Poll: What would you pick?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Dude, you pretty much recited the Reign of Chaos cinematic. "We never paid any heed to the ancient prophecies. *footman and grunt fight* Like fools, we clung to old hatreds and fought as we had for generations. *huge ass infernal lands, roars, and kills them both* We stand now, upon the brink of destruction..."
    I actually forgot about that. How contrived of me.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Obviously nobody in their right mind would consider making money that way - because you can project how myn people would quit entirely. I'd say at this point, even a raise by 10% would annoy people heavily. Everybody is just used to the same price over 15 years (and the fact that Blizzard despite inflation never raised the price in most areas means the 15 dollars they get now are worth less than the 15 dollars from 2005) - so I guess they are already afraid that even a 10% increase might make them lose money because ppl would quit over it.

I totally see (increased?) mounts etc tied to a sub as a way to compensate for it and "making money"
    idk man, i see them slowly but surely justifying the addition of more mtx and more types of mtx untiill it becomes the norm. they are within their right but its obvious what the intentions are focused on, again within their right, but that doesnt mean that the game(s) i grew up with should change like that and its not what i signed up for so yea i already left :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    The time for the reinvented MMO hasn't come. Blizzard tried with their best talent and enormous resource. So I'm for neither of the cancelled projects.
    I feel like MMOs have already been reinvented nor has been Blizzard ever been involved in that process. What Blizzard is good at is taken ideas (Im not dissing them) and adapting/refining them. There isn't an original thought in WoW.

I don't think we're see too many many more table targeted MMORPGs that can be traced back to EQ. Instead you'll get more games more akin to ESO, GW2, BDO, Ashes of Creation. Or your genre mixing games/hybrids/looters EVE, Star Citizen, Destiny, Division, Warframe, <online persistent survival games but I can't think of the name of any right now>
    Last edited by PACOX; 2020-10-21 at 12:46 PM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Wait what?
    I remember project titan... It was literally based on the old glyph system. How did it become overwatch?

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Wait what?
    I remember project titan... It was literally based on the old glyph system. How did it become overwatch?
    ur confusing path of titans from cataclysm with PROJECT titan which was a cancelled mmo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So this slow process and your projection of it becoming the norm made you quit? I mean...the recent shop additions basically came for free with a 6 month sub. Everything else in the shop doesn't affect your progress in game.
    Also, game companies make money in all kinds of ways that they didn't when we grew up with the games. Years ago they didn't sell toys, T-shirts, merchandise. Years ago they didn't have tournaments. Years ago they didn't have game convetions with expensive tickets.

It is acceptable to make money from merchandise, but not from totally optional digital items?

Don't get me wrong, I totally respect you for drawing a line, sticking to your guns and quitting. But why now and not in 2008 or 2010 or 2013 etc when in fact this shop was already around and regularely chewing out mounts and even promotions like the yearly pass?
    its not the sole reason but its definately part of it. i have been wrestling on and off with wow ever sicne cataclysm, ive only recently had enough starting in legion/bfa, its going in a direction which i believe is not what the soul of world of warcraft was and what i grew up on, and what many i presume did as well, to each their own, its obvisouly subjective but i still believe that some things are just objectively not better for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    ur confusing path of titans from cataclysm with PROJECT titan which was a cancelled mmo
    Ohh, my bad, carry on

Quote Originally Posted by Alatie View Post
    A solo massively multiplayer online game?
    Soloable if your friends or guildies aren't available, or you just don't want to be bothered atm.

TBH I really don't like MMOs, just got really invested into wow years ago and have been hanging on since. If wow ended I don't think I would start over in a new one unless it was something very unlikely like a Metroid MMO (not Blizz I know) or something. I would be interested in a Starcraft MMO but resistant.

Quote Originally Posted by Devylknyght View Post
    TBH I really don't like MMOs, just got really invested into wow years ago and have been hanging on since. If wow ended I don't think I would start over in a new one unless it was something very unlikely like a Metroid MMO (not Blizz I know) or something. I would be interested in a Starcraft MMO but resistant.
    how come is there something about mmos u dont like? i believe that mmos are the best types of games, or at least can give u the best types of game experiences, but thats my opinion ofcourse

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hands down the StarCraft MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Hands down the StarCraft MMO.
    i agree haha, wouldve been so cool, and a contrast with warcraft. dark gritty sci fi but can also be very colorful like overwatch imo

5+ Year Old Account
    One thing I will say is I sure noticed the og devs leaving in Cataclysm, lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    what i mean with ruins it is the monetization aspects

- - - Updated - - -

obvisoly blizzzard can do wrong, theyre half the problem, but when talking about jeff kapalans team, i think they can objectively way less wrong than ions team
    Then you either weren't around, or have forgotten what 2007 was like. Everything was because Kaplan didn't know what he was doing. This narrative has always been floating around.

I've never liked MMOs that take place in current or future times or settings and I highly dislike post-apocalyptic (and to some extent steampunk) settings, so I'll say that I'm happy none of their MMO ideas saw daylight. Every MMO I've ever enjoyed has been in some way based on swords, armors and magic and taken place in worlds that have not gone through significant technological evolution.

I haven't played Overwatch a lot, but the little i have done, i really enjoy everything around it, the character of the heroes, the art style, the way the game plays, everything. I would love to see blizzard bringing in front new ideas once in a while a not again a new WoW expansion or a new a new Diablo game.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Then you either weren't around, or have forgotten what 2007 was like. Everything was because Kaplan didn't know what he was doing. This narrative has always been floating around.
    what existed in 2007 thats worse than what we have today

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ek0zu View Post
    I haven't played Overwatch a lot, but the little i have done, i really enjoy everything around it, the character of the heroes, the art style, the way the game plays, everything. I would love to see blizzard bringing in front new ideas once in a while a not again a new WoW expansion or a new a new Diablo game.
    same, i believe their art style is the best of their IP's, i love the old warcraft 3 style too tho

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    I've never liked MMOs that take place in current or future times or settings and I highly dislike post-apocalyptic (and to some extent steampunk) settings, so I'll say that I'm happy none of their MMO ideas saw daylight. Every MMO I've ever enjoyed has been in some way based on swords, armors and magic and taken place in worlds that have not gone through significant technological evolution.
    thats too bad i think a fantasy sci fi setting can include any theme possible, including swords and magic haha, its the opposite of being limmited

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Overwatch MMO and Titan are the same game... by star craft MMO, do you mean Ghost?
    Well, yes and no. Overwatch was created from the remnants of Titan. But Titan was a nearly much different concept. They just repurposed a lot of it, including some story.

And Ghost was never an MMO. It was a standalone game.

thats too bad i think a fantasy sci fi setting can include any theme possible, including swords and magic haha, its the opposite of being limmited
    Just a personal opinion after all!

looks like majority want starcraft.

cant say i disagree

While I never really got into Diablo 3, I did play Diablo 2 extensively back in the day online. I'm rusty on the lore but I think the general vibe and aesthetic would lend itself well to a new MMO with an expanded universe.