Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuli View Post
    Your way of skipping it is in the game since WoD, but there's an even better way now. Get the introduction quest, go to the Dark Portal, abandon the quest and enter the portal and you are skipping it even more naturally.

That's nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    This guy had to have heirlooms. I did this path with full heirlooms while doing dungeons and also starting there at level 12 and I didn’t even hit 30 in frostfire. I’m sure without heirlooms and going straight there you could probably get pretty close to finishing it. It’s never going to be perfect. That would be almost impossible to map out
    Heirlooms don't give experience anymore.

It feels way better now. I'm liking doing a whole expansion as opposed to Old world, Howling Fjord, Jade Forrest, Frostfire/Shadowmoon/1 Legion zone and the class quests, and then BFA crap.

Quote Originally Posted by hedren View Post
    That's nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Heirlooms don't give experience anymore.
    They do and they don’t. Your resting xp lasts 60% longer which can be pretty huge.

Quote Originally Posted by HateTrain View Post
    It feels way better now. I'm liking doing a whole expansion as opposed to Old world, Howling Fjord, Jade Forrest, Frostfire/Shadowmoon/1 Legion zone and the class quests, and then BFA crap.
    There is no way you can do a whole expansion, especially Wrath with its 8 zones and 100-150 quests in most zones. I was only able to do 4-5 Wrath zones when Wrath released.

- - - Updated - - -

They do and they don’t. Your resting xp lasts 60% longer which can be pretty huge.
    Yeah for that to take any effect, more time would have had to pass. It's only been a week. Not much time for rested experience to accumulate and make much of a difference.

There is no way you can do a whole expansion, especially Wrath with its 8 zones and 100-150 quests in most zones. I was only able to do 4-5 Wrath zones when Wrath released.
    I mean, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ idfc about that 100% shit. Getting through the expansion's leveling content and getting the zone's intended story is totally doable. Just finished actually.

I mean, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ idfc about that 100% shit. Getting through the expansion's leveling content and getting the zone's intended story is totally doable. Just finished actually.
    You just said

It feels way better now. I'm liking doing a whole expansion
    A whole expansion would be 100%. Do you want to do all of it or not?

There is no way you can do a whole expansion...
    Sure there is, just disable exp gains and you can take as long as you want to get to 50...

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah for that to take any effect, more time would have had to pass. It's only been a week. Not much time for rested experience to accumulate and make much of a difference.
    I disagree. Even logging out for a day, you get quite a bit of rested xp, but I agree leveling regardless is still pretty quick

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Yeah - wanted to level to 50 some time this year, and 2 hours per dungeon not that fast

No daily stuff was giving me XP, possibly because I'd been max level in each of those zones - no idea why.

Only a few invasion related ones.

I'd levelled normally in each of the other zones - so pretty much all the breadcrumbs and starter quests were gone - so I had no way of finding where to find quests to do, that's what took 3 days - just going into each zone to find stuff I could do (I finally found I could do Sauramar).

SO yeah - around 20-30 hours all up from 45-50 including hunting for content. IF I'd not found Sauramar quests - I'd have been royally screwed.
    What dungeon are you doing that takes 2 hours? o_O I mean....wtf! Are you playing with AFK people?

And do you not remember which zones you leveled in? Even under oldschool scaling, you would have had MANY zones left over that would never be touched while leveling, especially end-game zones of each expansion. Just talk to Chromie to set your expansion, then manually go to those zones. No breadcrumb quest needed. If I had to guess, I'd say zones like:

Winterspring, Tanaris, Ungoro Crater in vanilla.
    Netherstorm in TBC.
    Scholazar basin, Icecrown, and Stormpeaks in WotLK.
    Twilight Highlands and Uldum in Cata.
    Townlong Steppes and Dread Wastes in MoP.
    Nagrand in WoD.
    Suramar and Argus in Legion

I suppose there's a rare case of a character you've played since the beginning of time that has literally cleared all previous zones while not being 110 before the patch, while also not buying BfA. But that's sort of a problem of your own making by not being in the current expansion. Which would also be solved when shadowlands goes live, and BfA becomes available for your sub.

I would say that being soft-locked to 45 is a natural result of not owning BfA during the pre-patch.

- - - Updated - - -

I just took a level 38 character to the Isle of QD without talking to Chromie. I was leveling in vanilla zones(hinterlands), so my current expansion was not set to TBC. Daily quests are worth exp there, which would make it a very compact and easy place to gain exp.

Went up to the Jousting grounds in WotLK and it was the same there. So I'm not sure what you did wrong or differently. Maybe lvl 45 characters just don't get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    its fine but leveling isn't really fun anymore. We've been able to level fast since at least 2010 in cata. I recently leveled up some old alts and it was fine but at this point its just done to death. I don't believe any real wow players that still don't have every class at max level by now. At that point you're leveling again for 10-12hrs just to make another duplicate class with different skeleton and animation rig its like meh. Leveling alts should give you some tokens or something you can use to buy from a special vendor that has exclusive toy/transmog/mounts that actually incentivize you to level up alts to enhance your main with cool cosmetic features. Not just level up another slave alt to do "mount runs" with.
    I really recommend reading all the quests. Its amazing to level that way.

That only makes a difference on kills. On top of that once you burn through it you are out until it accumulates which takes a bit to fully recharge. At most from 10-60 you'll probably gain 10% of 1 level, if even that, throughout the entire experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    That only makes a difference on kills. On top of that once you burn through it you are out until it accumulates which takes a bit to fully recharge. At most from 10-60 you'll probably gain 10% of 1 level, if even that, throughout the entire experience.
    Yeah, seems like it's only really good for monks in that regard, due to getting easy rested exp. Unless they nerfed that too? I haven't leveled a monk a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Yeah, seems like it's only really good for monks in that regard, due to getting easy rested exp. Unless they nerfed that too? I haven't leveled a monk a long time.
    You are thinking of the Pandaren Racial "Inner Peace" where you earn 2X rested XP.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    You are thinking of the Pandaren Racial "Inner Peace" where you earn 2X rested XP.
    At one point monks would get a quest every 10 levels that would also give a full level of rested exp and a new "belt"(referencing the martial arts tradition of different colored belts as one progresses in skill). But I haven't checked to see if it survived the level squish.

At one point monks would get a quest every 10 levels that would also give a full level of rested exp and a new "belt"(referencing the martial arts tradition of different colored belts as one progresses in skill). But I haven't checked to see if it survived the level squish.
    That quest (and the daily) was just a 50% XP buff, which I believe is gone now. Never got rested or anything like that. Don't recall in MoP anyway. I know in BFA they didn't because I leveled 3 of them during Korrak's for quicker heritage and was doing the quest whenever it was up.

What dungeon are you doing that takes 2 hours?
    Generally about 1 hour+ in the queue.

And do you not remember which zones you leveled in?
    [

Generally did a little bit of all the levelling zones for expansions, no idea what vanilla ones I did.

I would say that being soft-locked to 45 is a natural result of not owning BfA during the pre-patch.
    So - just my level 45 toons don't own BfA, but all my 50 toons do ... well that's a solid theory Sherlock.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

This doesn't make any sense at all. What time are you queuing. After 15 minutes it asks you if you want to expand to all the other expansions. Most I've ever waited on either side was probably 10 minutes. That's not to say you can't go higher, but I find 1 hour harder to believe.

Most dungeons take about 30 minutes in general as well. I think they overtuned the health on the bosses by a lot. You went from killing them in about a minute or so to now taking 2-3 minutes. They just turn into a boring then where you are just hitting buttons and not doing much.

As of pre-patch all accounts have BFA as it is baked into the base game now. The only license that an account may not have is Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post
    I really recommend reading all the quests. Its amazing to level that way.
    its near impossible to go back to that humble sweet mentality when you've been a min maxer since TBC. It would be great but its like once you have seen the red pill truth its not possible to just go back to purposely slowing yourself down by reading quests you've already read/done 10+ years ago. I get what you're saying though.

10+ Year Old Account

[

Generally did a little bit of all the levelling zones for expansions, no idea what vanilla ones I did.

So - just my level 45 toons don't own BfA, but all my 50 toons do ... well that's a solid theory Sherlock.
    Well hopefully this will be useful for you then.

https://www.wowhead.com/quest-completion-tracker

You can load your character there and select any zone, it will tell you which quests you haven't completed and mark them in the map. Surely you'll be able to find more than enough that way.

Let us know how it goes!

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    my thought is leveling in retail feels disgusting atm.

got 10-50 in 7 hours. it should have never been possible

wow is no longer mmorpg in my eyes - its mmo-instance symulator . its lost any right to be called rpg game

if you took 20 hours you must have been taking very long .....sessions in process for it to be so slow.

wont lie getting 1-20 in classic feels much more revarding them getting 1-50 in retail now.

disguested with what blizzard did to this game.
    I mean, it’s still an MMO because it’s an MMO and it’s still an RPG because it’s an RPG.

Levelling is much better, that’s just facts. It’s obvious, being so many expansions down the line, they want people experiencing the most recent content and storylines. The way levelling was with 120 levels to progress through prevented that a massive amount. Levelling didn’t need to be that long.

I do think it’s a little quick, but that’s something they can easily change in the future.