Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    How much time do you think it took?
    12 parsecs

I really like Exile’s Reach and I think it’s a good experience for new players. I do however agree that you don’t learn extremely much about the game there. But that’s also because it’s only from level 1-10 and most of what you need to know about the game is related to end game content.

WoW really lacks end game tutorials in my opinion. So many players completely suck in M+ because they have no idea how to use the utility of their classes. I bet there are plenty of Rogues that never utilize Gouge in M+ for example, because they don’t know any better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggler View Post
    Oh, then i misread/misinterpreted your post, i'm sorry.
    It's all good man. All in all I am glad they found a suitable solution to revamp the starting experience, without upgrading every single zone. It was a much needed change.

Incredible, everything you said is wrong.

off the top of my head:
    -movement
    -facing your enemy
    -basic combat
    -aggressive vs nonagressive monsters
    -how to add abilities to your action bars
    -how to do quests, including ones that require using an item
    -how to use vehicles
    -how to use the lfg tool
    -how to sell/buy things at vendors
    -eating/drinking to restore health and mana
    -dying, now even more intuitive with the new map markers
    -how to find things in capital cities
    -including in particular where the mount trainers are and how to train them and put them on your bar.
    -how to enter groups with the lfg tool
    -yes how to use the AH is included, the first time you enter the AH and open it you get a short tutorial

It's really thorough, but okay, what can we add considering it's literally just for levels 1-10? Maybe...
    -multiple action bars exist in the settings
    -make autoloot the default or tell players where that is
    -mailboxes, having the NPCs send you a mail with an item attached at the end teaching you how to do the same.
    -profession trainers
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Its not perfect but its 100000000000000000000000x better than initial leveling experience which we had until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    Not true. The very first tutorial anyone laid their eyes upon when vanilla launched was the game manual. Thats right. Every copy of the game shipped with a comprehensive tutorial booklet telling you everything you needed to know to play the game. Now the question whether you actually ever read the manual is another thing but to say that there was no tutorials is simply incorrect.
    IN GAME tutorials is what we are referring to here. I am aware of the paperweight that was the useless manual the game came with because i know how to hit esc and go to the keybind options to see what to press.
    Insanity is repeating the same action and expecting different results. *Cough, Blizzard!, COUGH*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Menolikeu View Post
    IN GAME tutorials is what we are referring to here. I am aware of the paperweight that was the useless manual the game came with because i know how to hit esc and go to the keybind options to see what to press.
    Pretty sure there were in game tutorials in vanilla.

And the game manual also had plenty more stuff than just keybinds.

It went over:
    -realm types
    -the whole ui,
    -questing,
    - npc characters,
    -spells, health, mana,
    - looting items,
    - action bars,
    - dying & resurrecting,
    - chat,
    - learning new spells,
    - macros,
    -grouping up with people
    - reputation,
    - pvp

Hell it even had a dictionary for mmorpg terms and other useful words such as aggro, carebear, debuff, griefer etc.

It definitely could do a lot more, but it is flat out, by like a million fold, the best WoW's ever had in terms of trying to do a tutorial, and is well over a decade overdue at this point.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    What's wrong with BFA's questing experience? The zones are great overall. Certainly better quality questing and visuals than the old 1-60 zones.
    The zones are okay. The pacing (at least pre-squish) was wonky (I finished all the storylines at 116). The War Campaign stuff is just annoying. And also they removed all the Heart of Azeroth stuff which makes all the Azerite plots just weirdly out of place.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandaria was a scam View Post
    Teaches players almost nothing about their class, interface menus, customizing actions bars, basic BG objectives, dungeon threat, healing or tanking, kiting, self-healing and potions, what the different city services are (AH, vendors, daily quests, travel etc...takes you to a class trainer who now do NOTHING), crafting, Chromie new leveling system and its pros/cons, partying, lfg tool, chat, whispers, logs...

If I was a new player I'd have learned almost nothing from that thing, and I would find the writing very cringy. It really does not have a Warcraft feel at all, just generic fantasy MMO setting.
    I'm assuming that this is a very bad attempt at trolling but that's just an assumption.

There is no way that they could teach every single MMO mechanic in one area. Much of that takes time and gradual experience. What Exile's Reach does teach you is enough to build a foundation to enjoy the game, and honestly is a much better tutorial than many MMO's out there. I think Exile's Reach is fantastic personally!

Why would blizzard teach you about 3rd party addons and dps logs? Lol OP has to be trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seraphbreak View Post
    I ran through it with some noob friends and it was pretty good. I wish it taught interrupts though.
    Actually surprised they didn't think about this considering they are a core part of PvE and PvP.

Otherwise it was a fun little zone to play through and I think it definitely has it's place in the grand scheme.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    Pretty sure there were in game tutorials in vanilla.

And the game manual also had plenty more stuff than just keybinds.
    Dont forget, it also said you could die - as a ghost!

On Topic, I just think people expected it to handhold a brand new players way through the entire game - every facet, every possibility, and thats just not reasonable at all. Pet battles, raiding, pvp, dungeons including M+ and keystones, dailies, WQ, reputations, every bolt-on system the game has ever had, bgs, arenas....The list could go on for pages, and it is extremely unrealistic to expect any form of tutorial to cover all these off even in 50 levels, let alone 10.

When we look at other, FAR simpler games, the tutorials still only cover off the VERY basics. Looking at BF4, the SP teaches you the VERY basics of movement, weapon handling, vehicles, and thats about it. All the intricacies of the game are learned by playing the game, or talking to others who do. Online resources exist for to help out new players, but ultimately, the only way to learn is to play. I was a passenger in a chopper just 2 days ago, and the pilot was quite good - been playing for a few years he said, and yet he was blown away when i started repairing the chopper from the side/door seat. Its not that he was a "bad" player, or that i am a 'good' player, but he doesnt play engi, and just didnt realise it was possible, he was a casual player. Now he knows. The list of things i have learned in wow through a similar scenario is endless...

did you know you can eat AND drink at the SAME TIME?
    Last edited by arkanon; 2020-10-21 at 08:05 PM.

Blizzard has a few teams to work at the same time.

Shadowlands' delay has nothing to do with this team.

This thread is absolutely one of the worst troll threads I have seen on this site. Someone just needs to shut it down there is no point to it.

Quote Originally Posted by mhdoe View Post
    This thread is absolutely one of the worst troll threads I have seen on this site. Someone just needs to shut it down there is no point to it.
    If you believe a thread breaches the rules in any way, you should report it and move on. By posting in it, you only bump it even further.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Uh, no.

They DID take notes from Vanilla and moved forward, that's exactly why we have the game we do today. That's why the game we have today is the modern one and Classic is just that...the Classic, aka old version of the game. they're not going to revert back to something they moved away from on purpose.
    You mean like covenats what are straigh up created on classic ideologi?

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    You mean like covenats what are straigh up created on classic ideologi?
    Them being based on Classic ideology is news to me, what Classic ideology are you referring to?

It teaches quite a bit for new players. Definitely disagree with OP.

Worst troll thread ever. If you are going to bait people at least use something credible. 0/10 effortless troll