Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Well... I knew I saw that somewhere

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca88...uXPMACKsRQYwgU
    Talk about cursed images. I don't think there's any coming back from this, it's like a malediction on the soul.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Sylvanas is bad character.
    Kael'thas is cool tho.
    Jin'do wasn't that famous, I'd rather see Zekhan as Anduin counterpart for the Horde.
    Baine is lame, should be another character.
    Elisande is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Void Elves are actually better than that. It is the Blood Elves who embraced hypocricy. The Blood Elves are playing the victim cards as the High Elves who got exiled by Night Elves due to their use of magic in favor of druidism.

Nowdays, they exile their kin because it is no in the best interest of their newfound relgious energy source. I don't think it's fair to have their well corrupted. Instead, have them one day realize how them being narrowminded will cost them a lot more than a Sunwell.
    I'm sure Alleria would never actually corrupt the Sunwell. She seeks to preserve Quel'Thalas, not destroy it. She genuinely wants to protect her beloved homeland, even if her own path brings her elsewhere. Regardless, she could do that, and if Blizzard wanted to cause massive conflict in Quel'Thalas for story development, they could indeed use Alleria to accomplish this.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-10-22 at 03:54 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    If blizzard did abit better with the storyline of the Horde we could had a council of:

Orcs - Garrosh Hellscream
    Trolls - Zul'jin or Rastakhan
    Tauren - Tagar
    Blood elves - Kael’thas Sunstrider
    Undead - Sylvanas or Galen Trollbane

These characters are all far better characters then the plain boring characters we are left with but that is what you get when you create a red Alliance faction.
    Again, 3 of these people have already tried to destroy the Horde and kill all it's members. Forget evil, they are horrible leaders that do not care one bit about you, so why... why would you want them back? None of the Horde's characters is stupid enough to follow these monsters again, why do you want them to be more stupid?

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    The ebon blade whose members actually left the group to be generals of alliance and horde armies up in Western Plague lands. With the horde General basically defying orders, essentially betraying his oath and was punished for almost allowing an alliance forward post less than a days march from Undercity.
    Given how Koltira made a truce with Thassarian just because they were pals (and merrily joined the Forsaken out of all people), what does that have to do with the idea that the Ebon Blade should have had an issue with the Forsaken?

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Don't forget the Argent that was "Kidnapped." was killing forsaken for funsies while wearing an argent Tabbard. Basically siding with the alliance under the banner of neutrality.
    And he was one individual on a personal vendetta, who did not represent the organization. Plus I don't think he made a distinction between the Forsaken and the Scourge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Again, 3 of these people have already tried to destroy the Horde and kill all it's members. Forget evil, they are horrible leaders that do not care one bit about you, so why... why would you want them back? None of the Horde's characters is stupid enough to follow these monsters again, why do you want them to be more stupid?
    Like i said if they would put some effort in these characters instead they turned them into villians for the Alliance to kill and they can only come up with a story that they turn against the Horde just so that we Horde players also have a reason to kill them that is all.

Every time a character is doing something that benefits the Horde and is negative for the Alliance is turned into a WoW raid/dungeon boss at some point.
    Last edited by tromage2; 2020-10-21 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I'm sure Alleria would never actually corrupt the Sunwell. She seeks to preserve Silvermoon, not destroy it. She genuinely wants to protect Silvermoon, even if her own path brings her elsewhere. Regardless, she could do that, and if Blizzard wanted to destroy Silvermoon for story development, they could indeed use Alleria to accomplish this.
    Agreed. She said in the comic that shall not be named that she wants to "redeem" them, which Sylvanas mocked obviously, because such a notion reflects hope and a fundamental believe in the goodness of the Blood Elves, which she does not share.

Sadly as long as there are two factions in the game it will remain a dream. Blizzard will never take the Belfs away from the Horde. After all, that would make them loose 60% of their playerbase.
    Oh well, now where we can be High Elves with Void-hair like our leader, I am not to bothered about them joining the Alliance anymore. They will regret joining the Horde again and again until the end of time.
    Last edited by Raisei; 2020-10-21 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    I rather be the bad guy then a pathetic alliance boot licker Iike Thrall and Baine are.
    You know the so called alliance boot licker formed the horde right? With no interest in war. And just wanted a home for his people.

Undead - sylvanas can come back.

Then the horde would be fixed.
    It's a bait-thread in disguise, guys.

Our current cast of leading characters is truly pathetic. They are underdeveloped, underused, underpowered and lack any sorts of investment that could draw a horde player emotionally to them. To fix these issues it is needed that the horde council gets replaced with characters that could actually stand off against the big alliance super heroes.

Orcs - kill Thrall. Bring back AU Grommash
    Trolls - Rastakhan and Jindo the Breaker
    Tauren - Sark Ragetotem
    Blood elves - kael’thas Sunstrider
    Nightborne - Grand magistrix Elisande
    Undead - sylvanas can come back.

Then the horde would be fixed.
    I agree, but the horde council smacks of the alliance before the high king nonsense..

But if these powerful people were horde leaders, then that would be awesome. Kael'thas, Elisande, Sylvanas and Rastakhan - are POWERFUL, so is Thrall or Grommash.

But the horde is powerful without op leaders, the reason alliance has OP characters is cos blizzard is too lazy to develop and progress other races outside humans, so other races are literally 1-2 over powered characters who are the only ones that do anything important.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Like i said if they would put some effort in these character instead they turned them into villians for the Alliance to kill and they can only come up with a story that they turn against the Horde just so that we Horde players also have a reason to kill them that is all.
    And they do that because Gazrug, you and many others demand to be villains by wanting the worst people possible as their leaders:

Sylvanas has been a villain since WC3, Garrosh since Cata and even before that everyone knew he was not trustworthy. They haven't been turned into villains, they were villains from the start of their careers and that is exactly why you and Gazrug like them.

But more importantly, you are missunderstanding something. The reason why the Horde keeps being turned against these people is so that the Horde can keep existing after the eventual defeat of their psychopathic leader. Blizzard needs to constantly twist the plot so that you people can enjoy being bad guys while never suffering the punishment for that.

We are on the second time now where the Horde should have been annihilated for all the crimes it has commited and again we pretend that all of that was just the evil Warchief, when everyone knows it is not so. The second time where the Alliance should say "enough" and end the Horde once and for all, but we can't because your status as player characters protects you. So Blizzard has to come up with ridiculous explanations like "Alliance + Horde rebels are not enough to take Orgrimmar" yeah riiiight.

Now we have this resolved, we finally have a peace (as much as I hate that the Alliance is forced to forgive and forget again...) and can stop with this nonesense, but nooo, you people are at it again and Blizzard will again cater to your demands in an expansion or two.

If you ever wonder why the plot of the game can not evolve and get better then realize it is because these demands that force the game to constantly repeat the faction war story. A plot that can never go anywhere meaningful.

I'm not ruining anything. I simply do not roll over to the alliance players like others would. I will fight for repairing the horde until blizzard actually does something about it.
    oh brave keyboard warrior ... may the tide of your battle be ever in your favour ...

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall is easily the best warchief the Horde could have.

And I agree with Kael, but it is too late for him. He always wanted the best for the blood elfs.

I believed that Sylvanas could of been the best leader horde had. And it was shaping up so, initially. Ruthless and tyrannical, sure, but with unshakable loyalty to her people. I believed that in time it would become loyalty to the Horde as a whole.

But the novels and comics pretty much outed her as cartoon evil, and it was just a matter of time 'till she became Garrosh 1.5.

At this point, anything but council type ruling body would make no sense, even for AB's level of writing. And I am glad that Gallywix got ousted, he was a horrible leader choice, which was obvious even in the goblin starting zone. Hell, I think Gazlowe and Lor'themar are the only 2 leaders worth a damn right now, everyone else has more complexes that a 13 year old girl that just hit her growth spur.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    First thought: Unlikely buddy adventure with Geya'rah's gruff edginess and Ji Firepaw's lovable upbeat attitude that has them both grow as people and appreciate what they both bring to the table that is The Horde. I'm telling ya, that is prime short story material.
    Even putting my thoughts on the personality and actions of the Horde council members, I doubt this would work. Usually when Blizzard pulls a character they've been ignoring for years out of the storage bin and want us to suddenly start caring about them it doesn't exactly pan out. Ji is a lost cause by this point. He's so irrelevant and devoid of any meaning he didn't play any significant role even in the expansion he got added in.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    This is perhaps the best argument in favour of Horde Bias™
    Don't you worry, the bright minds that champion the idea of HORDE BIAS hiding in every corner of reality to kidnap and devour the children of Alliance players will find a way. And a way just arrived on a silver platter: Shadowlands. Why did more Horde characters die? So that there'd be more Horde characters in the expansion about the afterlife! I cracked this one right open.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Both elisande and kael have a simmilar story in that they avcepted the legion because they saw no other outcome.

Kael is getting back into the fold.. so what about elisande?
    She should be in revendreth tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Both elisande and kael have a simmilar story in that they avcepted the legion because they saw no other outcome.

Kael is getting back into the fold.. so what about elisande?
    She should be in revendreth tbh.
    Elisande may actually be lost in time or something, given that she reappears and talks to you after you kill her in the Nighthold. Not sure what happened to her if she was actively in the place between timeways when the Nightwell was disrupted by the removal of the Eye of Aman'Thul, though.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Elisande may actually be lost in time or something, given that she reappears and talks to you after you kill her in the Nighthold. Not sure what happened to her if she was actively in the place between timeways when the Nightwell was disrupted by the removal of the Eye of Aman'Thul, though.
    That was just an echo of her. She does get slain in her boss fight.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    That was just an echo of her. She does get slain in her boss fight.
    I'm not quite sure on that score. Echo or not, she reacts to the events of the fight and your defeat of her, and then she also aids the players during the Gul'dan encounter by providing the Time Dilation buff. She fades when the encounter ends, but whether or not she might somehow remain extant to some degree is left open. Not to say it's conclusive either way, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Echeyakee View Post
    I believed that Sylvanas could of been the best leader horde had. And it was shaping up so, initially. Ruthless and tyrannical, sure, but with unshakable loyalty to her people. I believed that in time it would become loyalty to the Horde as a whole.
    Unshakable loyalty? What? Where?

"Before her waited a grotesque, quivering mass of corpses, their armor piecemeal, their bodies broken, the stench unimaginable. Their plaintive, desperate gazes reminded her suddenly of children. They disgusted her. But their need empowered her." - Edge of Night

You said that the novels and comics turned her cartoonishly evil, but that is not quite true, unless you want to make it sound like there is a lot of ingame characterisation for her that would somehow disagree with them and that is simply not the case. Of course she pretends to care about the Forsaken during some of their quests, but we never see her inner thoughts in game. For that the books and comics are the only source and here she considers the Forsaken little more then tools or literal meat shields. Protection against her own death and revisiting of the Maw.

I really don't know where you see this unshakable loyalty.