Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    Thing is $20 on it’s own. Clearly meant as a way to exploit the unhealthily addicted and whales.
    So do whales, and addicted, not use 6 month subs? It will take a lot for Blizzard to make more than they gave away. Just for examples lets say there are 500,000 subscribers using 6 month blocks. That is $10 million dollars of extra revenue they lost out on by including it in a 6 month subscription. They are not exploiting anyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    yeah but its a slippery slope putting their foot in the water, and eventually it will be like mounts, uniqe good looking mount on shop, nzoth worm recolor#8754 for doing an actual achievment in game. And soon it will be unique set from gear shop, or recolor from mythic raid
    And yet that hasn't happened yet. This isn't even the first transmog sold on the shop. The game still has cool transmogs. The game still has cool mounts.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I have only one question:

Are the profits from this cosmetic set going 100% to keeping the european Blizzard branch open, and all its employees paid? Because otherwise, Blizzard REALLY needs to stop with the cash grab stuff.

I honestly don't believe Blizzard could pay me real $$$ to xmog that Reices pieces butterfly wing vomit outfit. It's almost hard to believe someone at Blizzard thought that xmog would be desired.

5+ Year Old Account
    A bit druidish for my taste. Nice try though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Are the profits from this cosmetic set going 100% to keeping the european Blizzard branch open, and all its employees paid? Because otherwise, Blizzard REALLY needs to stop with the cash grab stuff.
    You mean the branch of redundant employee's that was closing anyways until Brexit and a Pandemic changed plans? It isn't a cash grab if they are giving millions away for free. But don't let logic derail the hate.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So do whales, and addicted, not use 6 month subs? It will take a lot for Blizzard to make more than they gave away. Just for examples lets say there are 500,000 subscribers using 6 month blocks. That is $10 million dollars of extra revenue they lost out on by including it in a 6 month subscription. They are not exploiting anyone.

- - - Updated - - -

And yet that hasn't happened yet. This isn't even the first transmog sold on the shop. The game still has cool transmogs. The game still has cool mounts.
    You don't understand, there are ZERO cool looking mounts in the game, they are all in the shop you see! And just like how you see the Yeti costume everywhere you will see this too! The helmets are still used by everyone! Ahhhh!

10+ Year Old Account
    really trying to squeeze every penny out of us...add some housing

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    eh, how often do you use 1 specific mount? this is actually sweet, you can use just 1 peice of this in your usual set no problem.
    Let's hope they never go the DBD route and start making super expensive xmogs that you cannot split up and calling them legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

Maybe you should get some glasses then, sounds like you might have some eyesight issues.

i see the resemblance

That's the "reward" for the 6 month sub? LOL that is ugly as sin and looks more like a punishment.

I'm on a 6 month sub and got it for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    If you put this transmog on, you should automatically be put into Warmode, and be killable by your own faction
    LMAO, I think the good artists at Blizzard left for lunch so they gave the job to the janitor with a closet full of Hentai magazines.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Look at it this way. Blizzard, as a company, needs to make a profit. Not JUST a profit, but a larger profit every quarter. Now, one way they can do that is by expanding a system of optional microtransactions. Another way is by selling out more, making a desperate attempt and increasing the game's sales and subscriptions by pandering and appealing to the common denominator. The more these alternative measures succeed, the less 'safe' the development team needs to be to secure that profit. This leads to more artistic freedom and creative control for the dev team.
    I got this crazy idea...maybe they would make more profit if they made the GAME MORE FUN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    I got this crazy idea...maybe they would make more profit if they made the GAME MORE FUN.
    ...that's my point. FUN doesn't sell subscriptions, because the defintion of FUN varies. They COULD make a generic MMORPG that's kinda fun for everyone, or they could make the game they want, invent crazy new systems, drastic story changes, wild things that are VERY fun but only for a few. If the cash shop brings in the money, they can make a better game for less subscribers. Separate BUSINESS Blizzard from Development Blizzard in your mind. If the Cash Shop makes Business Blizzard money, they will leave Development Blizzard alone.

I would have a stronger opinion about this if I cared for this look at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    ...that's my point. FUN doesn't sell subscriptions, because the defintion of FUN varies. They COULD make a generic MMORPG that's kinda fun for everyone, or they could make the game they want, invent crazy new systems, drastic story changes, wild things that are VERY fun but only for a few. If the cash shop brings in the money, they can make a better game for less subscribers. Separate BUSINESS Blizzard from Development Blizzard in your mind. If the Cash Shop makes Business Blizzard money, they will leave Development Blizzard alone.
    FUN sold millions and millions of subscriptions for a decade.

After the game stopped being FUN enough they resorted to other means.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    FUN sold millions and millions of subscriptions for a decade. After the game stopped being FUN enough they resorted to other means.
    To be fair they always used cosmetics or "other things" to sell subscriptions. CE's, TCG, Mt. Dew partnerships. The first cash shop item was introduced in WotLK as well. So that was only 6 years of "fun only" if you only count cash shop items.

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    finally they start selling transmogs sets, they will move over 90% of the design work on new sets to the transmog store instead

They already did when they stopped doing tier sets, this is just the natural evolution of activitrashionblizzard.

Starting to get a little too "out there" even with the night fae covenant coming and the already existing onesie. I don't want too much of this stuff, even if I'm not going to lose my head over it considering the "wow" factor that has everyone using it wears off after a few months and then you barely see them again.

The important thing is this does not cause a decrease in the quality of the other armor sets or mounts in the game, which I've seen vary patch to patch and can't say I see a clear trend in where I'm going to don the doomsayer robes. Some, if not most, of my favorite mounts and transmogs are legion and bfa era, and none of them cost RL money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

It begins.

The removal of tier sets after Legion was proof this was going to happen, and you naïve white knights refused to listen.

Enjoy watching quality gear sets go on the shop while we start getting Uldir level gear.

Not really my warriors style but ok I guess.

Nice to see them mixing it up a bit, I have more than enough mounts nowadays.