Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Forums be like:

Six separate months of WoW game time / recurring sub, costs €77; this is fine

Six months of game time with €20 worth of transmog included with a total value of €97, costs €64; ‘omg Blizzard cash hungry or what!!! Sellouts!! Capitalists!! Activision ffs!!! Boo!!’

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Imo I guess mainly the people on a recurring sub that think cancelling their sub is a way of means for making a point towards Blizzard are having issues with deals like these.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    Forums be like:

Six separate months of WoW game time / recurring sub, costs €77; this is fine

Six months of game time with €20 worth of transmog included with a total value of €97, costs €64; ‘omg Blizzard cash hungry or what!!! Sellouts!! Capitalists!! Activision ffs!!! Boo!!’

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Imo I guess mainly the people on a recurring sub that think cancelling their sub is a way of means for making a point towards Blizzard are having issues with deals like these.
    I think it is more that people think it should be obtained from doing activities within the game. I know some poster here tried defending it by saying you can sell your wow gold token and convert it to bnet balance. This is not the point.

People would rather earn said items from doing in game content and have it as a reward or a loot drop. I agree. This is someone who has the long term subs going.

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    What the cinnamon toast fuck is this set..? That look like something you can bought it off from dollar store.
    This is horrid and frankly rather insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    I think it is more that people think it should be obtained from doing activities within the game. I know some poster here tried defending it by saying you can sell your wow gold token and convert it to bnet balance. This is not the point.

People would rather earn said items from doing in game content and have it as a reward or a loot drop. I agree. This is someone who has the long term subs going.
    The great thing is...you absolutely can get it from doing in game things!

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    why does SWTOR have like less than 400k players and only a handful of people running it and they still get amazing cosmetic sets released extremely frequently yet blizzard is a billion dollar company and they give us this shit
    Because you'll all buy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.

Quote Originally Posted by Wythel View Post
    So we live in a world where :
    - some artist at Blizzard proposed this design
    - art management greenlighted the concept
    - time & ressources were dedicated to create this in the game engine, debug etc...
    - another manager proposed this could be a Reward for dedicated players
    - some high-level manager said "OK, Excellent work, our players desserve it."

How can a company fail at every management level ?
    And then people spent money to buy it... Sounds like a success to me

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    The great thing is...you absolutely can get it from doing in game things!
    Really? So I can get it from a boss or completing an achievement? I don't have to spend money or convert gold into a token that I hope sells and turn it into battlnet balance?

15+ Year Old Account
    Really? So I can get it from a boss or completing an achievement? I don't have to spend money or convert gold into a token that I hope sells and turn it into battlnet balance?
    Earning gold is an in-game activity. Just because you convert it to two tokens doesn't change that you've earn it through in-game activities.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Kyrian might work with that (but I think they also get their own mount)
    Well with how on the nose this new set is, it would be interesting to see some more things along those lines. Some people such as myself like to match transmog with mounts. Seeing sets to go along with others would be pretty cool and smart business too if they were to sell some bundles.

Sidenote: Can't the wow token be used as shop currency? Meaning you can get everything on the shop through in game means, so people who are mad that Blizz has been adding more shop items don't really have much of a leg to stand on the way I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Earning gold is an in-game activity. Just because you convert it to two tokens doesn't change that you've earn it through in-game activities.
    Right, again this really needs to be pointed out to you and a few others. There is real world money being exchanged for this item. Someone has to buy said token.

Let me clarify it for you. I would much prefer this item as a "Direct" reward for completing in game activities. Be it a boss drop or an achievement for completing something. I figured it was pretty clear in my posts at what I was getting at.

I must point out, that not everyone has tons of gold to enable them to sell for Tokens. I for one don't have that amount of gold. IRL Money is not the issue, it is the principle. If people want to buy the item thats up to them. I won't shit on them for doing so. I just disagree with it only being on the store and you having to buy it there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seems to be the same silly style as the Blizzcon virtual ticket transmog set. So probably was supposed to be a reward from this year's Blizzcon. The trailer also seems like it was made in 10 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got mine and I love it. The fact that the hood goes OVER the undead's spine is great. Some might not like the aesthetic for their characters, but all the detail and layers...even if it isn't your thing it's high quality. The only thing now is to find a weapon that goes with it. Too many dark/edgy weapons. If I could use a staff, that would be different.

15+ Year Old Account
    Right, again this really needs to be pointed out to you and a few others. There is real world money being exchanged for this item. Someone has to buy said token.
    So? You also have to pay real life money to keep access to and to use the item. It doesn't matter. You can earn any cash shop item in game by using gold and a token. If you don't have a ton of gold to make use of that method it still doesn't change anything. Because gold sink items exist regardless of being able to afford it or not. Earning an item through a carry, achievement, rep, grind etc is no different then earning enough gold to convert to tokens to buy said item.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Imurbandaid View Post
    Because you'll all buy it.
    I certainly wont, wouldn't use this shit even if they gave it to me for free

Goes quite well with RPing a spoony bard, gotta say. Though I generally don't use the wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Adeptus Astartes View Post
    This is what I'm talking about.

Last time we got a game, now we get ... this atrocity.

And I'm totally thrilled that there's going to be a part of the cash shop for Transmogging.
    Last time we got a boat. Unless you're skipping that and going all the way to the annual pass in Cata/MoP.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So? You also have to pay real life money to keep access to and to use the item. It doesn't matter. You can earn any cash shop item in game by using gold and a token. If you don't have a ton of gold to make use of that method it still doesn't change anything. Because gold sink items exist regardless of being able to afford it or not. Earning an item through a carry, achievement, rep, grind etc is no different then earning enough gold to convert to tokens to buy said item.
    I will concede you are right about gold sink items. That does not change the fact that you have to directly buy this transmog item. I play blizzard to access the servers and play the game I want, the way I want. I don't want to additionally pay them for items rather than getting them from completing content and being rewarded directly. It is not that hard a concept to grasp.

I am not saying that people who do pay for it shouldn't it is their money and they are welcome to spend it how they wish. I will disagree with you and won't change my mind on it that gold farming (well playing the AH) is just like any other game activity. It is not on any level the same. I don't expect you will change your opinion either. So will leave it at that. You could argue the time taken for some achievements or drop rates and earning gold in the same amount of time would equal the same. I would probably agree there.

Every other day the bar gets lower and the mindless zombies defend any actions a billion dollar company does like they work for their pr. Except they don't get paid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Does FFXIV have a sub fee?
    Yes, and full priced expansions, and their shop has way more stuff in it than WoW does. Mounts, pets, a ton of cosmetic gear, emotes, player housing items, etc.