Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Thing is $20 on it’s own.

Clearly meant as a way to exploit the unhealthily addicted and whales.

That’s what’s wrong about it.

Otherwise, it’s not even cool or remarkable in a good way. Genuinely. It looks like bad holiday garb with wings taped on.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2020-10-20 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    Otherwise, it’s not even cool or remarkable...
    Based on the number of comments I'd say a fair number of people are finding it remarkable...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoy View Post
    New Transmog - Sprite Darter's Wings with 6-Month Sub or for Separate Purchase
    A new transmog is available in the in-game store called Sprite Darter's Wings. This 8-piece set is available with the purchase of a 6-month subscription to WoW (most likely will also be given to those who currently have a 6-month sub). You can also purchase it separately in a new store tab called Transmogs.

Fuck wept. I should have seen this coming, of course there's a new 6 month carrot to coerce more subs during the memelands delay
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    Fuck wept. I should have seen this coming, of course there's a new 6 month carrot to coerce more subs during the memelands delay
    iknowright? best xmog in the game in the cash shop. that's it blizz, i'm out!

I know right? You know what will teach them a lesson? Don't fall for this, just pay month to month and in 6 months when Blizzard has an extra $24 of your money they will lower their head in shame and realize what a terrible thing they have done.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    I'm on a 6 month subscription. Haven't got it. Anyone else?
    I also havent, but a friend did

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sensei View Post
    I know right? You know what will teach them a lesson? Don't fall for this, just pay month to month and in 6 months when Blizzard has an extra $24 of your money they will lower their head in shame and realize what a terrible thing they have done.
    The winning move is not to play. I am winning
    Wrath baby and proud of it

great now there is store transmogs
    it will be like free to play ARPG
    actual gear you earn looks like complete dogshit
    but the store sets look amazing
    no no no no no no no
    we need to riot like we did about the helms again

The winning move is not to play. I am winning
    I too frequent forums for games I don't play. #LookAtMeLookAtMEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yikes. Didn't we have a 6 month thing like 3 months ago?

Also what kind of degenerate misguided individual thought it was a good idea to show this off on an orc or a tauren, male ones at that?
    Edit: See https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post52741688
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-10-21 at 12:02 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Cnfzs View Post
    I have no issues with this yet but the new transmog tab in the shop is a bit concerning. I feel that the quality of armor sets obtainable in games always suffers when companies start to sell costumes etc.
    I don't think it'll be as excessive as you believe. Look at literally anything else in the store: I'd rather my in-game Glacial Tidestorm or Hivemind mount over a shop mount (of which I own most). I'd rather any number of battle pets over the ones in the store (as the store ones aren't anything great). I highly doubt they're going to make the good stuff only (or even mostly) in the shop. If it's anything like mounts, pets, etc, it'll be years before they even have six outfits .. and they'll probably be hit or miss.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    great now there is store transmogs
    it will be like free to play ARPG
    actual gear you earn looks like complete dogshit
    but the store sets look amazing
    no no no no no no no
    we need to riot like we did about the helms again
    I agree, they need to hire TBC armor guy/gal back and make some decent looking gear. Instead they are going to go down this path of buying transmog gear.

This however, looks like GRADE A SHIT.
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

pathetic. have been playing this game since day one and my sub is finishing in 38 hours.
    THis is the first time I cancelled my 1 month sub of all these years.

btw since I paid monthly for 16 years now? - I should be the most deserving to get any kind of stuff in game.
    1 month sub is more expensive.

anyway just pathetic. I want this game prosper, see alive servers packed with people. i do not want to feel depressed looking for a guild after guild through 1 expansion. everybody quits. but this?

guess, I will see diablo 4 and see how they wreck their own franchise and blizz I grew up with, owe so much will finally be dead for me.

LOL And they model it on an Orc no less. Not sure if the marketing team are trolls or just inept.

Quote Originally Posted by akaTheDude View Post
    I agree, they need to hire TBC armor guy/gal back and make some decent looking gear. Instead they are going to go down this path of buying transmog gear.

This however, looks like GRADE A SHIT.
    yeah but its a slippery slope
    putting their foot in the water,
    and eventually it will be like mounts, uniqe good looking mount on shop, nzoth worm recolor#8754 for doing an actual achievment in game. And soon it will be unique set from gear shop, or recolor from mythic raid

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Yikes. Didn't we have a 6 month thing like 3 months ago?

Also what kind of degenerate thought it was a good idea to show this off on an orc or a tauren, male ones at that?
    You beat me to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    yeah but its a slippery slope
    putting their foot in the water,
    and eventually it will be like mounts, uniqe good looking mount on shop, nzoth worm recolor#8754 for doing an actual achievment in game. And soon it will be unique set from gear shop, or recolor from mythic raid
    I'm not a fan of the game shop on a subscription-based game, but if Blizzard is going to go full greedy, I hope they put the Brutosaur mount model on the shop. It's about the only mount in the entire game I'd spend actual cash shop level money on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Highlighted the important part.
    So it is just about wanting free stuff. Isn't that weird? That anything is fine as long as you get stuff for free.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

my sub ended 2 days ago, blizz trying to bait me back with this?? Cmon now... this is terrible lol.

Also, not sure why they thought this stupid crap was a good look. Who does it look good on other than Night Elves?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    You beat me to it.
    Ah well it's actually just the OP that rushed this and made these sceenshots I guess. I thought this was official marketing material. It shows it on whatever character you are logged in on, so it's not someone at Blizzard thinking that this would sell more of them that way (not that it looks much better on community favorite models), that makes it alot less degenerate and more misguided .
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.