Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    This seems overly hostile for such a simple opinion that i expressed. There really is no need to be so childish - you said it was "5 quests" in an extremely condescending and immature way, and now you are heavily backtracking to it being an hour and 20 quests. Your "point" is to "stop crying about it" when all i suggested is i would like the option to skip the introduction and get straight into the action.
    The introduction is all action, you're literally killing shit the whole time outside of 3 minutes worth of cutscenes. I dint backtrack stating 5 quests is obvious hyperbole which you cried about (always crying) so I went with the nonhyperbolic route and said 20 and told you to stop crying, which you still are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Well - it isn't good for everyone.

Will take me a week or so to get from 45 to 50.

Killing level equivalent mobs for 22 xp a pop means my rested bar isn't going anywhere, and at 6k a quest it is going to be a long trip.
    What content are you even doing?

I was able to get a character from 45-49 in an hour by just picking the Cataclysm option and running around killing rares. No quests or anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

The dmg scaling is stupid below lvl 20 and tanks need to start with taunt, some ranged tagging attack and at least one aoe ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    What content are you even doing?
    Hunting up stuff around legion... not a lot available, the toon was ready to go into BfA at level 110 and had done most of the levelling content in previous expansions.

I was able to get a character from 45-49 in an hour by just picking the Cataclysm option
    I tried 4 different chromie options, however no options were giving me anything more than 50xp (including rested) XP per kill.

I got 3 levels by doing the saurmar max level zone which gave XP for about 80% of the quests.

Most of the time was spent just finding stuff to give XP.

The issue is specifically to those characters that got to level 110 normally and then got changed to 45 - there was just no content to do.

My 100 (now 40) won't have the issue as it can just do Legion from scratch via Chromie.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Hunting up stuff around legion... not a lot available, the toon was ready to go into BfA at level 110 and had done most of the levelling content in previous expansions.

I tried 4 different chromie options, however no options were giving me anything more than 50xp (including rested) XP per kill.

I got 3 levels by doing the saurmar max level zone which gave XP for about 80% of the quests.

The issue is specifically to those characters that got to level 110 normally and then got changed to 45 - there was just no content to do.

My 100 (now 40) won't have the issue as it can just do Legion from scratch via Chromie.
    Dungeons.

Repeatable daily quest areas such as Isle of QD and Jousting in Northrend.

Do WQs give exp?

Any zones in other expansions you didn't already clear. Unless you caooed at 110 them backfilled every single zone? That seems extreme.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2020-10-21 at 05:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

So, yea, there's something wrong with your character. Have you tried making sure you weren't in a raid somehow? Mobs were giving my 45 400 XP a kill, and the rares were giving 8-12k depending.

I haven't tried it yet, but giving us the option to level in any expansion right off the pat seems like a fun concept to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Dungeons.
    Yeah - wanted to level to 50 some time this year, and 2 hours per dungeon not that fast

Repeatable daily quest areas such as Isle of QD and Jousting in Northrend.
    No daily stuff was giving me XP, possibly because I'd been max level in each of those zones - no idea why.

Do WQs give exp?
    Only a few invasion related ones.

Any zones in other expansions you didn't already clear.
    I'd levelled normally in each of the other zones - so pretty much all the breadcrumbs and starter quests were gone - so I had no way of finding where to find quests to do, that's what took 3 days - just going into each zone to find stuff I could do (I finally found I could do Sauramar).

SO yeah - around 20-30 hours all up from 45-50 including hunting for content. IF I'd not found Sauramar quests - I'd have been royally screwed.

- - - Updated - - -

So, yea, there's something wrong with your character.
    Nope - nothing wrong with the character, the character was ready to do BfA in normal levelling progression - but for some bizarre reason, when they squished my 110 to 45 - they made BfA something I had to be 50 to go and do.

It seems to be specifically a problem with normally levelled 110 toons that got converted to 45. Just had nowhere to go.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah - wanted to level to 50 some time this year, and 2 hours per dungeon not that fast

No daily stuff was giving me XP, possibly because I'd been max level in each of those zones - no idea why.

Only a few invasion related ones.

I'd levelled normally in each of the other zones - so pretty much all the breadcrumbs and starter quests were gone - so I had no way of finding where to find quests to do, that's what took 3 days - just going into each zone to find stuff I could do (I finally found I could do Sauramar).

SO yeah - around 20-30 hours all up from 45-50 including hunting for content. IF I'd not found Sauramar quests - I'd have been royally screwed.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope - nothing wrong with the character, the character was ready to do BfA in normal levelling progression - but for some bizarre reason, when they squished my 110 to 45 - they made BfA something I had to be 50 to go and do.

It seems to be specifically a problem with normally levelled 110 toons that got converted to 45. Just had nowhere to go.
    .. I've gotten 8 seperate 110 lvl toons that got squished down to 45. I haven't had a single issue with any of them - Most of them are 47-48 now, as I just go kill a few rares with rested XP then go back to the inn. They ALL had access to SL content, and I hadn't picked up any quests on a few of them.

They ALL had access to SL content, and I hadn't picked up any quests on a few of them.
    I don't currently have access to Shadowlands content on live.

The issue I had was VERY VERY simple - I didn't have access to appropriate content (BfA) because the quest I was meant to get had been removed ... it is that simple.

Your "point" is to "stop crying about it" when all i suggested is i would like the option to skip the introduction and get straight into the action.
    There are 3 ways to skip it already. Just because there isn't a "Please let me skip" dialogue option doesn't mean you still can't skip it. I've only done that introduction scenario on about 3 toons out of the 27 I have at max level. You could skip it before the pre-patch and you can still skip it now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Been leveling a worgen rogue when I don't have anything else to do. Feels smooth, good changes overall.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I just wish all areas in timewalking leveling were 10-50 so wie don't have to start in Hellfire Peninsula again at 10. I know I know quests build up to other areas but we've done it all. Just let me go directly to Nagrand.

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually hate leveling but I've enjoyed logging into low-level alts recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    I have to say though, I wish we could choose to skip the Death Knight intro now... I'd rather send my fresh DK (not Allied race) to Exile's Reach than slog through WOTLK crap one more time.
    Agreed. I never liked the DK start area. The DH one is more enjoyable but I'd still like to start at Level 1 in ER with those too. And allied races.

Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    Then don’t go holy?
    Oh how silly of me not understanding that the healing spec is the real damage dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    Oh how silly of me not understanding that the healing spec is the real damage dealer.
    Well if you know it’s broke then don’t do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmagoslav View Post
    I went trough WoD;
    Frostfire ridge: lvl 10-30
    Gorgrond: lvl 30-38
    Spires of Arak: lvl 38-45
    Nagrand: lvl 45-50 (I hit level 50 with 2 plot-lines left to do)
    So even with chromie time, you can't do a full expansion. Let alone if you wanna do a dungeon every now and then.

- - - Updated - - -

I think they seriously need to address the expansion intro quests though - WoD in particular should have an option to skip straight to your garrison. Also encountering a LOT of bugs, but the pacing is fun for those who have been playing a long time and done it a bunch already.
    It does. You can go to the cave on the Timeless Isle and teleport right to Gorgrond, then fly/run over to your garrison and set it up immediately. No Tanaan Jungle intro required.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hedren View Post
    It does. You can go to the cave on the Timeless Isle and teleport right to Gorgrond, then fly/run over to your garrison and set it up immediately. No Tanaan Jungle intro required.
    Your way of skipping it is in the game since WoD, but there's an even better way now. Get the introduction quest, go to the Dark Portal, abandon the quest and enter the portal and you are skipping it even more naturally.

Source: Wowhead
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

Quote Originally Posted by hedren View Post
    So even with chromie time, you can't do a full expansion. Let alone if you wanna do a dungeon every now and then.

- - - Updated - - -

This guy had to have heirlooms. I did this path with full heirlooms while doing dungeons and also starting there at level 12 and I didn’t even hit 30 in frostfire. I’m sure without heirlooms and going straight there you could probably get pretty close to finishing it. It’s never going to be perfect. That would be almost impossible to map out