Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Let us all at least agree to this:

If you buy and / or use WoW tokens for Game time and / or Blizzard Balance - You should legally not* be allowed to whine over the in-game store existing / having items added too it. You are just fueling the system you supposedly "Hate" - You can't have your cake and eat it too.

(* Because there is an absurd amount of people in this thread alone that is non-trollingly trying to make me seem like the fool for thinking there should be a law about this; I Just had to add this segment to tell you - It is a figure of speech ya dummy)

Also: While on that topic - What is even the fuss about the game store about? I am a Mount Collector and I'm hardly fazed by there being mounts at the store. Comparing the WoW game store to so many other MMORPGS out there makes the WoW one seem like a kindergarden project; it's harmless. There is NO pay to win elements as no mount, transmog or battle pet will give you an in-game advantage. (Yeah I know Lil'Rags is a decent battle pet but he is nowhere near the best, nor does he break the system)

In addition to that; All of the items on the game store is TOTALLY obtainable via in-game activities. You get your gold, you turn it into a token and you convert that to currency. Like how is this missing people's head?

Seeing folks shout "70 DOLLARS / EUROS FOR A MOUNT / TRANSMOG?!" Is also just absurd, it's 70 $ / € for SIX MONTHS OF GAME TIME IN ADDITION TO (Insert whatever Blizz will include with the 6 month sub in the future)

But yeah, if you add fuel to the system you hate - Then screw you, your argument is invalid. If you use tokens; you should not whine in any way over whatever the heck Blizz adds to the game store (As long as it remains purely cosmetic and nothing stupid like "Pay not for a full set of the most recent raid gear" is added)

Yet while on that note. Ya'll know WoW can be played for free now after purchase yeah? Thanks to those tokens? Surely a lot of people is doing that. And Blizzard despite being under Activision's wing (Activision which clearly wants WoW to die so they can have the people working on it focus on things like Hearthstone and Overwatch where there is still money being made for some reason) They still got employees to pay, despite that they seem to go in + on the quarterly earnings calls we see: A lot of people seem to think that a in-game store is only justified if your company is going in minus or is barely breaking even. Are you folks just that ignorant? I guess there is a reason you are sitting here complaining about Brightwing being flayed for a transmog as opposed to taking it for what it is and rather unsubbing or moving on with your life.

Thanks. I'll see some of you in court since surely someone got offended to the point of feeling like I personally attacked them while standing firm on that if you buy and / or use WoW Tokens to any degree; You should shut the heck up about anything in-game store related.
    Last edited by Knight Meta; 2020-10-23 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Folks readings this be absolute crazy biches
    The funniest jokes on MMO-Champ in order: (This signature is not calling out anyone in SPECIFIC and is thus not breaking any rules)
    1: All the moderators that does not know how to handle this webpage.
    2: Whoever set up the auto-bot that does not know the rules.
    3: The rules and guidelines themselves.
    Speaking of jokes:https://i.imgur.com/MaBzzAR.png

10+ Year Old Account
    in modern western world, one can whine about almost anything, frankly.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

I can only agree on this: neither you or anyone else gets to tell me what I can and can't complain about. Or generally tell me what to do. You can suggest it politely, and maybe I will consider your opinion. But don't hold your breath.

Only thing I would say is while yes other MMOs have much larger cash shops, the majority of them don't have a subscription required to play the game. They might have a premium membership for cosmetics, rewards, etc but nothing where you can't even log in unless you pay the toll.

So sub + smaller mount shop shouldn't be counted as a plus for Blizzard, it should be expected they would have a smaller shop than a non-sub game.

So make it illegal to type things you don't agree with? Is that correct OP?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why they would complain over a 20€ item to advance their completion of the game when tcg mounts alone cost like 20000€

the transmog is 20e sold separate,and this store mog is more complex and detailed with all 3d assets,something raid sets dont see even,this is what they spend their time on instead of making raid sets,its disgusting,and you are simping hard here,but honestly you are better off working at kfc than getting scraps from blizz to shill this hard

My tooth is bothering me today. I'll whine about everything, no matter how insignificant, lol. Dentist early next week. You have to understand, my whining is at my tooth, but it is just being misdirected to WoW. This is human nature, and blaming anyone for human nature is completely obtuse(tooth hurting made me say that, lol, I know it isn't true).
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2020-10-22 at 06:08 PM.

dont bother man, the people who glady pay wont understand

i whine about how tax loop holes shouldn't exist, but that doesn't mean i won't use them while they do exist.

i wouldn't mind the cash store if it didn't so obviously take away from game content and/or if there was a more natural way to earn the stuff through gameplay.

Illidan voice: I am my whine!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    here's a few facts:
    you can buy this transmog for 300k gold (probably less on us)
    there is like 5000 transmogs in wow that are sold for that on the AH
    blizzard is a company and they need money to keep going (pay employees, or simply have a reason to keep going)
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    here's a few facts:
    you can buy this transmog for 300k gold (probably less on us)
    there is like 5000 transmogs in wow that are sold for that on the AH
    blizzard is a company and they need money to keep going (pay employees, or simply have a reason to keep going)
    ???
    Pay employees? You mean the 1100 they laid off in the past year and a half when they're already making record profits.....

Yeah no. Even with those 1100 they wouldn't be hurting for money because MTXs for WoW are coming out more than ever. It's literally because Activision and the higher ups are beyond greedy.
    Last edited by pepine; 2020-10-22 at 06:26 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight Meta View Post
    If you buy and / or use WoW tokens for Game time and / or Blizzard Balance - You should legally not be allowed to whine over the in-game store existing / having items added too it. You are just fueling the system you supposedly "Hate" - You can't have your cake and eat it too.
    This is a very bad take and poorly thought out. Having options for players to purchase game-time with dedication to the game isn't uncommon. RuneScape is probably the most notable example of this with the Bond system, where you can use RS gold to purchase membership and forgo membership subscription costs; however, OSRS does not have any additional microtransactions other than Bonds. This is a working use-case of having the ability to purchase and trade options of getting game-time for gold without additional microtransactions.

You can be intellectually honest and consistent if you are in favour of systems like the WoW token but disapprove of subscription-based services using the money you pay for the game to add in secondary, paywall-gated content.

Also: While on that topic - What is even the fuss about the game store about? I am a Mount Collector and I'm hardly fazed by there being mounts at the store. Comparing the WoW game store to so many other MMORPGS out there makes the WoW one seem like a kindergarden project; it's harmless. There is NO pay to win elements as no mount, transmog or battle pet will give you an in-game advantage. (Yeah I know Lil'Rags is a decent battle pet but he is nowhere near the best, nor does he break the system)
    There are (2) primary reasons why players are annoyed: (1) this is a pay-to-play game and adding in additional paywalls to access resources, which were developed on budget paid for by players via subscriptions, is distasteful; (2) this is content that could otherwise be added in-game as rewards to incentivize in-game activities (possibly reputation mounts, hidden quests mounts, etc.). Equating WoW, a subscription-based game, to other MMOs that only have microtransactions, which is the typical model nowadays, is disingenuous.

In addition to that; All of the items on the game store is TOTALLY obtainable via in-game activities. You get your gold, you turn it into a token and you convert that to currency. Like how is this missing people's head?

Seeing folks shout "70 DOLLARS / EUROS FOR A MOUNT / TRANSMOG?!" Is also just absurd, it's 70 $ / € for SIX MONTHS OF GAME TIME IN ADDITION TO (Insert whatever Blizz will include with the 6 month sub in the future)
    Because, in the scenario that you've outlined, it is $70 for the mount/transmog. Essentially you're converting the amount of game time that you would have otherwise purchased into Blizzard balance. Moreover, truthfully, the amount of a WoW token is likely outside of the gold budget range of most players. I have a Brutosaur and still have a few million gold, but I know lots of guildies and friends of mine did not take advantage of raw gold farming, which has effectively been killed, and do not know how to effectively make WoW gold easily; the 150~200k for a WoW token may not be feasible for them, essentially forcing them to purchase the item without using the token.

Thanks. I'll see some of you in court since surely someone got offended to the point of feeling like I personally attacked them while standing firm on that if you buy and / or use WoW Tokens to any degree; You should shut the heck up about anything in-game store related.
    I don't understand how you can be this triggered about a relatively benign complaint and then talk about other people feeling personally attacked. I cannot tell if someone made fun of you for purchasing the Celestial Steed or something, but it's OK, you have fun with the store purchases. No one is stopping you and the store isn't going anywhere. You do you.

**** Update: I need to stop skimming posts. Struck the part that is not relevant.
    Last edited by Magical Mudcrab; 2020-10-27 at 03:43 AM.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

So just to be clear - you want to "legally" restrict someone's freedom of speech, over a video game?

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Meta View Post
    ...There is NO pay to win elements...
    Ok.

Option 1: Level up. Get a guild. No decent guild accepts you because you have no gear or experience. You start from a bottom tier guild. You progress, you wipe, you endure hardships. After months of effort you clear the current raid on mythic. Mount drops. You don't get it.

Option 2: Buy a level boost. Buy a billion coins using real money. Use them to buy mythic boosts until you are decked out in crazy gear. Also buy the mount because why not.

No pay to win elements.

What guild bro?? With enough money you don't need a guild.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    So just to be clear - you want to "legally" restrict someone's freedom of speech, over a video game?
    For the record, because I hate when people use freedom of speech by a wrong definition: freedom of speech is only freedom from GOVERNMENT censorship and prison time as a result of something you say (so long as it isnt a threat) NOTHING ELSE. It is also not freedom from consequences as a result of saying something dumb or ignorant.

You can absolutely be punished or restricted in a video game or message board from saying something.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyechewer View Post
    What guild bro?? With enough money you don't need a guild.
    And if you are a decent player, you don't need to buy gear! The system works!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    For the record, because I hate when people use freedom of speech by a wrong definition: freedom of speech is only freedom from GOVERNMENT censorship and prison time as a result of something you say (so long as it isnt a threat) NOTHING ELSE. It is also not freedom from consequences as a result of saying something dumb or ignorant.

You can absolutely be punished or restricted in a video game or message board from saying something.
    Woooosh - that's the conversation flying over your head. Read the OP. They want to make it "illegal" to discuss mtx if you have ever used them. You are wrong, but, thanks to freedom of speech, you are entitled to either admit you are wrong and apologize for misunderstanding the context of the discussion, or just double down and refuse to admit your mistake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pepine View Post
    Pay employees? You mean the 1100 they laid off in the past year and a half when they're already making record profits.....

Yeah no. Even with those 1100 they wouldn't be hurting for money because MTXs for WoW are coming out more than ever. It's literally because Activision and the higher ups are beyond greedy.
    no one will do a game like wow for nothing in return