Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What was the first concert you went to?

It was blink 182 for me.

My family went to a Harry Belafonte concert in 1990.

But the first concert I went to on my own? That I begged my parents to get me a ticket and then drop me off and I pretended I should be there?

Nirvana, in November 1993, at the University of Buffalo. Kurt killed himself 5 months later. I'll never forget that concert, mainly for the fact that I was 12, being chaperoned by my friend's older brothers (but who were only like 16 themselves), and a lot of the crowd were college aged. Luckily, it wasn't limited to just the college students.

When I was in high school is when I seriously started seeing shows. Saw No Doubt open for the Goo Goo Dolls, Bush, Garbage opening for the Smashing Pumpkins...Went to Warped Tour every year, Oz Fest whenever it was within driving distance, Marilyn Manson's Antichrist Superstar tour, followed Fear Factory/Static X/hed (p.e.) for a summer...

the 90s were great.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went to the Warped Tour in 2001 on Pier 30/32 is San Francisco. A bunch of bands but I was mainly there to see Pennywise and Me First and the Gimmie Gimmies. Plus bands like Less than Jake, H2O, The Bouncing Souls Rancid and The Vandals. Even got to boo 311 because they ran long meaning we had to wait for the Gimmies set to start. It was a blast even though I got crazy sunburned. I learned the hard way that just because it is overcast doesn't mean you don't need sun screen. I actually had blisters on my forehead for a couple weeks after that show. Was still worth it.

Either it was U2 @ MSG or Madonna's Blond Ambition at the Rosemont Horizon.

I never went to a concert. I think some sort of popular band played at my University and I listened for a while, but I left after maybe 15 minutes. Wouldn't really count it as "going to a concert".

Of a large successful act? Iron Maiden, early 2000s. Funeral for a Friend were the support act.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I believe it was Aerosmith. For a more popular band.

It was Motley Crue's Girls Girls Girls tour. I distinctly recall them having a giant inflatable motor cycle on stage. Whitesnake was the opening act although I have a hard time recalling them playing. I had to look it up. I remember seeing Whitesnake as the main act a couple years later when Steve Vai was a member.

Er mid-90s when I was in high school ... can't remember if it was Depeche Mode or Duran Duran.

i dont remember the exact date, but i used to be a big fan of 50 cent back in the days of 'in da club'. i saw a commercial that he would be giving a concert at Ahoy Rotterdam, which is close to where i live so i just had to go. unfortionately i missed out on tickets but then a childhood friend, who was also a fan of 50 cent, contacted me asking if i wanted to go. thinking he was just asking i said 'yes, but i couldnt get tickets' to which he replied that his sister works at ticket sales and has 2 tickets to spare and 1 could be mine if i wanted to go. obviously i said yes. best memory i have

7+ Year Old Account
    Rush - Signals tour - 1982. I was 13 at the time.

It was either Weird Al Yankovic or Green Day. I can't remember which came first.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    I attended a Go-Gos concern in utero.

First one I can remember was Rage Against the Machine opening for U2.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Garbage opening for the Smashing Pumpkins...
    I would've loved to see Garbage, never got a chance to see them, did see Smashing Pumpkins, that show was terrible.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I attended a Go-Gos concern in utero.

First one I can remember was Rage Against the Machine opening for U2.

I would've loved to see Garbage, never got a chance to see them, did see Smashing Pumpkins, that show was terrible.
    IDK, that was the Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness tour, and I loved that album. Easily one of my top 10 albums of the 90s. Maybe even top 5. I guess in retrospect, I see what you mean, I wouldn't know how to describe it when I was 15 but a Pumpkins show in that era felt too over-produced, and almost listless. Probably would have been a more energetic show in the Siamese Dream times, which is when I started listening to their music. I'm usually not a huge fan of over-produced concert events (which is why I can't stand/understand modern pop concerts), my only exception usually being Pink Floyd shows.

Totally jealous of you seeing Rage. I've missed them twice. Once in the early 00s when they were touring with the Beastie Boys and one of the Beasties broke his arm or leg or something and their tour was canceled......and once obviously this summer.

I believe it was Powerman 5000 and Static-X in 2003 ish.

Why don't I remember which was my first?!

15+ Year Old Account
    I never went to concerts. Festivals yeah, but not individual concerts.

I went to many classical music concerts as a kid though, but that's not the same as what this thread is about.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anthrax and Public Enemy, with Primus opening. I think I was... 15?
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

to my first concert I went with my dad and it was the prince tour shortly after 1989 Batman movie and it was awesome! that dude just rocked the stage like a hurricane

It was actually Weird Al when I was a kid, with my mom and sister. First concert I went to on my own was Blind Guardian with Symphony X as opener.