Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    Here's my rare unpopular WoW opinion: I actually like the game.
    Unpopular opinion: Just because you critique a small part of the game doesn’t mean you dislike the game as a whole. People who always say “then stop playing the game” every time you express the smallest sign of dissatisfaction are stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I quite like the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    PvP is an irrelevant side activity, and PvPers should accept that. The game should never be balanced around PvP. Only PvE performance matters.
    PvE performance doesn't matter because bosses die regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Xaxxas View Post
    Playing the game with the Music off is like watching a film without the soundtrack. It diminishes the intended user experience and should not be done. Thus many players aren't getting the beauty out of WoW, just the phat numbers.

I genuinely wonder how those folks would react if Blizz decided to just axe the music all together. Would they still proudly shout "lol I always play with it off who cares!" ?
    I used to avidly play WoW with music enabled, but since at least WoD they've been separating every zone into a bunch of microzones that each play their own variation of the zone's theme, rather than the zone having an overarching theme that plays throughout most of the zone.

I cannot handle the music constantly restarting as you move through the zone, so I'd rather play with music off.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    I mean, I've seen a fair number of posts that describe WoD as some sort of nirvana for raiders, which I think is just wrong... there were only 2 raid tiers!

It's important because people sometimes use WoD as an argument for why raiding centric design is a failure.
    Well to be fair it didn't *just* have less raiding than a typical expansion, it had less everything as it had one less major patch than usual.

People don't say WoD was raid centric because it had more raiding content than usual, they say it because there was not much to do in the game that actually meaningfully rewarded or progressed your character outside of raids, apart from cosmetic stuff and the legendary ring questline. Also because it removed other max-level progression paths such as dailies, scenarios, valor points, etc, that just weren't replaced properly in the xpac.

Personally I do think WoD was a great expansion for raiders. Despite having less raiding content than usual, the raids that it did include were all great, and some of the best raids the game has had to this date. BRF still holds the title of best overall raid as far as I'm concerned. Not to mention that raiders were able to pretty much just log for raids with very little downtime or preparation time needed in between weekly resets.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2020-10-22 at 11:55 AM.

Borrowed power is absolutely needed, Otherwise we either get no cool class changes or we end up with super bloated classes or even worse big pruning sessions. However they need to implement it better.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is nothing wrong with Gnomes/Mechagnomes/Vulpera and anything else small or cutesy. These races or style of races have existed in D&D\Tolkien lore for decades, and they are not inapproriate for WOW lore. People that hate on them are just the edgey cringelord kids from High School that hate on anything popular.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Unpopular opinion: Just because you critique a small part of the game doesn’t mean you dislike the game as a whole. People who always say “then stop playing the game” every time you express the smallest sign of dissatisfaction are stupid.
    Yeah, because the crowd of "Ive unsubed to this game, it sucks" posts in MMO-champion barely happens.. /s

I thought BfA was great. I played for most of the expansion with some breaks in between but I was still active for a few months for every patch. Mythic + dungeons were far superior to the legion ones with more interesting mob types and combinations. I didn't like all that purple too much at the end tho

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    eh... what?
    DKs being "anti paladins" is true for very few DKs in lore - Arthas, both Mograines and Zeliek (or whats his name, one of four horsemen)...
    first DKs were actualy ORC WARLOCKS...
    Orc Warlocks inhabiting the bodies of Human KNIGHTS. So you can't properly call them one or the other.

But the playable DK is quite obviously based on WC3 specifically (although I'd totally be open to converting Unholy into a ranged "Necromancer" spec), and I think the "anti-Paladin" theming is incredibly important. In Wrath, many of their Talents actually shared named with Paladins' (ie. "Vengeance & Bloody Vengeance", "Conviction & Dark Conviction", etc).

I think the correlation between the two classes is a large part of what made each of them so interesting. When you take away that relation, Death Knights are basically just "Warriors that got rezzed and smell kinda funny now".

Graphics, Character Customizations, and barbershop aside from Druids is pointless. I play at max zoom and have an Xmog that each one of my characters has used since its inception basically T5-6 for almost all classes except DK which is T10 so I never even know what my characters actually look like I random gen their appearances and Names. I don't see anything but a long shot of my characters ass and could care less about new graphics since I play at max zoom the game in Classic looks great and could have been carried over to now and I would be just fine with the development going into more Dungeons/ Raids.

Leveling is pointless and you should only be forced to waste your time with leveling 1 character per Xpac to make some developer feel happy, after that you should get an option to boost all your alts to max level from there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Orc Warlocks inhabiting the bodies of Human KNIGHTS. So you can't properly call them one or the other.

But the playable DK is quite obviously based on WC3 specifically (although I'd totally be open to converting Unholy into a ranged "Necromancer" spec), and I think the "anti-Paladin" theming is incredibly important. In Wrath, many of their Talents actually shared named with Paladins' (ie. "Vengeance & Bloody Vengeance", "Conviction & Dark Conviction", etc).

I think the correlation between the two classes is a large part of what made each of them so interesting. When you take away that relation, Death Knights are basically just "Warriors that got rezzed and smell kinda funny now".
    LOL, That line had me rolling.

WoW should change its combat system to a more action-oriented one, similar to Devil May Cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Arakakao View Post
    WoW should change its combat system to a more action-oriented one, similar to Devil May Cry.
    It'll never happen (at least not WoW itself), but I've often wished for something similar myself.

I'd kill for a spin-off game, just its own little side-story, with that style of Combat but in the Warcraft setting.

Classic would have been a fun thing to try and play around with for many more people, if not for the hardcore fans being as hostile and defending as they are for over 10 years.

it died when arthas died. no more badass villains. just some dudes to kill

Basing the entire game solely around raiding, as many players here seem to advocate, would be the death of the game. WoD definitively proved this. As much as raiders despise other activities like levelling, world-quests, reputations, and alternative activities they are basically what keeps the game running for the majority of the playerbase. While the Devs haven't always hit the right mark with this stuff (islands and warfronts for example failed rather spectacularly) the fact that they are continuing to try in Shadowlands with things like Covenants and Torghast is a positive thing despite negative noises from certain parts of the community.

Also I think the levelling squish was too much and we're going to see a lot of burnout once people level as many alts as they ever wanted and suddenly find they have little to do in the lull between major patches. I don't think the Devs can pump out new things to do quickly enough to keep up with modern gamers without having some kind of filler activity to keep players occupied, and levelling alts provided that filler.
    Last edited by Tharivor; 2020-10-22 at 01:56 PM.

The disproportionate degree of effort involved between “overworld casual” and “M+ climber” for another piddly few percentage points of performance is so very not worth it, and logistical ambition before the final tier of the expansion feels crazy to me when each tier is a soft power reset. Unless there’s some dead on conceptual transmog you absolutely need, I can’t relate to anything that powers “must do the highest difficulty of PVE even if the stress strains friendships and takes years off my life!”

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Orc Warlocks inhabiting the bodies of Human KNIGHTS.
    neither of which have ANYTHING to do with paladins...
    DK based on WC3 (well most of wow is) still doesnt make them former paladins... Arthas was former paladin, and he killed many paladins in WC3, neither of who became DK...
    tbh, Arthas is ONLY thing connecting DKs and paladins, almost no other DK used to be paladin... even when you go rising new horsemen in legion campaign you go for one paladin only (which was actualy not even real target)...

i mean if you want to make more connections and ignore most lore you can, but still wouldnt make sense, and it seems you see there more than actualy is to see...

PvE is not about DPS max/min but tactics. You can successfully raid with a bottom DPS spec with a normal guild.

Shadowlands customization options are poor. Different eye colours, tattoos? Really?

Game shouldn't be free, subscription should stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    The disproportionate degree of effort involved between “overworld casual” and “M+ climber” for another piddly few percentage points of performance is so very not worth it, and logistical ambition before the final tier of the expansion feels crazy to me when each tier is a soft power reset. Unless there’s some dead on conceptual transmog you absolutely need, I can’t relate to anything that powers “must do the highest difficulty of PVE even if the stress strains friendships and takes years off my life!”
    1000% this.

Story and experiencing the world are what I mostly care about. Challenge is not my thing, in a video game I'm playing to unwind and relax. I'm glad it's there for people who do want that, but the level of effort required to participate in that content is FAR more than I'm willing to put in. Mainly because I always feel like it's pointless, or at least disappointing when 2-3 months down the road all that power you worked for will become obsolete or more easily obtainable.