Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I think someone said its both Light and Arcane and well what with the Legion having its own dark Pantheon...the Sunwell seemed small by comparison.
    They only wanted the original well to summon Sargeras and then used this one for KJ(maybe not big enough for Sargeras). Daddy was probably already on the way or something so why bother especially with the rest of the forces able to get there quickly.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    demons didn't bother to launch any attacks on Light related targets.
    but didn't they attack Hearthglen, one of the training grounds for the Silver Hand?
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds more like they attack the Argent Crusade for launching an attack on them at the Broken Shore before the main factions, and not because they're a "Light-related target".

Also, I doubt the demons would be able to attack Quel'thalas now, they drained the Well of Eternity, they claimed the Nightwell, but they left the Sunwell alone? Sounds more like the elves protected the Sunwell enough that a new attack wouldn't be viable until more forces where brought in. Also, lets not forget the elves restored the runestones and Ban'doniriel to protect their kingdom, and we know Dalaran and Suramar where both unviable targets while they were under their own domes (which I assume is the same concept as the Ban'dinoriel).

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowtwili View Post
    Sounds more like they attack the Argent Crusade for launching an attack on them at the Broken Shore before the main factions, and not because they're a "Light-related target".
    I see, then they should have attacked the now Argent-controlled Tyr's Hand too but then again it would mean having to update the zone and Blizzard probably didn't want to
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    In their defense, technically Tyrande and Malfurion wanted nothing to do with him after he took the skull's power. It was a little weird for Illidan to not make an attempt to contact Tyrande as everything he did was to either save his own butt or to win her affections while he claimed it was for "the greater good". But hey maybe the last time she shunned him was truly it and everything he did was to protect himself from the Legion.
    Imo it's just another in a long line of Blizzard taking a well-known character and making them a parody of themselves, just trying to have a big fancy spectacle and recognizable name to attract subs. "In case of low subs, break fel crystal prison and bring Illidan back to life."

I hope they do Arthas, Kael'thas, and the rest of the gang justice in Shadowlands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowtwili View Post

Also, I doubt the demons would be able to attack Quel'thalas now, they drained the Well of Eternity, they claimed the Nightwell, but they left the Sunwell alone? Sounds more like the elves protected the Sunwell enough that a new attack wouldn't be viable until more forces where brought in. Also, lets not forget the elves restored the runestones and Ban'doniriel to protect their kingdom, and we know Dalaran and Suramar where both unviable targets while they were under their own domes (which I assume is the same concept as the Ban'dinoriel).
    I'm sure the Legion knew Quel'thalas is there, since they had Kael'thas there. I just wish we could've had the opportunity to perhaps defend Quel'thalas and drive the demons back to explain why they didn't go after the Sunwell like the other wells.

Quote Originally Posted by Koryn123 View Post
    Imo it's just another in a long line of Blizzard taking a well-known character and making them a parody of themselves, just trying to have a big fancy spectacle and recognizable name to attract subs. "In case of low subs, break fel crystal prison and bring Illidan back to life."

I hope they do Arthas, Kael'thas, and the rest of the gang justice in Shadowlands.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sure the Legion knew Quel'thalas is there, since they had Kael'thas there. I just wish we could've had the opportunity to perhaps defend Quel'thalas and drive the demons back to explain why they didn't go after the Sunwell like the other wells.
    I mean yeah that was pretty obvious as all of the people who were tweens when they played the games with him in it and somehow thought he was cool. Illidan is a spoiled brat. Nothing more nothing less, but there were a large group of people who somehow think he was done an injustice in BC when he deserved to die because of the atrocities he committed in trying to save his own butt by fighting the Legion. I mean let's be real, they got their money from it and they'll probably do the same with these ones that don't really deserve to get more screen time.

Yup, while we helped ugly drogbar and boring dead night elf ghosts, our followers got to hang out in the old world doing cool stuff in areas we care about.
    You're seriously stretching for a reason to be negative aren't you? Trying to portray us going to new content while everyone else has to fighting rank and file in the oldest part of the game as a bad thing.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Love and bondage gear if M'uru is any indication.
    It was a BDSM relationship :> Too bad that it didn't last long, and it became a regular, "vanilla" liaison /sigh
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

belf obsessed sycophants obviously dont wanna hear it but the op is correct. as soon as blizz makes the naaru invasion patch (which could be in shadowlands tbh) they are gonna show up in silvermoon and brainwash a bunch of belves to be their minions along with the lightbound and whoever else they can get. they added golden eye belfs for a reason and im sorry but its not because anyone at blizz honestly gives a shit about what color your belf's eyes should technically be with whatever current mixture of magic energy is in the sunwell. its because they made them for light-brainwashed belf models and decided it would be cool to give them to players too.

Infracted.

since the future content of factions in wow is going to be based around an alliance and horde reconciliation its also most likely the void elves and surviving blood elves will have to work together to take silvermoon back and end up sharing it, ending the schism between high/blood/void elves.

you may think this is unlikely but thats only your own bias talking and your fear of the story no longer being about fascism. the writing has been on the wall for months. better get ready for it.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-10-22 at 03:56 AM. Reason: Received Infraction
    they hated sillag because he told them the truth

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    the sunwell is arcane/light.
    the sunwell was restored using the core of a vanquished naaru. so it's pretty based in the light.

as for the main topic, i don't think the lightbound would care about the sunwell as an invasion point. they have the exodar so they already have a safe spot for entry. i would think they would invade the city from the outside to try and limit damage to the naaru core to try and revive muru.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    They only wanted the original well to summon Sargeras and then used this one for KJ(maybe not big enough for Sargeras). Daddy was probably already on the way or something so why bother especially with the rest of the forces able to get there quickly.
    That was always how I envisioned it. The original Well was the only thing strong enough to make a portal for Sargeras so when that failed he trekked across the universe the old fashioned way. He was gonna get here and win no matter what. The only question was whether his minions could get here first and giftwrap the planet for us. That's what Illidan knew and why we needed to go to Argus to find something that could stop Sargeras or we were all dead and living on borrowed time. If we hadn't freed the pantheon and disabled Argus right as Sargeras arrived we would've been fubar'd.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    That was always how I envisioned it. The original Well was the only thing strong enough to make a portal for Sargeras so when that failed he trekked across the universe the old fashioned way. He was gonna get here and win no matter what. The only question was whether his minions could get here first and giftwrap the planet for us. That's what Illidan knew and why we needed to go to Argus to find something that could stop Sargeras or we were all dead and living on borrowed time. If we hadn't freed the pantheon and disabled Argus right as Sargeras arrived we would've been fubar'd.
    Wasn’t he missing. Nobody knew where he was for a long time. Swear I read that somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbidaggy View Post
    Wasn’t he missing. Nobody knew where he was for a long time. Swear I read that somewhere
    He didn't make any physical appearances, though he did speak to people, like to Varimathras when he was about to lose in the first Battle of Undercity and to Kil'jaeden in the Tomb of Sargeras. My personal headcanon is that the universe is so huge that even for planet-sized beings crossing it takes a long time. Which is why he tried to get a portal made first. Think Star Trek Voyager, except they're not just crossing from one end of a galaxy to another, but the universe. 25,000 isn't so unbelievable. Or also like the Rakata Empire from Star Wars Legends. They could take portals from one world to another under certain circumstances, but had to resort to spaceflight which took a long time otherwise.

You lost me with those comparisons but I understand what you’re saying. I just thought that not even KJ or Archimond knew where he was so they essentially took over and were pretending everything was fine

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    the sunwell was restored using the core of a vanquished naaru. so it's pretty based in the light.

as for the main topic, i don't think the lightbound would care about the sunwell as an invasion point. they have the exodar so they already have a safe spot for entry. i would think they would invade the city from the outside to try and limit damage to the naaru core to try and revive muru.
    Can dimensional spaceships like the Exodar travel throughout time and space though? I'm not so sure... I mean, we didn't see a single Legion spaceship helping Archimonde during his invasion of AU Draenor. I don't know if the technology is there yet.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Can dimensional spaceships like the Exodar travel throughout time and space though? I'm not so sure... I mean, we didn't see a single Legion spaceship helping Archimonde during his invasion of AU Draenor. I don't know if the technology is there yet.
    we didn't see a single legion spaceship UNTIL legion. from what we know, the legion likes portals more because it's instant travel. the lightbound also had their own ship (forget what it was called) that was shot down. considering these ships were made by the draenei and the lightbound have had thousands of years to study and reverse engineer legion ships, it would make some sense that they can travel as far as legion ships.

we didn't see a single legion spaceship UNTIL legion. from what we know, the legion likes portals more because it's instant travel. the lightbound also had their own ship (forget what it was called) that was shot down. considering these ships were made by the draenei and the lightbound have had thousands of years to study and reverse engineer legion ships, it would make some sense that they can travel as far as legion ships.
    You're confusing the AU Lightbound with the MU Lightforged. The ship that was shot down is the Xenedar, which belongs to the MU Lightforged (aka the playable ones) and is completely unrelated. The AU Lightbound (the ones I'm talking about) appear only in the Mag'har recruitment scenario, they are Light fanatics led by Yrel and formed 30 years after Archimonde's defeat in WoD. In that scenario, there's no indication that they have spaceships. That's my point.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-10-22 at 01:51 PM.

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

Having Varian in Icecrown Citadel instead of Tirion, being Arthas's adoptive brother, would've been so cool.
    The way I just laughed. That would have been some terrible fan-fiction bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    You're confusing the AU Lightbound with the MU Lightforged. The ship that was shot down is the Xenedar, which belongs to the MU Lightforged (aka the playable ones) and is completely unrelated. The AU Lightbound (the ones I'm talking about) appear only in the Mag'har recruitment scenario, they are Light fanatics led by Yrel and formed 30 years after Archimonde's defeat in WoD. In that scenario, there's no indication that they have spaceships. That's my point.
    you're not wrong but the lightbound and the naaru have shown no ability to make portals or ships that can travel between timelines. so even if they could detect the sunwell, they would have no way to travel to it. even then, how would the lightbound know which lightwell energy is ours? the only reason wod really made any sense was because it was the machinations of a bronze dragon who had experience time traveling and did experiments with the hourglass.

i would also believe that the lightbound and naaru have no such ability to travel between timelines because if they could, why were the lightbound on the xenedar nearly defeated? why wouldn't lightbound from other timelines reinforce our lightbound so that the light doesn't lose it's strongest foothold in our timeline.

also, reviewing how we recruited the maghar, the only reason the horde are able to make contact with the maghar is because eitrigg had a piece of the hourglass that was connected to the AU. and even then, we required the help of a bronze dragon to use it. the more you look at it, the more it seems like au lightbound have no part to play as it is.

edit: also, my main post WAS refering to MU lightbound.

you're not wrong but the lightbound and the naaru have shown no ability to make portals or ships that can travel between timelines. so even if they could detect the sunwell, they would have no way to travel to it. even then, how would the lightbound know which lightwell energy is ours? the only reason wod really made any sense was because it was the machinations of a bronze dragon who had experience time traveling and did experiments with the hourglass.

i would also believe that the lightbound and naaru have no such ability to travel between timelines because if they could, why were the lightbound on the xenedar nearly defeated? why wouldn't lightbound from other timelines reinforce our lightbound so that the light doesn't lose it's strongest foothold in our timeline.

also, reviewing how we recruited the maghar, the only reason the horde are able to make contact with the maghar is because eitrigg had a piece of the hourglass that was connected to the AU. and even then, we required the help of a bronze dragon to use it. the more you look at it, the more it seems like au lightbound have no part to play as it is.

Because you have to think from the point of view of a writer. Yes, it's true, the Lightbound are currently confined to the AU dimension and have no way to cross over to ours, but then why introduce them in the first place? There must be a reason why Blizzard completely overhauled Yrel and the AU Draenei, turning them into imperialist fanatics of the Light... writers don't do things randomly, contrary to popular belief. That's why I predict the Lightbound will find a way into the MU timeline in a future expansion, I think a Lightbound Invasion is inevitable. The build-up is too strong to ignore.

That's the crux of our misunderstanding. The term "Lightbound" refers exclusively to Yrel and her fanatics. Turalyon and co. don't refer to themselves as Lightbound, so just call them Lightforged or Army of the Light. It's not even just a semantic difference, the Lightbound are way more obsessed with the Light than our MU Lightforged. They would never band with Illidan after he killed the Light-Mother, like Turalyon and co. did.