Page 1 of 41
... LastLast

New date may not be til spring...

With no new date yet given, i would think november is out the window and december unlikely due to the holidays.

Sure they could do jan but i doubt it since i feel like a lot is being redisgned that spring is looking more then likely

With the recent new 6 month promo scam wouldn't be surprised if it is spring.

Spring for yous is Autumn (or Fall) for me. That's very unfortunate.

In the words of Moroes, "how terribly disappointing!".

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    The last xpac to be delayed was BC, which was pushed to January, so that's not out the window.
    I do think it won't be November, else we would have heard about it, thinking they would want to give the players 6 weeks advance.
    A December release, especially since Valhalla and Cyberpunk are on their way*, also feels like a bad time, so next year does feel right to me.

*EDIT: meant to say "in the next few weeks", as in, it would be tough to put it out while two big games are in their prime stride (whereas getting it out first beats them to the punch).

I thought blizzard stated that the expansion will still be a 2020 release?

3+ Year Old Account
    Release it when it's ready. Not before.

Quote Originally Posted by pepine View Post
    With the recent new 6 month promo scam wouldn't be surprised if it is spring.
    Could you tell me how paying for an actual service is considered a scam ?
    Forum discussions are almost completely worthless to developers. It is a bunch of uninformed idiotic users screaming their untested crappy ass ideas over everyone else. Real data comes from studying what people do in game, how they react to changes, etc.

Was hoping for some actual evidence of this, not just doomsayer speculation.

Both November and December still work as dates.

We have the pre-patch now, we don't need a firm release date given a month ahead of time. A week or two is more than enough.

As for December, Cataclysm was released on Dec 7th, so there is precedent for December releases. Likewise, WotLK and WoD were both released in November, having content that lasted through Thanksgiving into the Christmas season, so again, not out of the realm of possibility.

I could have accepted an argument without facts for January, but not "Oh it's going to be late spring, just because I say so."

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Release it when it's ready. Not before.
    Cute PR statement. WoD and BfA begs to differ.

a delay till spring would be too much to hope for.

This is not a good sign folks. I agree that you don’t release it until it’s done but this means it’s gotta be horrible for them to actually delay it this long. This is like project titan or Starcraft ghost except this time they have to release it and can’t scrap it. This could be the proverbial nail on the coffin for WoW

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard clearly said in the delay announcement it would still be in 2020 and have not changed anything yet. There is zero news supporting the theory that it will be a longer delay to next year. These posts feel so entitled. It's barely 3 weeks since the delay announcement and there are multiple threads complaining that the new release date hasn't been announced yet.

Quote Originally Posted by JMitchy96 View Post
    That's cute.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Cute PR statement. WoD and BfA begs to differ.
    The fact they didn’t release it in October is evidence that it’s not going to be a WoD or BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    That's cute.
    Don't act like a cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by JMitchy96 View Post
    They did say in the delay annoucement that they would be releasing it later this year and their website still says "Coming in 2020".

I think the fact that they said "it will be released later this year" means it will be released this year. They didnt say later, they said this year. Would be a huge mistake promising something and not doing it. Twice.

Im sure we will get it this year.

According to the ingame calender, the first Shadowlands dungeon event is on february 3rd, so id say january 5th release.

Quote Originally Posted by Zemuron View Post
    This is not a good sign folks. I agree that you don’t release it until it’s done but this means it’s gotta be horrible for them to actually delay it this long. This is like project titan or Starcraft ghost except this time they have to release it and can’t scrap it. This could be the proverbial nail on the coffin for WoW
    Uhh, the Original date was October 26th. Today is October 22nd. It has hardly been delayed at all so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dantos View Post
    According to the ingame calender, the first Shadowlands dungeon event is on february 3rd, so id say january 5th release.
    That means nothing and can easily be changed.

I get the feeling we will hear something on the old release date.