Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    That's what, the third time now the Trump administration was trying to pass off blank paper as "evidence" during a photo op or press conference?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a7523426.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...d-b778464.html
    I mean, I can get that they just want a stack of paper that looks big for show and all but like...just fill it with nonsense. 10-15 unique pages, and just copy/past a million times so it looks real at a casual glance. I guess they're saving on ink?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean, I can get that they just want a stack of paper that looks big for show and all but like...just fill it with nonsense. 10-15 unique pages, and just copy/past a million times so it looks real at a casual glance. I guess they're saving on ink?
    They invented Lorem Ipsum for a reason.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Bacon Ipsum
    https://baconipsum.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they would actually give people paper with actual words on them since we get such hilarious reaction memes out of it.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Also, am I crazy or is there a large screen above where Stahl sat, I assume some form of teleprompter for the President (that he totally would never need to use, right? >_>), currently sort of rubbed out? Why even hide it when it appears obvious?

Kinda looks like lighting, but if they've covered it with something to soften it, it has made it look very odd to me.
    I'm pretty sure those are just lights. I assume they're covered in some sort of diffusing material.

10+ Year Old Account
    The GOP is apparently clutching their pearls about Joe Biden riding Amtrack for his campaign.

Trump repeatedly and gleefully violating the Hatch Act and turning the White House, the People's House, into a political prop? That's just fine to them.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda looks like lighting
    I think it is.

There is no way any genuine news group would allow an interview-ee to use a telepromptor. And even if so, putting up there would create the image of Trump looking up for all his answers, suggesting he was lying.

Oh, right. Forgot who I was talking about for a minute there.

- - - Updated - - -

And Trump has multiple rallies from multiple airports from Air Force One and that's the end of that discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

So let's talk about Rudi Giuliani.

He's fucked. Possibly literally.

As TheGuardian reports, in the new Borat film (yes, there's a new Borat film) they sucker Giuliani into an interview with Borat's "daughter" posing as a journalist.

During the "interview", Giuliani coughs, does not socially distance, drinks Scotch (not a problem except during what's supposed to be a serious interview), agrees to eat a fucking bat yes really, and, um, miiiiiiiiight have started groping himself in front of who he thought was a 15-year-old girl.

Yeah, this is the person you'd trust with what you thought were evidence. To the person publicly punked on Borat. The second Borat.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    You know that freedom of speech that twitter and Facebook are attacking?

'Apparently in the Trump era laughing is a crime' | St. Louis activist sues President Trump
    https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/lo...p/63-527544198
    almost as worrying as the fact that there's people who don't laugh when he speaks

So Borat 2 is a must watch now.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

So let's talk about Rudi Giuliani.

He's fucked. Possibly literally.

As TheGuardian reports, in the new Borat film (yes, there's a new Borat film) they sucker Giuliani into an interview with Borat's "daughter" posing as a journalist.

During the "interview", Giuliani coughs, does not socially distance, drinks Scotch (not a problem except during what's supposed to be a serious interview), agrees to eat a fucking bat yes really, and, um, miiiiiiiiight have started groping himself in front of who he thought was a 15-year-old girl.

Yeah, this is the person you'd trust with what you thought were evidence. To the person publicly punked on Borat. The second Borat.

Funny part is he's prob just adjusting the microphone apparatus but since he and his party like to take every single email, picture and meeting out of context....fuck him.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Funny part is he's prob just adjusting the microphone apparatus but since he and his party like to take every single email, picture and meeting out of context....fuck him.
    Mic packs aren't kept in the junkular region. Typically at the hip or in the back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Mic packs aren't kept in the junkular region. Typically at the hip or in the back.
    Yes, but theoretically, he was just tucking in his shirt after running a mic wire under the shirt towards the pack on his hip or in the back.

I'm going to reserve judgement until we have more info.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

everything trump does is projection holy shit
    this whole qanon thing, meanwhile rudy is a pedophile, and trump, and i bet you thats the #1 thing russian intel uses, government sanctioned underaged prostitutes and the FSB video tapes them, and thats the dirt russia has on almost any sicko billionaire including donald trump
    its what putin did to a prosecutor investigating boris yeltsin http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/299354.stm

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Yes, but theoretically, he was just tucking in his shirt after running a mic wire under the shirt towards the pack on his hip or in the back.

I'm going to reserve judgement until we have more info.
    Yeeeeah, but I've never had to lay flat on my back on a bed and pull my pants WAYYY the fuck out to tuck in a shirttail or mic wire...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Texas is being Texas.

New Texas rule lets social workers turn away clients who are LGBTQ or have a disability

It's going to take several Dems being elected there before I listen to anyone claiming Texas is "turning Blue" anytime soon.

Reminder that Giuliani married his cousin and it really shows.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

ya but you have to tuck your shirt in and get settled so you can hip attach the apparatus.

just playing devils advocate not that rudy deserves any support with the shit he's peddling
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    The White House expresses optimism that there will be a COVID relief bill in the next 48 hours.

In other words, Trump is this close to folding.

"Whoa, why couldn't Pelosi be the one to cave?"

She brought the $2.4 trillion number a month or so ago and hasn't budged since. Trump, meanwhile, went from "there will be no deal of any kind ever ever" to "MORE than the Demorats MORE!" in a week. There is no question as to who is winning this one.

So that means one of three things is about to happen.

1) Trump is lying.

2) Trump is telling the truth, he'll cave on Pelosi's deal, and then McConnell will stop it. As this happens just before the election, it lowers the GOP's chance to hold the Senate -- doesn't take much, one or two more seats -- and they have only themselves to blame. Meanwhile Pelosi, not being an idiot, will say "Oh by the way, Biden would have signed this in May" and she'd be right.

3) Trump is telling the truth, McConnell bends over and takes it like a bitch, he still loses because everyone clearly sees he didn't want to do this, Pelosi still mocks Trump, but because it passes, Trump's stock goes up.

But.

Too many people have already voted. I don't buy that there's a huge number of people on the fence saying "Well Trump was blocking a deal for so long, but now that he finally agreed to cave like a bitch, that's my guy!" (pulls lever)

This is yet another "too little too late" from Trump. Quite frankly, his followers should be embarrassed that Trump's caving so hard to Pelosi and trying the "no no more money more money!" approach too. I mean, that's just pathetic. And a drastic change of his plan, which I'll remind you, was that lowball from last month that we talked about on these very forums. Now Trump, behind in the polls, wants over double his previous offer? Yeah, that's someone who's sacrificing his principles. That's not a strong man at all, that's a whimpering little weakling.

- - - Updated - - -

Meanwhile, Texas is being Texas.
    Texas is being tied.

I don't see anything about Trump campaigning there. He, um, he might want to start.

Trump once more owning himself and his administration in a tweet....

As predicted, the pages are fucking blank!

Is there a tl; dr version of what happened here for non-americans? Sorry to be so lazy, but it's been a rough day...

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Is there a tl; dr version of what happened here for non-americans? Sorry to be so lazy, but it's been a rough day...
    Trump stormed out of a 60 Minutes taping for reasons which haven't been completely explained. This is a picture of the interviewer--Leslie Stahl--looking at a book handed to her by MAGA Nanny that is supposed to be Trump's healthcare revisions/policies. A closeup of the book makes it appear the pages are all blank.

FWIW, I don't really think we can infer that all of the pages are blank given that it looks like she's just looking at the first two-three which ARE sometimes blank or have very little text on them.

The interview comes out in a day or so regardless and I expect this will be commented on given the attention it's gotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Yep.

Told you Stahl would peek. And, since Trump walked out of the interview, they have time to fill. Why not show all those blank pages?
    So, they made a hardcover book, not a binder, a book, full of BLANK PAGES? To make it seem like he did something for healthcare? Is he fucking retarded? Rhetorical question.