Speaking of 60 Minutes...

Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    Speaking of 60 Minutes...

Seen that. Time will tell if any of these efforts, even from neo-cons like them, bears fruit or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pat Robertson says Trump will win a second term, bringing about five years of extraordinary peace.

Then, the world wil be hit by an asteroid and end life on Earth.

Because God told him this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Pat Robertson says Trump will win a second term, bringing about five years of extraordinary peace.

Then, the world wil be hit by an asteroid and end life on Earth.

Because God told him this.
    I kinda preferred it when our religious caste were allowed to do drugs so we at least had an explanation for things this insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    Most sad part is a huge chunk of the population fall for obvious lies & halftruths, conspiracy theories etc.
    It's on the same level as China, Russia, NK while being so different with having information readily accessible.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Guys/Girls, AOC is streaming right now.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Guys/Girls, AOC is streaming right now.
    Other thread.

Wait trump pays more to China than USA.

Taiyuan Trump

https://twitter.com/robertjdenault/s...98779680382978

Important to note: Christopher Steele wrote in his dossier that Trump was not nervous about connections to Russia, as they distracted from his corruption in China.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    You're talking about his overseas, China, bank account, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post

Taiyuan Trump

https://twitter.com/robertjdenault/s...98779680382978
    He paid $188,561 in taxes in China, but $750 in US? What the shit?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    From a non-paywall site:

The account is controlled by Trump International Hotels Management LLC, which paid $188,561 in taxes in China from 2013 to 2015, according to the Times.

In addition to the Chinese account, Trump also has bank accounts in the United Kingdom and Ireland. The president's foreign bank accounts are held under corporate names and as a result don't appear on the president's public financial disclosure forms, the Times reported.

The tax documents that the Times has obtained don't indicate how much money may have flowed through Trump's foreign accounts, and the Times said it's unclear which financial institutions hold the accounts. The IRS requires taxpayers to report the portion of their income from foreign countries, and the Trump hotel management entity only reported several thousand dollars from China, the Times said.

Alan Garten, a lawyer for the Trump organization, said the company opened an account at a Chinese bank that has offices in the U.S. in order to pay taxes associated with efforts to do business in China. He said the account was opened after the Trump Organization opened an office in China in an effort to explore possible hotel deals in Asia.

“No deals, transactions or other business activities ever materialized and, since 2015, the office has remained inactive,” Garten told the Times. “Though the bank account remains open, it has never been used for any other purpose.”
    Remember when Trump said you could see as much from fiscal release forms as tax forms? Remember when Trump lied?

61,429 new cases, roughly 10k more than last Tuesday. Yeesh.

Texas: 5,612 new cases; 81 deaths
    Wisconsin: 4,591 new cases (new record); 33 deaths
    California: 3,744 new cases; 27 deaths
    Illinois: 3,714 new cases; 41 deaths
    Fuck Florida.
    Missouri: 2,041 new cases; 38 deaths
    Ohio: 2,013 new cases; 8 deaths
    Michigan: 1,871 new cases; 20 deaths
    Pennsylvania: 1,579 new cases; 28 deaths
    North Carolina: 1,578 new cases; 53 deaths
    Tennessee: 1,508 new cases; 30 deaths
    Indiana: 1,498 new cases; 48 deaths
    Oklahoma: 1,475 new cases; 18 deaths
    New York: 1,298 new cases; 10 deaths
    Kentucky: 1,297 new cases; 16 deaths
    Colorado: 1,208 new cases; 2 deaths
    New Jersey: 1,144 new cases; 18 deaths
    Georgia: 1,128 new cases; 17 deaths
    Minnesota: 1,092 new cases; 7 deaths
    Utah: 1,081 new cases; 5 deaths
    Alabama: 1,043 new cases; 16 deaths
    Arizona: 1,040 new cases; 7 deaths
    North Dakota: 1,029 new cases (new record); 4 deaths

Wisconsin continues getting hammered and it doesn't look like they'll be getting any relief soon. Illinois is also feeling the pressure. North Dakota's on the list for the first time ever and South Dakota probably isn't very far behind. New York, despite heading back above 1k a few weeks ago, has been holding relatively steady around a 1.5k average which is admirable all things considered. California also remains fairly flat and might actually be decreasing a little more which is also pretty damned good. The rest of the country with one or two exceptions is blowing the fuck up. At this rate there will be multiple 70k+ days this week and we might be unlucky enough to see 80k.

917 deaths is up a bit from last Tuesday and puts the total at 226,149. As for who tops that list I'll give you three guesses and the first two don't count. This is three straight days of increases over last week's totals which is worrying. We might head back above the 1k threshold this week or next already.

Related news:

Rural hospitals overwhelmed as COVID-19 cases soar nationwide.--This is what will ultimately lead to those higher death tolls. Demand will start outstripping capacity. We've already seen this happen.
    An explosive documentary details how Jared Kushner's coronavirus task force consisted mainly of 20-something volunteers buying PPE with personal email accounts.--Just going to let that sit.
    NIH chief: Trump has not met with White House COVID-19 task force in 'quite some time'--So maybe they were actually able to get some work done...?

Stay safe, folks.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2020-10-21 at 02:03 AM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    And it turns out, to utterly no one's surprise, Trump has maintained Chinese bank accounts.

Can't wait to see this guy indicted. I believe @Breccia is heading up that effort along with NYState.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    917 deaths is up a bit from last Tuesday
    Fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I believe @Breccia is heading up that effort along with NYState.
    There will be three scoops of ice cream for all involved.

@Benggaul I know we’ve seen things like this mentioned before, but re-infected after 1 month??? From that article you linked:
    "I feel like we are at the limits of overwhelming the health system right now," said Wick, who added that one patient had a re-infection of COVID-19 after having it a month ago.

Quote Originally Posted by swiftowner View Post
    @Benggaul I know we’ve seen things like this mentioned before, but re-infected after 1 month??? From that article you linked:
    There is no evidence of immunity after being infected by Covid and in fact there is evidence that any antibodies the body develops to fight Covid are forgotten because the case is to mild for the body to remember the antibodies. Hence why the idea of fighting Covid with herd immunity is scaring the shit out of the legitimate health community and scientists.

Quote Originally Posted by swiftowner View Post
    Yep, I've been looking for a confirmation on that. It seems to be more common than we think--OR it's a case of faulty tests or false-positives. I do know it's at least the second or third case I've read about in the past month.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    And it turns out, to utterly no one's surprise, Trump has maintained Chinese bank accounts.

Can't wait to see this guy indicted. I believe @Breccia is heading up that effort along with NYState.
    maga! Hey Trumpkins, do you have a Chinese bank account.

You were conned. I know it hurts to admit it. But admit it. Let go of this piece of crap.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    We all knew this was coming

A U.S. Postal Service inspector general report out Tuesday found changes implemented by Postmaster General Louis DeJoy led to "confusion and inconsistency in operations at postal facilities" that "compounded the significant negative service impacts across the country."

The IG report concluded that the changes led to on-time delivery performance of priority and first class mail worsened. "No analysis of the service impacts of these various changes was conducted and documentation and guidance to the field for these strategies was very limited and almost exclusively oral," the report notes.

The USPS initiated "significant cost reduction strategies on top of three initiatives the Postmaster General launched to achieve financial targets" between June and July, per the report.

"These initiatives undertaken individually may not have been significant," the report notes. "However, launching all of these efforts at once, in addition to the changes instituted by the Postmaster General, had a significant impact on the Postal Service."
    Trump intentionally attacked the USPS, making things worse on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    We all knew this was coming

Trump intentionally attacked the USPS, making things worse on purpose.
    Gee it is almost like Trump has said publicly that he wants the USPS to fail and to privatize it with UPS, FedEx, etc...