Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I got mine today for an ongoing sub, but since I couldn't wait I bought it the second it was as a seperate deal in the store! So I guess I now have two of them ;D

Before BfA I remember many people complained we have no loyality rewards for subing to WoW. And now people are shiting on this, who would have guessed.

I understand people were pissed at store mounts during WoD, I was as well. First your only option was to get them was to pay Blizzard $$$. Second, they looked really cool. Third, in-game mounts were 20th recolor of boar/wolf. And final nail to the coffin was fact that store mounts really fit Draenor factions, like it was scrapped from the game and put into store... and probably it was the case.

Since then we had shit ton of cool mounts in Legion, even more in BfA (SL starting really well as well). New store mounts are not that unique, often I see comments how ugly they are. You can buy them through gold and they are cheaper than many gold sink mounts (anything that cost more than Nazmir frogs). Last ~1.5 year (so far so good) ALL (beside collectors edition etc) store mounts are introduced via loyality program, so if you're subbed for 6 months, you get them for free.

Looks like they start expanding whole system, I suspect it may be something like this: new mount -> 3 months -> transmog/toy -> 3 months -> new mount etc.

Btw, it's really funny to see people like Asmongold that shit on store stuff earnable through gold and spiting @ people who use them, but praising Dino mount (oh, I'm sorry LoNgBoI) that cost like ~500$. This level of hypocrisy is disgusting for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Before BfA I remember many people complained we have no loyality rewards for subing to WoW. And now people are shiting on this, who would have guessed.

I understand people were pissed at store mounts during WoD, I was as well. First your only option was to get them was to pay Blizzard $$$. Second, they looked really cool. Third, in-game mounts were 20th recolor of boar/wolf. And final nail to the coffin was fact that store mounts really fit Draenor factions, like it was scrapped from the game and put into store... and probably it was the case.

Since then we had shit ton of cool mounts in Legion, even more in BfA (SL starting really well as well). New store mounts are not that unique, often I see comments how ugly they are. You can buy them through gold and they are cheaper than many gold sink mounts (anything that cost more than Nazmir frogs). Last ~1.5 year (so far so good) ALL (beside collectors edition etc) store mounts are introduced via loyality program, so if you're subbed for 6 months, you get them for free.

Looks like they start expanding whole system, I suspect it may be something like this: new mount -> 3 months -> transmog/toy -> 3 months -> new mount etc.

Btw, it's really funny to see people like Asmongold that shit on store stuff earnable through gold and spiting @ people who use them, but praising Dino mount (oh, I'm sorry LoNgBoI) that cost like ~500$. This level of hypocrisy is disgusting for me.
    What store mounts actually released during WoD? Nothing really springs to mind.

I know a lot of store mounts released in between the release of patch 5.4 and 6.0, I think 3 or 4 mounts in total, but I really can't recall any store mounts releasing during WoD.

Frankly the store mounts released during 5.4 have been the most egregious in my opinion. It's clear that they simply took mounts from WoD and rather than have them be available as ingame rewards, they were sold on the store instead. Meanwhile we got like 10 recoloured wolves, boars, hippos, clefthoofs and talbuks and barely any actual cool mounts available from ingame activities in WoD.

They've also somewhat done it with Shadowlands, as both the Vulpine Familiar and the Sylverian Dreamer are creatures from Shadowlands zones being sold as store mounts, but at least it doesn't come at the cost of cool mounts available through ingame activities in Shadowlands.

*edit* I checked up on it, and seemingly only the Mystic Runesaber released in WoD, sometime during patch 6.2 if I recall. That one was also clearly swiped directly from Suramar, or at the very least heavily inspired.
    Last edited by Unlimited Power; 2020-10-22 at 07:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post

I know a lot of store mounts released in between the release of patch 5.4 and 6.0, I think 3 or 4 mounts in total, but I really can't recall any store mounts releasing during WoD.

Frankly the store mounts released during 5.4 have been the most egregious in my opinion. It's clear that they simply took mounts from WoD and rather than have them be available as ingame rewards, they were sold on the store instead. Meanwhile we got like 10 recoloured wolves, boars, hippos, clefthoofs and talbuks and barely any actual cool mounts available from ingame activities in WoD.

They've also somewhat done it with Shadowlands, as both the Vulpine Familiar and the Sylverian Dreamer are creatures from Shadowlands zones being sold as store mounts, but at least it doesn't come at the cost of cool mounts available through ingame activities in Shadowlands.
    I think there was 1 or 2 mounts released during WoD, but I was thinking about late 5.4 when I talked about "Draenor" mounts. Remember that WoD was relevant only like 8 months, after that all focus was on Legion and Blizz even took one mount datamined for shop and give it as reward for Draenor Pathfinder.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I think there was 1 or 2 mounts released during WoD, but I was thinking about late 5.4 when I talked about "Draenor" mounts. Remember that WoD was relevant only like 8 months, after that all focus was on Legion and Blizz even took one mount datamined for shop and give it as reward for Draenor Pathfinder.
    I think you're somewhat misremembering. They took a datamined store mount, the Grove Warden, and made it the reward for defeating Archimonde on heroic difficulty in HFC.

The Soaring Skyterror from the Draenor Pathfinder achievement was never a store mount.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    ah i see, so the spirit darter costume we saw is something being added to store? eh oh well, it likely was going to be the blizzcon thing but with that postponed so far away is just being added to the store.
    Its not added to the store in a directly can buy it like the mounts & pets sort of thing. Its added to the store in a way that you can buy a 6 month sub and get it and it just happens to show up in the store now as a thing you can buy. For any of those people on the fence about buying it and have the extra cash to spare and plan on playing WoW for the next 6 months, this is equal to paying $12.99 per month for the next 6 months for the game but all up front. The spirit darter thing is just a "free gift with purchase" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post

The grinning reaver was one of them, can't think of the rest

3+ Year Old Account
    I mean, it is not that bad I guess. Many people wish to set themselves apart from others in a MMO. PvP players and Mythic raiders have their improved sets as well as Mounts so show off their achievements (a bit inflated by boosting, sadly). Bad players basically had nothing to set themselves apart from other players. Blizzard now offers them this opportunity with money and they do not have to achieve something harder in the game.

This is also not problematic since players know where the appearances are from. When I see a gladiator in her elite set on the gladiator mount, I am in awe and respect them for their achievement. When I see someone with a store transmog, I laugh and can go on with my daily tasks ingame.

As I said before, as long as there is demand, Blizz would be outright stupid if they didn't try to monetize it.
    If the playerbase really wanted to stop store stuff, they'd stop buying them.

this set looks very promising
    i might buy some future sets /w more dark theme
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

10+ Year Old Account
    I do find it quite pretty, but I don't think I'll buy it.

I think the biggest issue is that this has been added to the store and is not just "loyalty" reward. It's and old project and this might have been just a repurposed item rather then directly developed for the store.

Pros:

It's nice to get it for free.

Cons:

Transmog tab is added to the store.
    It's not exclusive for loyal players. MTX.
    Paid set has more detail/race fitted while most of other sets, even the recent ones, have clipping issues.
    It breaks the armor type rules which is contradictory to blizzards - only mog what you SHOULD wear not what you can.

I think this is dangerous step and WoW, while financially these decisions are viable, is pushing away the people who don't want "Fortnitish" players running around.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Harthmut View Post
    As I said before, as long as there is demand, Blizz would be outright stupid if they didn't try to monetize it.
    If the playerbase really wanted to stop store stuff, they'd stop buying them.
    It's stupid for business not to take money out of the obvious sources, but there is also a vision which business should stick to. If Blizz want's to be like this - they should go f2p.
    WoW is a good game, we pay sub from premium - tons of updates and relatively quick fixes, stable servers when you exclude the extreme outliers. These things just cheapens the game.
    It's like going into a 5 star hotel but still getting all the street merchants approaching you and asking to buy stuff while you sunbathe by the pool in the hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    It breaks the armor type rules which is contradictory to blizzards - only mog what you SHOULD wear not what you can.
    To be fair, Garrison sets already broke that rule, then Heritage armor wiped its ass with them.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    you can literally buy it by using in game Gold. Buy Token. Redeem Battle.net Balance. Buy Transmog.

doing it that way makes it still CHEAPER than most transmogs pieces you buy off BMAH.

People complaining about it, when you can literally earn it in game for not that much gold are just silly at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    you can literally buy it by using in game Gold. Buy Token. Redeem Battle.net Balance. Buy Transmog.

doing it that way makes it still CHEAPER than most transmogs pieces you buy off BMAH.

People complaining about it, when you can literally earn it in game for not that much gold are just silly at this point.
    Buying a token is still paying with IRL money. Just not yours. It does not change the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Well I mean I can't change your mind or anything, but can tell you they definitely do not count and there are ton of reports confirming the same behavior as well.
    This is completely incorrect, please don't spread false information. I can confirm (as others have) that they do count towards 200/250/300/350/etc. mount counters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rather tempted to sub 6 months just to see people get mad. Then again might as well do it since SL is coming and there is always something to do in Classic if SL doesn't satisfy. Subbing for 6 months does save some money afterall.

The actual set is ugly though. I'd kinda understand people getting angry if it was actually a cool set.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Buying a token is still paying with IRL money. Just not yours. It does not change the problem.
    it makes it a non-problem, because People have chosen to buy the Token to get Gold. Which means since it's their choice, it makes no difference to you.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    What an ugly mog.
    Obviously it's a dr00d mog, not a dk

Interesting the way they add "unconventional", non-wow-y sets into the game. First the vendigo set, now this. Both of them comes from outside of the game. I think that part is good. It would be weird earning these in game. But then the game is full of it nontheless.