Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    The expansion's promotional motion comic cutscenes may have gotten some flak for Sylvanas's snap decision to burn Teldrassil, but no one can deny they looked unbelievable.

With quite possibly the best one yet. You know it, you love it, most people have made a cover of it:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Same here.. been waiting like 15 years for zandalar to happen. Only sad thing I have to point out.. is 50% coolness vanished when Rastakahn died.
    That's 50% coolness left! And they got some damn fine armor. My nightborne is incredibly jealous of your ability to actually dress like the people that populate your capital city with more than just a heritage armor set.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Allied races were cool, got some fun leveling those with friends and I personally really enjoyed the mechagon dungeon. My only gripe with Mechagon is that I wish we got it sooner, didn't feel right getting it at the same time as Nazjatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    With quite possibly the best one yet. You know it, you love it, most people have made a cover of it:
    The one that straight up lies to you about how the character is about to develop? Yes, I bet you love it.

10+ Year Old Account
    BFA basically poisoned anything and everything WOW related for me.
    Rightnow my youtube and twitter feed are getting bombarded with these shadowlands videos and I can't even bear to look at them.

I guess to answer the thread one positivity of BFA was it finally killed my drive to play and actively participate in WoW. Now I just need to get over the marketing machine trying to hype up this lore dumpsterfire that BFA set the ground for: Shadowlands.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hunter feels so shit that i stopped playing wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread is about positive takes toward BfA, not for thinly-veiled ridicule or criticism (for which there are countless other threads). Going forward if you don't have some form of positive thing to add then just give this thread a miss - further derailment will be treated as spam in the thread.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkess View Post
    Really just want to show my appreciation for Drustvar and everything about it, lore, quest lines, the dungeon, aesthetics

All of these resulted in one of my favorite zones to date
    This, Drustvar is one of my all time favorites now

Boralus and Dazar'alor are great cities, the music is fantastic, I really like horrific visions, and like always, the raids were pretty good.
    Last edited by Not A Cat; 2020-09-12 at 04:32 PM.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

I had previously mentioned the alpaca mounts, which are definitely great ground mounts, but before that, the Alliance had been griping that they had too many horses and not enough unique mounts. So Blizzard added easily my favorite mount grind in the game, in one of my favorite zones in the game, the gorgeous Stormsong Valley.

It truly is the bee's knees. My Paladin, Lightyear, had finally found the perfect mount.
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I had said when this expansion came out that the two things that'd redeem it would be giving outlaw back curse of the dreadblades and making alpaca mounts obtainable.
    https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/outlaw...builds-talents

It's the prepatch but since Shadowlands isn't out yet, I'm counting it. Level 45 talent row.

BFA is saved!

BfA could be improved in quite some areas, but as we move to the next expansion, expansions of the past no longer will be defined by their systems and class designs, but rather quality of their quests zones, raids and dungeons, and the lore they tell.

I think no one can really deny, that BfA zones were beautiful and immersive.

Just look at the capitols, Dazar'alor and Boralus they are beautiful detailed and i tell you right now, the first thing you will notice once in shadowlands is, you will miss those detailed and fleshed out hubs. There is only Orbios its smaller and has to contain 2 factions and there are no faction specific hubs, its like Dalaran v2.0.(Makes it inline with wotlk, tho and its theme)

Zones seem to be ok, but get prepared for the multiverse lore that will hit you like a truck once in SL, its something complete different than we saw on azeroth, SL is another reality and the blender of the multiverse, its weird and confusing and chaotic and time works differently as well.

BfA will appear like a clean, fleshed out path and story line in comparission to that one.

The bottom line is, shadowlands will help people to appreciate lost non-gameplay BfA features more overtime.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2020-10-20 at 07:01 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    I think no one can really deny, that BfA zones were beautiful and immersive.
    I mean, visuals (and music) are the one saving grace of BfA. If that's the only thing to be remembered by, I can see why could BfA be remembered more fondly than when it was current. But imo questing was fairly boring and uneventful, except Drustvar and maybe Nazmir, and the lore was easily the worst part. Teldrassil, siege of Lordaeron (probably one of the most contrived, nonsensical, eyerolling piece in the entire lore so far), Sadfang, Anduin Sue, Jaina deus ex Proudmoore, SoO 2.0, UR NUTIN' REEEEEEEE anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

G'huun seemed cool, too bad that the plan to unleash this new old god, turned out to just be some beast in the depths of this facility and it ended with that.

These newer Loa were pretty cool, learning about them and the story developing around them was pretty cool... until it just stopped(gotta focus on the war)

Getting to fight Jaina was cool, to bad it was a dead giveaway that she was going to survive

Trying real hard to think positive things, but it's really hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Sylvanas' character arc. There was finally some pay-off from all that foreshadowing back in Cataclysm, on how Sylvanas was changing and becoming more and more like the Lich King. Sylvanas finally revealed her true nature as well.

Magister Umbric was the MVP of the Alliance and a very underrated character. Thanks to Magister Umbric the Alliance was able to retrieve the scepter of Kul Tiras and then use it to march on Zuldazar unopposed. Without Umbric, the war would've gone very differently, as Battle of Dazar'alor would've never happened.
    Alliance bias is obvious with this poster here yet the Admins do nothing about it. Shows that they are alliance biased as well.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-10-21 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Received Infraction

10+ Year Old Account
    Just sticking to positives here, BFA had some fantastic armors and mounts. Some zone story elements were pretty interesting and fun to do, also the cinematics at the end were pretty cool. BoD was a great raid with many nice fights. WM was a nice addition to spice up world pvp a bit.

The Saurfang cinematics are amazing and I greatly enjoy (re)watching them.

That being said, the list of negatives is probably longer and I'm very much ready for Shadowlands.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

As somebody who's been waiting for years for Azshara and N'Zoth to get their due and got a wet fart following an expansion of capeshit writing instead, I really can't think of much.

I guess Bwonsamdi's quirkiness was just tempered enough that it didn't get grating? Oh, and playable Zandalari Trolls. I think that's about it?

Oh yeah, and the Alliance Warfront armors were pretty good for the most part. The Darkshore ones on the Alliance side were generally miss for me, though.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    These newer Loa were pretty cool, learning about them and the story developing around them was pretty cool... until it just stopped(gotta focus on the war)
    Bwonsamdi gets a lot of love for good reason, but it's definitely worth appreciating all the others they came up with. Jani The Trash Loa was an instant favorite as a hoarder the moment I saw them, and I loved the new Children's Week questline where we introduced the orphan to them.

Last edited by Powerogue; 2020-10-21 at 02:46 AM.

There a lot of positive things from me about the expansion, actually is the expansion that made me come back for this reasons:
    -The music: the best of wow for my tastes, all of Zandalar, Kul Tiras and Mechagon for me.
    -The cosmetics: there are a lot of cool mounts, like the crawgs, pterrordaxes, parrots, etc. And the pirate transmogs, warfront transmogs and heritagr armor! not just allied races, I even leveled a Tauren for his heritage armor.
    -The zones: Zandalar was a dream come true, I enjoyed Kul Tiras although didn't care much at the beginning but loved the pirate and seafarer ambient, Mechagon is by far one of my favorite zones of WoW of how unique and different is, the oceanic landscape of Nazjatar makes that zone very unique too. Also I like how WoW felt more like Diablo in Nazmir, Drustvar and Stormsong (the tidesage part).
    -Making me play the Alliance: didn't like many races or the Alliance in general, but i find the dark iron, kul tirans and mechagnomes awesome, so I can enjoy these races of that faction.
    -The dungeons: I like all the bfa dungeons, they are very thematic and have fun mechanics compared to when I was playing Cataclysm, and I like how the teach you the mechanics while you progress the dungeon until the last boss
    My favorite races were always trolls, gnomes, goblins and undead, and Bfa bring a lot of troll stuff (it was nice to feel like im playing troll quests), a lot of gnome stuff (not just Mechagon, the Mekkatorque fight, heritage armor and more quests with them like in the alliance assaults), some stuff for goblins (a dungeon, goblin quests in assaults too, Gallywix and the kelfin, my goblin "pirate tinkerer" felt almost like home from the start to 8.2) and sadly for the forsaken didn't like much of them in the expansion except the warfront sets (I don't like sylvanas, nathanos or calia, the forsaken have more potential in my eyes)
    While I liked the idea of plundering isles and exploring the seas with Island expeditions in this "hidden" sea expansion, it didn't ended being like plundering and exploring, but I like how beautiful the islands are.
    Last edited by Dr Sicret; 2020-10-21 at 03:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Alliance bias is obvious with this poster here yet the Admins do nothing about it. Shows that they are alliance biased as well.
    How dare someone play and enjoy Alliance?! How dare they state they enjoyed something Alliance related in a positivity thread?!

Seriously, what on earth is this post?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Bwonsamdi gets a lot of love for good reason, but it's definitely worth appreciating all the others they came up with. Jani The Trash Loa was an instant favorite as a hoarder the moment I saw them, and I loved the new Children's Week questline where we introduced the orphan to them.

omg i thought it was this when i first saw it

Bwonsamdi is cool, but it just felt like there was a lot of potential to learn more and it was all stunted the moment the war kicked in. Like there's a shark Loa that the Nagas hate, he could have been something in Nazjatar, there's also the hints to Rezan's mother who is a powerful devilsaur with some nasty death powers. Just felt like there should have been more development, hopefully the Zandalari is revisited again soon.
    Last edited by MikeBogina; 2020-10-21 at 04:55 AM.

Overall zone/dungeon lore designs were great... except Nazjatar.

Mechagon was okay but I dont get why it happened during BfA.

They should have concentrated to Nazjatar, making it some kind of underwater Suramar.