without strong prior knowledge to know what quest fits with what timeline and expansion.

For some reason, i just assumed when you picked a timeline, you would be locked into that, and all quests not related to that timeline would be greyed out, but thats not the case. I was obviously wrong, so thats not on Blizzard, but i thought the idea of all the new leveling systems was to make it more user friendly, not less.
    I've done a bunch of chromie time leveling too, it seems fine to me for the most part (i haven't done EVERY quest), but you have to remember a brand new person is forced to go through bfa anyway, so they wouldn't see all the stuff, and if they choose to go through it any other way after i'm sure they can sort it out.

3+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking it might now be around December, since the new Sprite Darter only is available until the 13th of December. That means the raid may end up coming out in January
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean if your biggest worry in the world is being unable to take leave from work for the release of a "wow expansion" you should probably count your blessings man.

If we have to minorly inconvienience a few people to make the expansion actually good.. yeah Id say that is a trade unquestionably well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
    I mean if your biggest worry in the world is being unable to take leave from work for the release of a "wow expansion" you should probably count your blessings man.

If we have to minorly inconvienience a few people to make the expansion actually good.. yeah Id say that is a trade unquestionably well worth it.
    I mean, the expansion ain't changing that much over the delay, so I feel like a lot of people who want things like the "ripcord" will still be sorely disappointed. There was major bugs that needed to be sorted and balancing that needed to be done, and that's what most of the delay was about.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    July 9th.
    October 20th

yeah only (almost) 4 months, so yeah it is a bit shorter. good point.
    I am fairly certain that the promos don't actually come out lined up exactly six months a part. I remember another promo mount this expansion coming out while a few of my guild mates already had a current 6-month promo going on. Can't tell you which one, but I'm pretty sure I remember this happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, the expansion ain't changing that much over the delay, so I feel like a lot of people who want things like the "ripcord" will still be sorely disappointed. There was major bugs that needed to be sorted and balancing that needed to be done, and that's what most of the delay was about.
    Yes. What is your point?