Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    They don't count. My mount counter has stayed the same (and yes I checked Paladin, DK, Warlock who get extra mounts) when receiving store mounts. It will count in the journal, but not the achievement. You can search and see multiple reports confirming this.
    I can disagree with that because I used store mounts to get me the achievement that gave me the FellFire Hawk. You have to make sure to log on to your character that can use the most mounts to get the meter to go up. That is what I did.

just got mine now

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    I can disagree with that because I used store mounts to get me the achievement that gave me the FellFire Hawk. You have to make sure to log on to your character that can use the most mounts to get the meter to go up. That is what I did.
    mounts are boring now

Yes, I know how it works and my main is also a paladin (who can get the most mounts anyway I believe). It doesn't count so maybe you had a mount that didn't register? Class mounts count for the achievement even if it's the wrong class so you can get +23 that way. Perhaps you earned one but never logged onto the max toon?

Yes, I know how it works and my main is also a paladin (who can get the most mounts anyway I believe). It doesn't count so maybe you had a mount that didn't register? Class mounts count for the achievement even if it's the wrong class so you can get +23 that way. Perhaps you earned one but never logged onto the max toon?
    I logged on to my toon that uses the most after each store mount and it went up by 1 every time I bought one and I bought multiples to get that FellFire Hawk. Previous to that I logged on to that toon with the last non store mount I had gotten. So there weren't any mounts that hadn't registered.

I logged on to my toon that uses the most after each store mount and it went up by 1 every time I bought one and I bought multiples to get that FellFire Hawk. Previous to that I logged on to that toon with the last non store mount I had gotten. So there weren't any mounts that hadn't registered.
    Well I mean I can't change your mind or anything, but can tell you they definitely do not count and there are ton of reports confirming the same behavior as well.

Not sure why people pay for this, Blizzard literally pay you to have it if you want it.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Well I mean I can't change your mind or anything, but can tell you they definitely do not count and there are ton of reports confirming the same behavior as well.
    But they did count for me. There is nothing to change. I have the FellFire Hawk to prove it.

Show me the link from Blizzard saying they don't count. Because reports claiming they don't count doesn't make it true.

They're selling an MTX that is also free to those who get a discounted 6-month sub. What exactly is the issue?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    FFXIV does this no one cares.

WoW does this everyone loses their mind.
    WoW did it since Wrath, I hardly saw complaints about pets being behind a paywall. No clue why people are complaining about this business now.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I have never unsubbed from wow since 2004 however I pay month by month and this transmog is not going to change my habits. I would have preferred a fancy mount or some weapon transmog. Either way something less circus clown and more battle oriented.
    Why on earth would you do that its much cheaper to do the long term subs. I've been subbed since launch and have always used the 6 month or 12 month options. Its probably like 400-500$ in savings at this point.

But yeah I agree a mount would have been better.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Why on earth would you do that its much cheaper to do the long term subs. I've been subbed since launch and have always used the 6 month or 12 month options. Its probably like 400-500$ in savings at this point.

But yeah I agree a mount would have been better.
    buyying 6 months you get 1 "free" month worth of value.
    Buyying 12 months you got 2 "free" months worth of value.

So over 15 years thats 30 free months.
    meaning yeah right down the middle, 450$ saved.

It actually even tells you on the subscription page.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The funny thing though is that you can get it without paying. You can buy two WoW Tokens for 275k gold, exchange it for $30 bnet balance to buy the set. It isn't even that expensive as far as vanity items go.

10+ Year Old Account
    What an ugly mog.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

15+ Year Old Account
    Do you mind finding some of those reports? Because as recent as Legion they were counting and I don't really want to buy a store mount to test it out.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

There are also plenty of people reporting store mounts DO count as well. Some claim the counter doesnt update until a non-store mount is learned, which is strange, but not unheard of.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    The funny thing though is that you can get it without paying. You can buy two WoW Tokens for 275k gold, exchange it for $30 bnet balance to buy the set. It isn't even that expensive as far as vanity items go.
    Shhh, logic is forbidden here, only rage and tears how blizzard is trying to milk your money and rips you off while offering shit in return.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Shhh, logic is forbidden here, only rage and tears how blizzard is trying to milk your money and rips you off while offering shit in return.
    LOL

I'm genuinely surprised at the short memories that people have. They gave away the Steam Incinerator drake (that robot dragon mount) away in August to six month subs, and before that it was Squeakers, and before that it was the feathered drake, and before that it was the pirate ship I believe. Hell, you don't even have to pay for the transmog directly -- just use gold to buy bnet balance and use that to buy 6 months of subscription. I, personally, moved to a 6-month sub when I realized how long I had been playing this game for, and how much money I could have saved by doing a 6 month sub instead of a monthly sub. Stuff like this is just the cherry on the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrysis View Post
    LOL

I'm genuinely surprised at the short memories that people have. They gave away the Steam Incinerator drake (that robot dragon mount) away in August to six month subs, and before that it was Squeakers, and before that it was the feathered drake, and before that it was the pirate ship I believe. Hell, you don't even have to pay for the transmog directly -- just use gold to buy bnet balance and use that to buy 6 months of subscription. I, personally, moved to a 6-month sub when I realized how long I had been playing this game for, and how much money I could have saved by doing a 6 month sub instead of a monthly sub. Stuff like this is just the cherry on the cake.
    Yeah, this is the logical thing to do, but then you get people going "Blizzard is fooling you into getting a 6 month sub so you waste money." I mean yeah there are probably some that fall for it but I'd estimate it is low. The people who are doing 6 month subs are typically those who know they'll be playing most of the months and know it'll be cheaper. I use to do the month-to-month too just because it was easier to manage than one bulk payment (yeah I could do it, just hate doing those things). Then they started doing then so figured I might as well start doing it and getting the free stuff since I play anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Then you get the people "Blizzard is ripping you off more if you get a token since it cost someone $40 not $30 and you are feeding the evil Blizzard corporation!!!"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    They don't count. My mount counter has stayed the same (and yes I checked Paladin, DK, Warlock who get extra mounts) when receiving store mounts. It will count in the journal, but not the achievement. You can search and see multiple reports confirming this.
    Store mounts 100% DO count for the achievement. The mouse triggered my 350 mount achievement.

i dont love the set so idc its on the store, the fact the wings are not a cape appearance is lame though

Quote Originally Posted by Cathfaern View Post
    New transmog set tied to 6 months sub? "Right before" a new expansion? That cannot happen. So it means they don't expect that Shadowlands is coming sooner than at least 3+ months, but rather 4-5.
    I fail to see the connection.

- - - Updated - - -

Mounts obtained through the store don't count for the mount achievement and has been this way forever. Otherwise if they did then they would have to adjust the achievement to account for that. It'll be a +1 in your journal, but not for the achievement.
    A mount added to your personal collection, however, it does not count for the achievement.
    This is not true. My store mounts have always added to my number and counted towards the achievement.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD