Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dapinor View Post
    Pff, people did give a damn when they did it as well.

If people don't see the problem with Tmog in the store they are either stupid or ignoring the fact that it will just be increased with items there in the future..
    Well, it's obviously a case of supply and demand.
    I remember years ago, people complained about that ominous horse armor dlc, i forgot which game it was, but you'll probably know that story.

But people still bought it!
    So other companies followed suit. Some people complained, but still, people bought it.

WoW is just the same. Of course it's scummy to charge a monthly fee AND an expansion every two years AND charge you for cosmetics.
    But what's also stupid, to use your terminology, is to assume, that armor sets would look any better ingame without buyable tmog in the shop.

Sets have been in steady decline ever since wotlk, peaking in quality in BC, at least for my taste.
    In classic and BC stes were built to reflect class fantasy. Ever since late Wotlk, sets became more and more zone themed. Moving over from what the class would represent to what the zone/xpac was about aethetically, so they didn't have to figure out a class aesthetic AND a zone aesthetic. They could just tweak the zone aesthetic a bit.

And ever since WoD, it feels to me every set looks the same.
    Only now are blizz adding tmog items to the shop.

If they actually cared, they would've added better quality sets years ago.

The buyable tmog looks better because they want people to pay for them. Why would they put the same effort into, say, tier sets, when they're only a small portion of the content they're selling anyway?

It'd be dumb of them not to sell sets like the darter tmog, when there's an obvious demand for them.
    Last edited by Harthmut; 2020-10-21 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Also, not sure why they thought this stupid crap was a good look. Who does it look good on other than Night Elves?
    Female Blood/void elves and Male Worgen!

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    It's a clear breakpoint for tmog shop. It's not a single item, it's not a promotional (blizzcon, SL) it's a new tab in the store with only one item in it. It won't be too long before we have cool looking mogs in there.
    Ok, let’s suppose that in months it will be full of nice mogs.

Personally speaking, I would not care less but again, I don’t care about cosmetics that much, I do not play for mogs, never done and probably never will.

Edit: also, shop is quite full of mounts, it did not stop people from playing the game, why having mogs also should?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    So you do agree that they are already selling player power, albeit through the token. Whats stopping them from not just putting it straight on the shop? Stuff like this ruins the integrity of the game.

I bet theres enough people that would even defend gear/player power items on the shop. "lul just dont buy it"
    They are selling the potential to buy player power yes. What is stopping them from putting in directly? Well because the current system relies on a supply of that gear that is offered by players and not Blizzard themselves. They would likely face a massive backlash since that would be even worse of a shop addition than even FFXIV.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Ok, let’s suppose that in months it will be full of nice mogs.

Personally speaking, I would not care less but again, I don’t care about cosmetics that much, I do not play for mogs, never done and probably never will.

Edit: also, shop is quite full of mounts, it did not stop people from playing the game, why having mogs also should?
    It won't stop people from playing. It just makes it worse. It's like a car. You drive it. It has some minor engine problems, but then you have a scratch, then another, then a dent somewhere, leather seats are cracked. It's not going to stop you from driving but at some point it will just look shit and you will get a new one because repairs will be more than the value.
    Also lot's of people play for mounts/mogs. Full communities. People farming mounts/mogs for years. Why do you think they add so many collectibles every patch?

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    It won't stop people from playing. It just makes it worse. It's like a car. You drive it. It has some minor engine problems, but then you have a scratch, then another, then a dent somewhere, leather seats are cracked. It's not going to stop you from driving but at some point it will just look shit and you will get a new one because repairs will be more than the value.
    Also lot's of people play for mounts/mogs. Full communities. People farming mounts/mogs for years. Why do you think they add so many collectibles every patch?

I agree with you points. I also say this is why WOW is missing a cash cow and not having housing of some sort. There are people out there that LOVE it. Right now a few people in the guild are playing ESO no stop because they had some server contest to get a free house. If they added it to WOW Blizzard would cash in in various ways.

Honesty, I'm surprised that WOW does not have more cosmetics in the shop than the few pieces that are there. I'm surprised the original NAX set isn't there. Or the various NPC sets or even re-colored tier sets.

Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    I mean they literally hired people JUST for store mounts, so it's likely store transmogs will be from this team. IOW they're not pulling devs from the game to work on it, and the store likely self-funds itself.

FF14 has done this for years. It's fine, it's not the end of the world (of warcraft). I wonder if they'll sell lore-characters outfits like FF14 does, I honestly wouldn't mind that.

I remember when they added the celestial steed. A lot of these arguments and freak outs happened then. People were assuming it was the first step in adding raid gear to the store and etc.

And yet we've gotten way more non-store mounts than store mounts over the years and they've not added anything that actually offers in game benefits. They've included mounts or pets as bonuses since vanilla. I'm not going to worry about this and enjoy my fae wings I'm getting as part of a game I was going to be paying for the next 6-10 months anyway.
    But why when they can do this for FREE? And pay the devs with the money we already EACH MONTH?

Did you know you could look at the Castle Nathria sets ingame?

Let's take a look.

Well, this looks painted on.

Now let's look at the store one.

Clearly looks 3D

But this isn't even the worst part, not by a long shot.

There's ear holes, and that's for every single race that exists in the game.

Now let's take a look into the SL headpiece.

WTF is this? Where is the quality in this? It looks lame and broken.

Why are people ok with this?

And stop saying that it doesn't matter if it doesn't offer in-game benefits. OFC it matters! It's still an ingame item! Why, because people pay only 15 a month they don't deserve this? And I'm talking in general, not just about this, because they are going to put more mogs in the store and they probably, most likely will not come with a 6-month bundle.

If it was 5$ I understand, but no, it's 20$. It costs more than the sub fee itself. And that is NOT OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    But why when they can do this for FREE? And pay the devs with the money we already EACH MONTH?

Did you know you could look at the Castle Nathria sets ingame?

Let's take a look.

Well, this looks painted on.

Now let's look at the store one.

Clearly looks 3D

But this isn't even the worst part, not by a long shot.

There's ear holes, and that's for every single race that exists in the game.

Now let's take a look into the SL headpiece.

WTF is this? Where is the quality in this? It looks lame and broken.

Why are people ok with this?

And stop saying that it doesn't matter if it doesn't offer in-game benefits. OFC it matters! It's still an ingame item! Why, because people pay only 15 a month they don't deserve this? And I'm talking in general, not just about this, because they are going to put more mogs in the store and they probably, most likely will not come with a 6-month bundle.

If it was 5$ I understand, but no, it's 20$. It costs more than the sub fee itself. And that is NOT OK.
    Not to invalidate your argument, i would however like to point out that atleast the horde mail set from darkshore also has ear/horn holes. Why they don't put those on all armour i don't know

Quote Originally Posted by bowlink View Post
    Not to invalidate your argument, i would however like to point out that atleast the horde mail set from darkshore also has ear/horn holes. Why they don't put those on all armour i don't know
    It honestly should be the norm but it isn't. And that's sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lmao. Saw this news had 400+ comments, and thought.. I'm in for a funny read. And right I was.

Ugh....this just finalizes my motivation never to return to WoW...

WINGS...fucking wings....

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    I cant seem to buy anything in classic atm. Will it be an option when BC launches? As someone has pointed out already, they are already somewhat selling player power through the token. It aint far going from that to just putting player power items in the shop. And when they do, people will act surprised.

This has nothing to do with gameplay features, choices made to better the game or to make good and relevant content. Its just about putting more money into the pocket of ActiBlizz, nothing else. Whats stopping them from actually putting content behind shop items? Whats stopping them from making a questchain where to collect materials, fight mobs++ and obtain this? We, as players, get nothing out of value for this. It devalues everything in the game. Who here that buys this will actually remember this bought item in 2 months? ALready forgotten, cause theres a new item to buy that does nothing for the game.
    1. you havent been able to buy anything in classic? well you have not been looking hard enough, 3 special pets you can get for classic by only buyying a vanilla collectors edition.

2. when bc launches? i do wonder how they are going to handle TCG items, be it buy them for live, or for classic, or buy them in a store on classic itself. they were not added till end of vanilla so we shall see.

3. again slippery slope "They added items to the shop, and i know its been 15 years but they are DEFITNALLY GUNNA ADD POWER TO THE STORE!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowroxxor View Post
    Ummmm no, sweetie. The last 6 months sub deal came out 3,5 months ago. Nice try though :-)

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...et-a-new-mount
    yeah i found and corrected it, turns out they all set about that far apart, the last one was 5 months from the other, and the one before that 4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Sets from these sources have been atrocious for the past few years.
    Thank you for sharing your subjective opinion on that matter. Clearly other people disagree, but that's how it works with subjective opinions.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post

My only problem with them selling stuff like this is that my eye balls will be assaulted ingame by people wearing this ridiculously ugly set.

It's a colourful set, I'll give it that. AUD 85.80 (or AUD 27.00 for just the wings) - it's a bit much.

One could be forgiven for concluding that this transmog release is a band-aid to a much greater issue. Or worse, it's Activision testing the P2W waters.

Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    Ugh....this just finalizes my motivation never to return to WoW...

WINGS...fucking wings....
    There's plenty other wing effects in the game, some of them as old as couple years. Blazing Wings toy from Darkmoon has been in the game since 6.0 iirc. If you can't play the game because of the existence of wings that players can wear, you shouldn't have played it for the last 5 years already.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

What is it with mmo players being hard suckers for "this will give your characters wings"? Its like an unspoken meme devs rely on to push something they think otherwise wouldn't sell as well.

This isn't even a dig at WoW, go back to aoin and earlier and more often in asian mmos than western ones this is like guaranteed bait and i have no idea why when it always looks like Gaia Online cash shop trash for tweens.

The only neat thing I can say about this set is how it's customized for each race to accommodate the ears poking through the hood. On short earred races there's no holes, and those with long ears the size and 'accessory ring' to the hole varies.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Female Blood/void elves and Male Worgen!
    Female Vulpera surprisingly look really good in it too. The stretching of the helmet actually works for them with a unique look. Compared to a Tauren where it can only stretch so far and the tail suddenly becomes some kind of antenna off the back of the head.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Harthmut View Post
    Well, it's obviously a case of supply and demand.
    I remember years ago, people complained about that ominous horse armor dlc, i forgot which game it was, but you'll probably know that story.

But people still bought it!
    So other companies followed suit. Some people complained, but still, people bought it.

WoW is just the same. Of course it's scummy to charge a monthly fee AND an expansion every two years AND charge you for cosmetics.
    But what's also stupid, to use your terminology, is to assume, that armor sets would look any better ingame without buyable tmog in the shop.

Sets have been in steady decline ever since wotlk, peaking in quality in BC, at least for my taste.
    In classic and BC stes were built to reflect class fantasy. Ever since late Wotlk, sets became more and more zone themed. Moving over from what the class would represent to what the zone/xpac was about aethetically, so they didn't have to figure out a class aesthetic AND a zone aesthetic. They could just tweak the zone aesthetic a bit.

And ever since WoD, it feels to me every set looks the same.
    Only now are blizz adding tmog items to the shop.

If they actually cared, they would've added better quality sets years ago.

The buyable tmog looks better because they want people to pay for them. Why would they put the same effort into, say, tier sets, when they're only a small portion of the content they're selling anyway?

It'd be dumb of them not to sell sets like the darter tmog, when there's an obvious demand for them.
    Appearances are a matter of taste. You state that this set looks better than almost everything else in game. Meanwhile there are plenty of people, as shown in this thread, who think it looks terrible and are already making fun of people who would even be interested in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    No, it's bait to get people who normally wouldn't pay for 6 months of WoW to pony up more money. This isn't a loyalty reward. It's for those people who only pay/play for 1-4 months out of every 6, and might be convinced with "weeeeell, I COULD buy it in the store for X, but if I pay a liiiiittle bit more money I get the item AND more WoW time".

If I paid for my sub with money instead of gold, I would be paying Blizzard about $45 (only sub for about 3 out of 6 months). A 6 months sub looks to be $78. So right now I'm playing as much WoW as I'd like and paying $33 less than you every 6 months. The Wings alone are $20. If I wanted the Wings I might start to wonder if paying an additional $13 for the extra WoW time (whether I would really play that much more or not) was worth it. THAT'S the person Blizzard makes these promos for.
    Yeah, you sound like a real loyal customer.
    You know, not like those disloyal "whales" who play for longer than 3 months. How dare they?! Right?

How dare they play it for longer, probably even enjoy it and get rewarded? Disgusting!

I bet you will still stand to your convictions, eh?
    Because logic is not your strong suit, as it is with most of this community.