Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    This doesn't make any sense at all. What time are you queuing.
    Generally 7pm-midnight Fri-Sun Oceanic time. To give you idea - I had to wait well over 5 minutes just to do the Battle for Loderian scenario

Most dungeons take about 30 minutes in general as well. I think they overtuned the health on the bosses by a lot.
    I don't have a lot of luck with persistence of puggers ... people leave and have to be replaced etc.

Anyway - the issue would be easily solved if they let 110 -> 45 toons proceed into BfA as they could before the prepatch.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    I feel the same.

I just leveled an alt. I felt it was over before it even started. It felt something was missing.

I would like the option to extend it. It takes roughly one expansion worth of content to get to 50lvl. I would like an option to extend that to two or something.
    "Felt like it is missing something"
    "want an extra expansion"
    You mean like Shadowlands?
    Nothing that exists in 9.0 is intended for level 50 content. Today is a placeholder. The next expansion is the full journey.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Generally about 1 hour+ in the queue.

[

Generally did a little bit of all the levelling zones for expansions, no idea what vanilla ones I did.

So - just my level 45 toons don't own BfA, but all my 50 toons do ... well that's a solid theory Sherlock.
    Characters can't own expansions, only accounts. You either own it or you don't, unless we're talking about multiple accounts here?

And if your accounts own BfA, then just go to the throne room, pick up the quest to begin the expansion, and go from there.

I'm honestly confused as to the actual nature of the problem at this point.

The most shocking thing is that I CHOSE to get a character through Outland and another on Northrend, like hot damn I am shooketh

That quest (and the daily) was just a 50% XP buff, which I believe is gone now. Never got rested or anything like that. Don't recall in MoP anyway. I know in BFA they didn't because I leveled 3 of them during Korrak's for quicker heritage and was doing the quest whenever it was up.
    Hmmmm...maybe I was confusing the 50% bonus when it combined with rested exp and assuming it was all rested xp. I'll bow to your more recent interaction with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway - the issue would be easily solved if they let 110 -> 45 toons proceed into BfA as they could before the prepatch.
    Ahh..ok. So the quest to begin BfA just doesn't show up? Not on the event board or on an NPC outside the throne room? For horde it's a grunt just outside, not 100% sure where it would be for alliance(I'll check after I get back from work).

This does seem like a bug or something. Sorry if I missed that earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Turn off XP and go through as many as you want.

I'm so glad they decided to do this. This was asked for for years and makes sense lore wise. I'd rather be one and done. Nothing more boring than the old 1-xxx with the same routine. I know they changed it up a bit recently like 60-80 in TBC or WotLK and such, but this is a much better arrangement.
    Have they changed how you turn off xp or do you still have to haul buns back to a capital city and find the stealthed guy?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    The most shocking thing is that I CHOSE to get a character through Outland and another on Northrend, like hot damn I am shooketh
    It's so good. I never chose outland before because I despise most of the zones, especially hellfire peninsula, but on my DH who I had at 110 before I figured "what the heck, Netherstorm seems nice this time of year." The total freedom of it is just wonderful and I leveled all my alts that I had left unfinished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    So the quest to begin BfA just doesn't show up?

Correct - and it is apparently 'by design' ... was told that it shows up at 50 (or at 10 if you pick that path). But if you are already at 45 - then you are screwed.

Normally what would have happened after The Loderon instance is that I'd get told to go and talk to Magni in Sithilus.

That breadcrumb wasn't there, neither did Magni have the quest - and no quests were available in Boralas even if I sailed there (except for the scrapper quest).

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

It does. My 110 toon was able to start BFA immediately. You are always placed into the BFA timeline. The only time you aren't is when you go and turn on Chromie time.

Hmmmm...maybe I was confusing the 50% bonus when it combined with rested exp and assuming it was all rested xp. I'll bow to your more recent interaction with it.
    I mean I could be wrong as I didn't level a new one through WoD/Legion so it might've changed at one point too.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Have they changed how you turn off xp or do you still have to haul buns back to a capital city and find the stealthed guy?
    You talk to the stealth guy to turn it off.

Correct - and it is apparently 'by design' ... was told that it shows up at 50 (or at 10 if you pick that path). But if you are already at 45 - then you are screwed.

Normally what would have happened after The Loderon instance is that I'd get told to go and talk to Magni in Sithilus.

That breadcrumb wasn't there, neither did Magni have the quest - and no quests were available in Boralas even if I sailed there (except for the scrapper quest).
    That's the Heart of Azeroth. Only it is level 50 capped. Everything else proceeds as normal.

This might be dumb "make sure it's plugged in"...but have you gone back to Chromie and seen if there's an option to choose BfA again?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    It can be a little jarring if you haven't read up on it prior, in particular the whole booting you out of Chromie time at 50 (honestly feels like a warning should trigger at level 49 that informs you of XP pause option to finish campaign). But aside from that, and a few other teething problems, I think it's great.
    Eh? Chromie time?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Ahh..ok. So the quest to begin BfA just doesn't show up? Not on the event board or on an NPC outside the throne room? For horde it's a grunt just outside, not 100% sure where it would be for alliance(I'll check after I get back from work).

Not quite, you can do BfA normally, what you can't do is any HoA content during leveling and instead it unlocks at lvl 50 -with the HoA itself now having a minimum lvl req of 40 in case you cheese it-

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    It's so good. I never chose outland before because I despise most of the zones, especially hellfire peninsula, but on my DH who I had at 110 before I figured "what the heck, Netherstorm seems nice this time of year." The total freedom of it is just wonderful and I leveled all my alts that I had left unfinished.
    For sure; a lot of these zones are just not optimal for leveling, but there is a sense of progression now, and whenever you choose it during your leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    The leveling experience itself is great, i agree. Dungeons feel a bit jarring though. Everything takes ages to kill, but it's still really easy, so you just stand there for 5 minutes without ever really having to pay attention to anything, just watching hp bars sloooooowly go down.

Edit: Also, i really don't like the removal of the satchel of helpful goods. Between that, almost no gear quest rewards, and almost no drops from dungeons, i think i haven't gotten a new piece of gear in about 25 levels now.
    The satchel is still there for me when I do Random Classic Dungeons. I would have assumed it would also still be there when you do other expansion dungeons that offered it once you had multiple dungeons unlocked. You can't very well queue up for a random dungeon when you only have access to one dungeon.

Random dungeons for bfa never offered a satchel as far as I recall. They always gave AP (and still do)... which I do admit seems a bit odd now when you don't even start with the neck anymore.

EDIT: After further testing... if I select different expansions via Chromie time with a high enough level character (a level 25 Death Knight in this case), I still get the satchel from Cata (which includes the low lvl classic dungeons), TBC, WOTLK, and MoP. WoD and Legion do not offer the satchel and that's probably a bug. BfA offers AP which might need to change since the neck isn't granted until 50 now.
    Last edited by Kyriani; 2020-10-22 at 03:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if BFA is bugged for him he should be able to finish leveling with other quests in other zones.

It does. My 110 toon was able to start BFA immediately. You are always placed into the BFA timeline. The only time you aren't is when you go and turn on Chromie time.
    He should be able to quest normally through BFA, the only locked quest should be the HoA. But even if it's bugged, I've provided an alternate solution on how to find quests he hasn't done.

You may have missed my reply, but you can check which quests you haven't completed in any zone using this tool. I tested it myself and works correctly, so check which zones you have incompleted quests in and you can quickly level up whatever you have remaining.

https://www.wowhead.com/quest-completion-tracker

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Not quite, you can do BfA normally, what you can't do is any HoA content during leveling and instead it unlocks at lvl 50 -with the HoA itself now having a minimum lvl req of 40 in case you cheese it-

HoA or not, from what I understand the main problem was a lack of available content from 45 to 50. So even if the HoA isnt available, you should still be able to do the regular BfA quests at 45.

Maybe the two quest chains are tied together somehow? But that doesn't make sense since exiles reach players can go straight to BfA content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    Even if BFA is bugged for him he should be able to finish leveling with other quests in other zones.]
    There's also daily quests which are worth exp. Although he said they werent for his lvl 45, so there might be a level cutoff at some point. I'll test it when my current alt reaches 40+

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    I feel the same.

I just leveled an alt. I felt it was over before it even started. It felt something was missing.

I would like the option to extend it. It takes roughly one expansion worth of content to get to 50lvl. I would like an option to extend that to two or something.

Generally speaking it was relatively ok, though. Since this is the case, its probably considered success by blizz and they won't touch it until they feel like they need to fix something that isn't broken like usual.
    Uhm, u got 100% xp bonus buff...

That's the Heart of Azeroth. Only it is level 50 capped. Everything else proceeds as normal.

Well - it didn't proceed as normal, the stuff that happened when BfA first launched (which involved heading to Sithilus to talk to Magni) did not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    Well if you know it’s broke then don’t do it.
    So what class and spec is not broken like the Holy paladin? Prot and Ret oneshots as well, just with crappy healing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Leveling experience is much much better now. Getting new abilities or talents on most levels is fun. With heirlooms not affecting XP, I can finally ignore them and enjoy constant gear upgrades. Even random world drop greens are potential upgrades.

I've found some bugs with quest NPC summoning items in LK areas (many of them just never show up in inventory). Tuning is pretty rough, as a low level healer I've had huge problems outhealing encounters that I remembered as absolutely trivial even in greens, for example first few bosses in Oculus, some bosses in HoL. On higher levels it was much easier, however we encountered another potential tuning issue at Utgard Pinnacle endboss - it's just hitting way too hard.

Biggest problem however is that the quality of old content is very low compared to new. Too much pointless running around in Icecrown, I literally gave up after a few hours and moved to Dragonblight. Many quests don't have some of the modern markers on mobs/minimap and this is confusing after getting used to all the hand holding. Several quest rewards are very badly itemized (no secondary stats).

Overall it's a very good change.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Eh? Chromie time?
    What about Chromie time?

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't gotten to level 50 yet, but so far I enjoy it. I get to go to expansion (for now) in which I miss the Loremaster of and just play the areas I need. Feels decent and as I've never been much of a dungeon runner, then the leveling pace for just questing seems very nice. Yes, I have looms, but most of them are not upgraded even. Feels nice to play without having the need to swap between expansion, however the lack of flying in WoLK while leveling is bit annoying, but noting too major.

As for questing itself - I find myself regularly actually reading the quest texts or looking the quest up in wowhead, cause the markers that these are the mobs you need to kill to loot are not there (they were not there before the patch as well).
    Overall the experience is enjoyable and gives me actual hope that I feel good in getting my allied races mog sets finally.