10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    There is no evidence of immunity after being infected by Covid and in fact there is evidence that any antibodies the body develops to fight Covid are forgotten because the case is to mild for the body to remember the antibodies. Hence why the idea of fighting Covid with herd immunity is scaring the shit out of the legitimate health community and scientists.
    Not entirely true. There's absolutely evidence of immunity after recovery, just not necessarily permanent immunity. There's also no evidence that permanent immunity isn't possible, either, though it's thought to be unlikely. Antibodies naturally fade over time, but B-cells and T-cells remain.

A supposed "reinfection" after only 1 month is far more likely to be a resurgence of the original infection, rather than a new one. True, proven reinfections are exceedingly rare; only a handful are confirmed to have happened. And with something as complex as the human immune system, true reinfections that happen so rarely cannot be considered to be hard proof of eventual loss of immunity...

...yet.

Of course, the general consensus among the scientific papers that I've read suggest that natural immunity won't last forever. The other coronaviruses that commonly affect humans provide immunity lasting around a year. SARS, on the other hand, seemed to provide immunity that lasts for at least several years.

The rate at which COVID antibodies fade would imply that the immunity will probably be closer to 1 year rather than 5 years, but there's just not enough evidence yet to tell.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Mandatory filings say Biden has a massive cash advantage. $177 million to $61 million, to be precise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Mandatory filings say Biden has a massive cash advantage. $177 million to $61 million, to be precise.
    Iirc Trump just spent all but $10 million on his last round of TV ads.

Not one of the campaigns going broke before the election even happens, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    This doesn't count PACs or the like, but, Trump is definitely running low.

10+ Year Old Account
    This doesn't count PACs or the like, but, Trump is definitely running low.
    More troubling I think is the earlier reporting that they were having to spend something like 70 cents to get a dollar return in donations; that to me reads that small donors have been tapped out for Trump, or there aren't enough of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    that to me reads that small donors have been tapped out for Trump, or there aren't enough of them.
    Or, funny story, maybe they need their money because the economy crashed.

Not one of the campaigns going broke before the election even happens, lol.
    Trump bankrupting something? That would never happen, he's a stable genius businessman.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    More troubling I think is the earlier reporting that they were having to spend something like 70 cents to get a dollar return in donations; that to me reads that small donors have been tapped out for Trump, or there aren't enough of them.
    That is nuts - and looking at it, it's almost a pyramid scheme.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Trump bankrupting something? That would never happen, he's a stable genius businessman.
    Actually let's expand that line of thinking.

We all remember, last time, Trump loaned his campaign money and yes charged interest. Of course, the idea was to reclaim it from donations. (He would later forgive the loans, but only after being shamed into it)

Has he done that this time? Has he given anything this time? I mean, he paid his own businesses $2.3 million at least, yes that's more than the Presidential salary for those of you keeping track, and that's not counting his own legal fees, but has he given anything? And we know he said he would donate but are there records of it happening?

"Well Biden hasn't--"

Biden doesn't claim to be worth ten billion dollars. Biden never claimed he was self funding. Trump did, he lied, but Biden never did.

To time for another 24 hour challenge. How much has Trump given to his 2020 campaign? The best I could find was that the top ten donors gave $1.3 million or more, and none of them were Trump. Meaning, yes, Trump has currently made at least a million from his campaign -- assuming he matched the #10 spot.

Anyone want to contribute? Trump supporters in particular, are you willing to find the exact dollar amount Trump has donated or loaned to his 2020 campaign? Because if you can't find it, I'll just say it's zero, therefore he's profited by taking money from his campaign donations, and you have to accept that. Also if you don't even look you admit you're a coward.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I forgot to mention: last month the NYTimes had an article explaining where Trump's mpney went.

For one, they say Trump paid himself a total of $4 million since 2019.

For two, they say Trump spent over $100,000 on magnetic pouches, which potential donors would put their phones in during fund raisers, so they could not record Trump and leak the audio.

the cognitive dissonence of trump supporters
    "trumps america first!"
    but he paid more taxes in china than america
    "its because hes a smart business man"

but u gotta remember these guys will make up alot of fake populist reasons
    the reason they are voting for trump is because of his stances on race, immigration, and lgbtq, they are just too cowardly to admit it

10+ Year Old Account
    CBS News has more on the COVID relief bil. Some is stuff we already knew.

But some is new to me, at least.

1) McConnell apparently had called Trump and begged him not to make any kind of deal before the election. As we're now seeing, because Pelosi and Mnuchin both admit in public they're getting closer, Trump ignored McConnell.

2) It would take 13 GOP Senators to vote "yes" for it to pass. Sen. Thune suggested earlier that doing such at Pelosi's $2.4 trillion or the new higher number Trump apparently wants would be tricky.

3) Then there's the time frame. McConnell wants that SCOTUS judge more than he wants to help sick, poor, or hungry Americans. I think he's waiting the election out, and will vote yes/no on a deal based on who's President next.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I think Trump had his first re-election rally within a month of being inaugurated, as for voting in Biden, I already voted, and I can only vote once despite ghostpanther's "concerns".
    Nah it's okay, the President did say to vote twice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    And it turns out, to utterly no one's surprise, Trump has maintained Chinese bank accounts.

Can't wait to see this guy indicted. I believe @Breccia is heading up that effort along with NYState.
    Less than 13 days.
    Less than 13 fucking days.

May Joe Biden win because I cannot stand how stupid this keeps getting.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually let's expand that line of thinking.

We all remember, last time, Trump loaned his campaign money and yes charged interest. Of course, the idea was to reclaim it from donations. (He would later forgive the loans, but only after being shamed into it)

Has he done that this time? Has he given anything this time? I mean, he paid his own businesses $2.3 million at least, yes that's more than the Presidential salary for those of you keeping track, and that's not counting his own legal fees, but has he given anything? And we know he said he would donate but are there records of it happening?

"Well Biden hasn't--"

Biden doesn't claim to be worth ten billion dollars. Biden never claimed he was self funding. Trump did, he lied, but Biden never did.

To time for another 24 hour challenge. How much has Trump given to his 2020 campaign? The best I could find was that the top ten donors gave $1.3 million or more, and none of them were Trump. Meaning, yes, Trump has currently made at least a million from his campaign -- assuming he matched the #10 spot.

Anyone want to contribute? Trump supporters in particular, are you willing to find the exact dollar amount Trump has donated or loaned to his 2020 campaign? Because if you can't find it, I'll just say it's zero, therefore he's profited by taking money from his campaign donations, and you have to accept that. Also if you don't even look you admit you're a coward.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I forgot to mention: last month the NYTimes had an article explaining where Trump's mpney went.

For one, they say Trump paid himself a total of $4 million since 2019.

For two, they say Trump spent over $100,000 on magnetic pouches, which potential donors would put their phones in during fund raisers, so they could not record Trump and leak the audio.
    I was just reading this and thinking how much of a scam WinRed has been. Wonder if the GOP will bother to investigate what happened to all that money if Trump loses....

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    https://www.axios.com/k-12-reopening...3914002c4.html

That's pretty interesting. Open up the schools and follow the science.
    The school district I live in just shut down three schools nine days ago because the virus broke out.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

CBS News has more on the COVID relief bil. Some is stuff we already knew.

But some is new to me, at least.

1) McConnell apparently had called Trump and begged him not to make any kind of deal before the election. As we're now seeing, because Pelosi and Mnuchin both admit in public they're getting closer, Trump ignored McConnell.

2) It would take 13 GOP Senators to vote "yes" for it to pass. Sen. Thune suggested earlier that doing such at Pelosi's $2.4 trillion or the new higher number Trump apparently wants would be tricky.

3) Then there's the time frame. McConnell wants that SCOTUS judge more than he wants to help sick, poor, or hungry Americans. I think he's waiting the election out, and will vote yes/no on a deal based on who's President next.
    mcconell seems to think trump will lose, so passing a stimulus before to possibly help a biden presidency is a no go, also reublicans plan to go suddenly care about the deficit again if biden wins and derail his economy with spending cuts like they did obama,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    mcconell seems to think trump will lose, so passing a stimulus before to possibly help a biden presidency is a no go, also reublicans plan to go suddenly care about the deficit again if biden wins and derail his economy with spending cuts like they did obama,
    McConnell is almost as dangerous as trump. Almost.

I really can’t overstate how great it’d be to have the republicans completely trivialized in Congress following the 2020 election.

No partisan bullshit. No 5D chess. Just the adults in the room settling the things trump fucked up. And while I laud Obama’s intention of bringing both parties to work together in 2008, it’s clear that the republicans have no such interest. I certainly hope that Biden and the other democrats, if so empowered, simply take the reins for themselves. And I see no reason why they shouldn’t do just that; the republicans have proven themselves morally bankrupt and utterly spineless and the democratic leadership at large seems to be utterly fed up with dealing with them in any capacity.

But first thing’s first; get Trump out and get Biden in. Stop the active bleeding. I’m not getting my hopes up that the senate also flips in 2020; that can be worked on in 2022 if need be after Biden has worked diligently on un-fucking up what trump fucked up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gerron View Post
    I was just reading this and thinking how much of a scam WinRed has been. Wonder if the GOP will bother to investigate what happened to all that money if Trump loses....
    What almost begins to elapse on surprise for me is just how much the Republican Party has tolerated the complete and total rot of the inside of their party and its chief supporters (like the NRA) just to stick up for Trump. For a party so monumentally obsessed with enriching themselves, I’m surprised they tolerate all the money skimming Trump and his goons have been fleecing them on.

But then I remember they have spines weaker than boiled asparagus, and it fails to actually surprise me.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I would find it hilarious if the House passes a Trump sponsored comprehensive COVID package and the Senate doesn't give the votes.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Ha, Greenwald can eat shit. The man is a joke.
    He's a pantomine villain. You know when someone throws in their lot with the Post, the Examiner and people over at the 'Rising' that it's over.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Not entirely true. There's absolutely evidence of immunity after recovery, just not necessarily permanent immunity. There's also no evidence that permanent immunity isn't possible, either, though it's thought to be unlikely. Antibodies naturally fade over time, but B-cells and T-cells remain.

A supposed "reinfection" after only 1 month is far more likely to be a resurgence of the original infection, rather than a new one. True, proven reinfections are exceedingly rare; only a handful are confirmed to have happened. And with something as complex as the human immune system, true reinfections that happen so rarely cannot be considered to be hard proof of eventual loss of immunity...

...yet.

Of course, the general consensus among the scientific papers that I've read suggest that natural immunity won't last forever. The other coronaviruses that commonly affect humans provide immunity lasting around a year. SARS, on the other hand, seemed to provide immunity that lasts for at least several years.

The rate at which COVID antibodies fade would imply that the immunity will probably be closer to 1 year rather than 5 years, but there's just not enough evidence yet to tell.
    I believe there’s another confirmed case. Person had mild covid and recovered. Four months later got it again and died.

Pres. Trump, speaking in Erie, Pa at a rally tonight, says he wouldn’t have come to Erie if the pandemic hadn’t hit. “Before the plague came in, I had it made. I wasn’t coming to Erie. I have to be honest. There was no way I was coming. I didn’t have to.... We had this thing won”

When he says the truth out loud. If you try to stomach through his speeches you know Trump tries to do a comedy bit. Sometimes as I have stated is he is a conman and knows his marks. So to him I think this is part of the routine, where he calls people suckers and they cheer him. He knows he can tell them they are garbage and don't mean nothing to him and they will cheer.

Wake Trumpkins you are not in on the joke, you are part of the joke.

Remember when he stated they didn't cover his Nobel nomination and instead talked about the pesky floods happening in their own backyards.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2020-10-21 at 12:43 PM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!