Thread: Genshin Impact

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    So I am stuck between crap characters that I don't want to waste leveling up and having a tough time against some mobs. Granted I am just getting started and my characters are basically the free ones you get within 1 hour of play (Hero, Amber, Lisa, Kaeya, +Noelle).

I was wondering if I could get a character tier list. Possibly two or three best from each element.

Anemo
    Hydro
    Cryo
    Pyro
    Electro
    Geo
    https://genshin.gg/tier-list

Like every tier list...is relative...specially because they take in consideration constellations i think
    EDIT: Oh seems like they dont take constellations in consideration. My bad

So I am stuck between crap characters that I don't want to waste leveling up and having a tough time against some mobs. Granted I am just getting started and my characters are basically the free ones you get within 1 hour of play (Hero, Amber, Lisa, Kaeya, +Noelle).

I was wondering if I could get a character tier list. Possibly two or three best from each element.

Anemo
    Hydro
    Cryo
    Pyro
    Electro
    Geo
    it's all about team setup and stuff like that...
    How do you evaluate a DPS compared to a support/healer for example.

the best F2P team if you didn't do a single wish is
    Hero, Lisa, Barbara, Xiangling (which you will get @ AR20 after doing Abyss 3-3)

I wouldn't start mass-pulling on this banner tbh.
    The weapon banner is super meeeeeh (except for the 5*) and the character-banner is only really good for Sucrose.
    The next one is probably going to be better.

The Water-guy you can pull from the banner has a really good passive for crafting though.

The first banner was top-tier in every regard.
    Venti is one of the strongest support
    Fischl is one of the strongest support/DPS
    Xiangling is a very strong support/DPS
    Barbara is a very strong healer.

literally every single character you got out of that banner was amazing and worth having multiples of.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-10-21 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    https://genshin.gg/tier-list

Like every tier list...is relative...specially because they take in consideration constellations i think
    EDIT: Oh seems like they dont take constellations in consideration. My bad
    Thanks for the reply and link. I understand lists being subjective, but some characters will continuously be higher than others. And it seems that Amber will always be last.

I just want to plan out my usage of exp items and not waste them on characters that will get sidelined.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the reply and link. I understand lists being subjective, but some characters will continuously be higher than others. And it seems that Amber will always be last.

I just want to plan out my usage of exp items and not waste them on characters that will get sidelined.
    Don't put too much stock in Tier lists. Characters can be nerfed/buffed at any time. Play around with all the characters you have and find the ones that you enjoy using. You can easily level all characters up to level 20 for very little and test them all out. That will be worth way more than trying to min/max to get the "best" team. Cause who cares how strong a character may be if you don't enjoy using them.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Don't put too much stock in Tier lists. Characters can be nerfed/buffed at any time. Play around with all the characters you have and find the ones that you enjoy using. You can easily level all characters up to level 20 for very little and test them all out. That will be worth way more than trying to min/max to get the "best" team. Cause who cares how strong a character may be if you don't enjoy using them.
    That's true. I just didn't know how hard/easy to obtain experience was. Like a lot of videos have stated, "don't waste leveling up 1-star artefacts". I just applied that to characters.

That's true. I just didn't know how hard/easy to obtain experience was. Like a lot of videos have stated, "don't waste leveling up 1-star artefacts". I just applied that to characters.
    Eh, artifacts are just a different beast. Since their power comes more from stats than from bonuses you may end with a suboptimal set that has very good stats and ends being better (while BiS is still the same).

Since from 3* upwards artifacts get additional stats each 4 levels, you can farm them until you have a good base, then level it up to 4 and see if it's still good, then go 8 and so on. This way you're not wasting them since in the case they're bad, you can still use them as fodder.

Strangely enough, 4* and 5* are actually harder to roll well because they come with more stats right away (2 on 4* and iirc all 4 stats for 5*) and the chances of them being crap is actually higher. Fortunately they're great fodders for xp.

EDIT: i'm pretty sure i wasted good rolls because i wasn't paying attention and now i'm with a plethora of useless stuff.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I'm so excited! I got keqing also got klee

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Yes.
    Sadly.
    You could wait for an event too. The Crucible thingy had a better EXP/Stamina ratio for example.

It's better than farming for Artifacts though because you are sure to gain something useful.

Just to make sure guys (@the 2 posters above the quoted post here), don't - farm - artifacts. Do not waste your resin on this as long as you have other ways of improving your characters.
    Character books, Ascension mats, even XP books are better.
    Remember that the bosses you have to defeat for the Element-Ascension mats drop one of the best sets too, the Gladiator Set.
    at AR35, I believe you are pretty much guaranteed to recieve a purple item from them. At AR40, I believe it's 2 and a chance of one of them turning into Yellow (I think)

The best time to farm Talent-upgrade books is from AR35 onwards.
    The best time to farm Ascenion material is whenever you upgrade your Worldlevel - until you have enough Ascension materials to upgrade your character *once*. If Ascension is capped by AR-level, don't "pre-farm" it, farm it when you can Ascend. Because you will get better loot due to the better World-Level.
    The best time to farm Weapon materials is - whenever you have Resin left. You might even want to prioritize it over the other 2 things.

If you aren't spending additional Resin, that is enough to use up your Resin every day without wasting anything and keeping like 4-6 characters at top-level.

Try not to farm Books/Weapon Material on Sundays, farm Ascension Materials on Sundays instead.
    this is awesome...do you happen to know of a guide out there that has stuff like this btw?

Quote Originally Posted by Josyel View Post
    Why did you play 30 hours of a game you dont enjoy?
    Because eventually it will offer me something I do enjoy.

It's like wow. The worst part of wow is anything I do outside of raids and dungeons, but you damn well have to do it to get max level every time a new xpac drops. Ergo, I have to put in like 20-40 hours to get BACK to max level so I can get back to doing the actual content and progression I want.

Same with this game. As soon as I get to max AR/max character level and can start running all this content without feeling like my efforts are just going to get invalidated, I'll be more happy to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Because eventually it will offer me something I do enjoy.

It's like wow. The worst part of wow is anything I do outside of raids and dungeons, but you damn well have to do it to get max level every time a new xpac drops. Ergo, I have to put in like 20-40 hours to get BACK to max level so I can get back to doing the actual content and progression I want.

Same with this game. As soon as I get to max AR/max character level and can start running all this content without feeling like my efforts are just going to get invalidated, I'll be more happy to do it.
    for me as a f2p in this game its the complete opposite, the first 30-50 hours is the funniest with most content to do, after that its just login do 4 daily commissions, spend your 120 resin, farm some repatable bosses/mobs for upgrade mats, and logout

there is no "endgame" like in wow, besides maybe spiral abyss, rest is just farming to upgrade your characters

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    there is no "endgame" like in wow, besides maybe spiral abyss
    Spiral abyss is my goal for the time being. If this game is at all like other gachas, it will also mature and get a lot more stuff to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    EDIT: i'm pretty sure i wasted good rolls because i wasn't paying attention and now i'm with a plethora of useless stuff.
    You mean rolls on artifacts?
    I got pretty lucky but is like the other poster said...is not smart to do this because later u will get better stuff guaranteed.
    Im AR 32 free to play so that time is veeeeeery far away from me.
    So i decided to min max a bit at this point...just for fun im not in a hurry

Is more important to spread what u have to have a good 2 team setup for abyss
    Im struggling a bit on that...working on it atm.

But yeah, im taking it slow.
    Is like one youtuber said...DONT RUSH...enjoy the journey

But dont be too crazy or ull suffer a bit later on :3
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2020-10-21 at 03:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    You mean rolls on artifacts?
    I got pretty lucky but is like the other poster said...is not smart to do this because later u will get better stuff guaranteed.
    Im AR 32 free to play so that time is veeeeeery far away from me.
    So i decided to min max a bit at this point...just for fun im not in a hurry

Is more important to spread what u have to have a good 2 team setup for abyss
    Im struggling a bit on that...working on it atm.

But yeah, im taking it slow.
    Is like one youtuber said...DONT RUSH...enjoy the journey

But dont be too crazy or ull suffer a bit later on :3
    Watch this:

Hp Atk Atk% Atk% Atk% till you hit 40.
    Then you start switching to elemental damage (or its type), crit and so on. Depends on your character (as this opens up better set bonuses).

I wouldn't really trust that list. Sure the s tier is pretty accurate but the rest isn't. Barbara is a much better healer than QiQi as you don't even need to keep her out and it has people like Beidou, Ningguang, Kaeya, Noelle, and Sucrose as c tier. Elemental reactions are the most important thing in the game imo. Using Barbara, Beidou, Fischl, and Mona I kill the Pyro Regisvine in like 10 seconds. But aside from elemental reactions it really depends on your preferred playstyle although you def need atleast one greatsword user for easy mining and breaking earth shields unless you are using Ningguang.

If you play Amber as a Charged Elemental Arrow she's pretty good and god tier for open world puzzles.

yay, got a noelle out of the banner with my 10 rolls I saved up... fucking useless

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Then you start switching to elemental damage (or its type), crit and so on. Depends on your character (as this opens up better set bonuses).
    I don't get that dude's calculations for a lot of that stuff, though. Attack (and this includes base attack) absolutely increases diluc's elemental skill and burst damage.

So.. I got Klee in a single 1 wish... and I was 57 wishes away from the pity timer too. haha.. Too bad I'm almost out of exp scrolls and can't even level her up past 18.

Jean - 1st Novice 10x roll
    Venti - 3rd Promo Banner 10x roll
    Klee - 1st New Promo banner wish

F2P account btw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffhead View Post
    yay, got a noelle out of the banner with my 10 rolls I saved up... fucking useless
    Send her do expeditions as punishment

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    So.. I got Klee in a single 1 wish... and I was 57 wishes away from the pity timer too. haha.. Too bad I'm almost out of exp scrolls and can't even level her up past 18.

Jean - 1st Novice 10x roll
    Venti - 3rd Promo Banner 10x roll
    Klee - 1st New Promo banner wish

F2P account btw.
    I fucking hate you. I want Jean and Klee. They both cute as fuck

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    I fucking hate you. I want Jean and Klee. They both cute as fuck

Note, do not hold wind with Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    I don't get that dude's calculations for a lot of that stuff, though. Attack (and this includes base attack) absolutely increases diluc's elemental skill and burst damage.
    Yes, but not elemental reactions.
    Neither does elemental damage bonus.

It's basically like in Diablo or any other MMO

Elemental Damage+ stat (not to be confused with elemental mastery) gets calculated last.

That means Baseattack *x% *y%
    if you have an item with +% elemental damage

vs

Baseattack *(x%+y%)
    if the same item from earlier has +% attack instead of +% elemental damage

and then there is crit too, so that's another multiplier that gets multiplied.
    And the skilldamage modifier etc. etc.
    more modifiers, more damage...compared to 1 big modifier.

edit:

I'm still stuck at Abyss 9-2... I kinda think you want/need a good Anemo character for that shit.
    9-1 is already tedious without.
    But the whole enemy setup pretty much screams "use the elemental fields and reactions to deal sick damage" - especially since overload gets buffed by like 175% or something in there.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-10-21 at 07:27 PM.