Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Biglog View Post
    Blizzard clearly said in the delay announcement it would still be in 2020 and have not changed anything yet. There is zero news supporting the theory that it will be a longer delay to next year. These posts feel so entitled. It's barely 3 weeks since the delay announcement and there are multiple threads complaining that the new release date hasn't been announced yet.
    True, but since they started allowing preorder refunds i think that clears them legally to push it to next year. If they didn't do that than they were legally obligated to release it this year no matter what.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyletheboss View Post
    True, but since they started allowing preorder refunds i think that clears them legally to push it to next year. If they didn't do that than they were legally obligated to release it this year no matter what.
    No. Nothing about "on or before" is a legal obligation. TBC was released in a different year then they said and they were not legally obligated to release it December 31st 2006. WC3 reforged was pushed to a different year and nothing was legally obligated to be released. No one at Blizzard has been arrested or charged with a crime for not releasing a product.

The only thing Blizzard, or any company, is legally obligated to do is offer a refund.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexplode View Post
    Great! First wild rift now Shadowlands....
    I mean if you're gonna take OP with his zero evidence and actually believe him then I don't know what to say really...

Quote Originally Posted by Titebiere83 View Post
    Could you tell me how paying for an actual service is considered a scam ?
    In a way these features are being developed with players sub and box money, only to be resold to them as microtransactions instead of being incorporated into a game that is already expensive and whose development is continuously paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    There is some evidence to support this claim, but obviously people just ignore / dismiss it. Like someone said on the previous page, the calender had the first SL event listed for feb 2021. Its evidence, but not conclusive.
    https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/statu...129667074?s=20

hope it helps to clear your not so smart thought process
    I.O BFA Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Fundamentally the expansion is fine for release except for a fair whack of tuning and a few cinematics.

Previous delays (especially BC) have been for core issues - not for a bit of tuning.

It will be out this year - however the raids/M+ season/PvP season may be delayed until the new year to give them heaps of time to tune the numbers.
    It's currently the entire levelling experience that's f'ed, together with hundreds of legendary and covenant abilities that are not easily tuned. I hope they don't die on that hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    The last xpac to be delayed was BC, which was pushed to January, so that's not out the window.
    I do think it won't be November, else we would have heard about it, thinking they would want to give the players 6 weeks advance.
    A December release, especially since Valhalla and Cyberpunk are on their way*, also feels like a bad time, so next year does feel right to me.

*EDIT: meant to say "in the next few weeks", as in, it would be tough to put it out while two big games are in their prime stride (whereas getting it out first beats them to the punch).
    Which was a dam good expansion sooo here’s hoping..I a,so kinda wonder if maybe this isn’t a do or die expansion for blizz...as in if this one bombs Activision going to fully absorb blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    So it' just bugfixes and numbers tuning. They aren't making any new assets or designing new content, I don't see why it won't be early December AT THE LATEST.
    Just. There's someone who's never had to fix bugs in gazillions of lines of code before.

The tuning will take a long time because all their nobs are fucked, and some classes still need fundamental changes, which will then affect the systems tied into them.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    If you "Want" an IceCream, and then Decide to not get an Icecream, does that mean you are unable to get IceCream?

Because, I can do alot of things, I dont want to do, but still can. I can also change my mind on things.

"Its Fucking Wrekt", is an Opinion, not a fact.

And if they need to delay the Expansion for 1-8 Weeks, its wise to say that they are not sure. "Later this year, we are not sure when exactly", doesnt mean "We have no idea how long it will take".

Still, the thing is: They HAVE a working Build, you can play it on the Beta. There is nothing preventing Blizzard from saying: "Okey, time for Release", it might not be the Product you want, and they might not fix the Issues you think are oh so wrecking. But it would be released.

Show me one Studio that never delayed a Software.

And what exactly from that list is not Tuning?

- - - Updated - - -

I can also spout stuff without any kind of Evidence.

I´d say release of Shadowlands is every week 5 weeks from that point on, unless they post a new date. *laugh*

Jokes aside, I would say they probably aim at some point in the later half of November, and if they dont get it done early December I would wager they skipp Christmas and put it early January.
    Nice strawman. My argument was that the release date isn't when blizzard wanted it to be. I didn't say or imply that blizzard couldn't release it later.

Not knowing when it will be released is the same as having no idea. The accuracy of the latest information we have and the track record of recent events from blizzard is proof that my claim that they have no idea is more likely than a claim that they know when it will be released.

"Is fucking wrekt" is an opinion based in data at hand. Claims that they are just adding polish and fixing a couple of things up is complete bullshit. Is that the mode they are in right now, almost 2 months after the announcement of the delay? Maybe. I think it's still broken because we have had radio silence in release date for about 7 weeks now.

Show you a studio that has never delayed a game? After you show me someone who is wrong about SL being delayed. It won't happen on both counts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Yeah because you and others seem to think there's been some big wrong by not going by what they said "Release October 27th." Like its somehow a bad thing. Blizzard's credibility did not go down just cause they delayed a game, the response has been the opposite despite some small people whining about wasted taking time off. Delays have been common all year. This credibility arguments is stupid.

The option is already there in Pre Patch.
    Just because you can't find a valid, thought out response is not a good enough reason to call something stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by LazuOG View Post
    It's currently the entire levelling experience that's f'ed, together with hundreds of legendary and covenant abilities that are not easily tuned. I hope they don't die on that hill.
    Levelling experience and tuning is pretty much data files - not code issues. Code issues make for long delays, not adjusting data files.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicard View Post
    November 23rd/24th is the new release date currently
    Any declared release date or projection carries very little weight now. It doesn't matter if they said Nov 23/24th or Before 2021. They already said October and then moved it. They can just move the release date again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Not knowing when it will be released is the same as having no idea. The accuracy of the latest information we have and the track record of recent events from blizzard is proof that my claim that they have no idea is more likely than a claim that they know when it will be released.
    They can easily have an internal launch date but are not publicly releasing it until they are sure they can meet it. So your claim is no more valid then anything else because it based on nothing but conjecture. The delay was announced on October 1st which is not 2 months ago. It isn't even a month ago.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...on-shadowlands
    Last edited by rhorle; 2020-10-23 at 02:49 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Fundamentally the expansion is fine for release except for a fair whack of tuning and a few cinematics.

Previous delays (especially BC) have been for core issues - not for a bit of tuning.

It will be out this year - however the raids/M+ season/PvP season may be delayed until the new year to give them heaps of time to tune the numbers.
    You're a bold faced liar if you believe there aren't core fundamental issues with Shadowlands and the expansions systems.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyletheboss View Post
    They own the game, and the license, and everything else that goes with it. They are legally entitled to do whatever they want with it. Release it, don't release it, cancel it, whatever they want. That's how it works when you own something.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by Zonnis View Post
    Don't act like a cunt.
    Well at least I'm acting like one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    You're a bold faced liar if you believe there aren't core fundamental issues with Shadowlands and the expansions systems.
    Torghast does not have issues, you can claim covanents might have issues but Shadowlands itself is fine, covanents are the controversy not the whole thing.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    If they don't know today when it will be ready with enough certanty to announce a date then i feel like it most likely wont come 2020.

Because realisticly, if they were aiming for a early december release, surely by now, the 23rd of october they should be pretty fucking sure if they will be able to meet it or not.
    Not true. They still have time to announce it and still come out in December. They have until the 2nd week of November to still be able to release in December. Both the pre-patch event and release date would be announced at the same time and the event only takes two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    there aren't core fundamental issues with Shadowlands and the expansions systems.
    That's actually me being rational, and having over 30 years experience in software development - knowing the difference between programming issues and data issues.

Hope I clarified your error.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I say a release on next years autumn

10+ Year Old Account
    Too soon.
    I'd say 2025 release.
    No source, but trust me guys